MLS youth league

MLS clubs are certainly committed to non-MLS clubs but the non-MLS clubs' entrance into the MLS Youth League will most certainly be invitation-only and just enough clubs needed to effectively run this league on a regional basis and still have competitive parity. Both the LA and San Diego divisions of DA League had far too many clubs. Half of the clubs or maybe even a little less is my guess. Would be interesting to see the analysis on which non-MLS clubs stayed in competitive reach of the top clubs in the DA league.

Both the articles posting and the one on the MLS site say they're welcoming ALL former ussda clubs.

Besides those could see a invite or application requirement like most leagues. Going to cost and MLS hasn't been doing anything but cutting those so will be interested to see what they come up, the financing to start something up new given the current situation

Galaxy will no longer have younger team and only a selected few of 06’s will stay on. So it looks like the older teams will be in the mls league.

Galaxy will no longer have younger team and only a selected few of 06’s will stay on. So it looks like the older teams will be in the mls league.
I heard they will keep all the age groups and the younger ones play more local. Is this not the case?

Hi. New account. Came to learn and help my B05. I read many threads but didnt find anything on the new, expanded MLS Youth League permitting HS or not. I know ECNL does and DA did not. Anyone have certainty on which it will be? Ty.

That's a curious development, the one MLS spokespersons in the article said they're looking at three age groups possibly for 20-21'

U15 (06), u17(04), and TBA

So either U15 is no longer under consideration and the MLS part will start at u16(05) or galaxy will be looking for new 06's.

I heard they will keep all the age groups and the younger ones play more local. Is this not the case?

Not for the MLS components, 3 age groups olders.

USYS may be offering youngers a new "elite" league but nothing but a reach out and please contact if your interested feeler so far.

Hi. New account. Came to learn and help my B05. I read many threads but didnt find anything on the new, expanded MLS Youth League permitting HS or not. I know ECNL does and DA did not. Anyone have certainty on which it will be? Ty.

Discuss with the clubs you're interested in, no league wide statement about ban of HS for public schools like DA had but some club doc/coaches have early told prospective players that high school play doesn't fit into their programs.

This is very preliminary information so might want to give it some time and see how it all shakes out.

That would be my guess. I don't see them sending the 12s and 13s packing...

$$$ and zero mention of anything <U15 so far regarding younger.

Might be a different league although NPLwest has become redundant now with majority of those in ECNL.

No Vancouver Whitecaps ….

I wonder if this is something different than the youth league that is planned. Perhaps the new USL/MLS high school academy league that was rumored? This obviously doesn't include any of the former DA clubs that we have heard are in the league. I know multiple parents of players from non-MLS DA clubs that heard directly from their clubs that they are in the new league. This (above) doesn't square with that at all.

No Vancouver Whitecaps ….

I wonder if this is something different than the youth league that is planned. Perhaps the new USL/MLS high school academy league that was rumored? This obviously doesn't include any of the former DA clubs that we have heard are in the league. I know multiple parents of players from non-MLS DA clubs that heard directly from their clubs that they are in the new league. This (above) doesn't square with that at all.

Nah this is most likely something different with adult teams, the one listed are USL or NISA affiliated teams or will be. For next march 2021 if I'm reading the somewhat blurry image correctly?

The USL A eague has a different set of teams listed starting in Fall 2020.

Nah this is most likely something different with adult teams, the one listed are USL or NISA affiliated teams or will be. For next march 2021 if I'm reading the somewhat blurry image correctly?

The USL A eague has a different set of teams listed starting in Fall 2020.

Some youngers dad reposter on Twitter making stuff up is my guess. Start next year and call it pda yeah very doubtful

Yeah enough of the #fakenews Twitter stuff

National league for former U.S. Soccer Development Academy (DA) clubs.

"As a part of this new club-based league structure, the USYS Conferences can now include a competition platform for all former U.S. Soccer Development Academy (DA) clubs. With input from club directors, USYS Conferences can now provide both regional and national connectivity for clubs looking for a development pathway for their top tier team(s). More information about this opportunity will be available in the coming weeks.

Yeah enough of the #fakenews Twitter stuff

National league for former U.S. Soccer Development Academy (DA) clubs.

"As a part of this new club-based league structure, the USYS Conferences can now include a competition platform for all former U.S. Soccer Development Academy (DA) clubs. With input from club directors, USYS Conferences can now provide both regional and national connectivity for clubs looking for a development pathway for their top tier team(s). More information about this opportunity will be available in the coming weeks.
Jpeter, lots of multisyllabic words and/or don't have enough background to understand what this means. can you translate and/or boil down what the boots-on-the ground impact is of this?

Jpeter, lots of multisyllabic words and/or don't have enough background to understand what this means. can you translate and/or boil down what the boots-on-the ground impact is of this?

United States youth soccer association will sanction the new to be named MLS youth soccer league and create a new conference for them on regional and national levels.

Just like they do for Cal South and this will include some sort of ALL NEW USYS National Showcases and playoffs and or national championship.

United States youth soccer association will sanction the new to be named MLS youth soccer league and create a new conference for them on regional and national levels.

Just like they do for Cal South and this will include some sort of ALL NEW USYS National Showcases and playoffs and or national championship.
I guess now we know what TFA was waiting for and why he didn't jump on that ECNL announcement.

You likely know more than I do, but I didn't get a strong impression from the letter that this was going to necessarily be the framework for the MLS league. To me is sounded like USYS is offering an option to DA teams. "USYS Conferences can now include a competition platform for all former U.S. Soccer Development Academy (DA) clubs". "Can" doesn't sound as affirmative as "is" or "will".

You likely know more than I do, but I didn't get a strong impression from the letter that this was going to necessarily be the framework for the MLS league. To me is sounded like USYS is offering an option to DA teams. "USYS Conferences can now include a competition platform for all former U.S. Soccer Development Academy (DA) clubs". "Can" doesn't sound as affirmative as "is" or "will".

Well of course it's up the MLS and non to participate in a new Academy conference or what ever it' will be called for that to become a reality.

Just like how Cal south runs there leagues or the CRL Pacific conference.

Very early stages and this wasn't planned at all. The collaboration with USYS will likely be just be part of overall platform at least that's what I've been told.

International teams from MX, coaching educational programs, player IDs , and other tournaments are part of the approach they are taking into consideration.

Might be months before they work out the details and they don't seem to be in a rush so nobody really knows. Spending money and investing in something new is not a really priority for MLS right now.

Here's a great interview with US Soccer Scout Josh Hill about where things are at and what's next.

TopDrawerSoccer is similar to SoccerAmerica in that it's a key pub that's really benefited youth soccer in this country, and that they likely will have some tough times ahead. Give the interview a read and subscribe.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.18.06 AM.png

Back