Manchester City Cup… what’s their issue..?

SMH…Quality of this tournament is not starting off well. At least my expectations will be low.. so I won’t be as upset when I get there… maybe if we are lucky they will just cancel it

My daughter's club signed up for it when we would have been happy to see them playing on any field. Now, deep into ECNL and high school season without any college coaches attending, we would gladly take the money back and rest at home on the long weekend.

I seriously question why a club team with a lot of varsity players on it would schedule a multi-game tournament on Memorial Day weekend.
At the very least, their HS squad wrapped up the season about 10 days ago. And they were playing HS and Club concurrently. A high end club team is likely to have players that play nearly a full game for their HS 2x per week. And a club game or 2 on the weekend.
I am guessing that at some cubs your team is expected to play at certain tournaments, it's part of the deal. Also some of the finals are Friday night so that would not be a conflict.

I am guessing that at some cubs your team is expected to play at certain tournaments, it's part of the deal. Also some of the finals are Friday night so that would not be a conflict.
Not so much worried about conflicts. More worried about a kid who played in a CIF playoff game on Friday and then plays at 4 games between Saturday and Sunday, with a possible final on Monday. Thankfully, for the older age groups- the games are 35 minutes per half.
Example from the 04 bracket (Im not affiliated with any of these teams): https://2021mancitycup.surfcupsports.com/events/schedules/28?team-id=487

Not so much worried about conflicts. More worried about a kid who played in a CIF playoff game on Friday and then plays at 4 games between Saturday and Sunday, with a possible final on Monday. Thankfully, for the older age groups- the games are 35 minutes per half.
Example from the 04 bracket (Im not affiliated with any of these teams): https://2021mancitycup.surfcupsports.com/events/schedules/28?team-id=487
It's not if, it's when for injuries. My little one is still out with a sprain tim buck. Any player still standing and playing for CIF championship will need to take the summer off to rest and come back for 2021/2022 season. Too much soccer is not good, MOO!

It's not if, it's when for injuries. My little one is still out with a sprain tim buck. Any player still standing and playing for CIF championship will need to take the summer off to rest and come back for 2021/2022 season. Too much soccer is not good, MOO!
Ouch, hope she's healing up.

Definitely so much going on right now at once. These "little" adults have their work cut out for them; Prom / Graduation / AP Exams / Club Sports / HS Sports / CIF / College Prep / Etc.

A nice summer "break" is definitely in order!

Ouch, hope she's healing up.

Definitely so much going on right now at once. These "little" adults have their work cut out for them; Prom / Graduation / AP Exams / Club Sports / HS Sports / CIF / College Prep / Etc.

A nice summer "break" is definitely in order!
I say, just more stuff to do. If you play 4 games a week plus practices and privates speed training, no one got time for all the fun stuff. I think their is a healthy way to play sports and do other things that all kids should do. My little one just won a super prestigious internship bro. She also volunteers to help feed and clean up the Sea Lions every week. Have to add ASB next year too so she will be one busy girl and playing soccer 365 24/7 is insane and too much for most kids. So much more too Tech but if I shared all she does, some of the fellas would think I;m bragging about my dd again and then sneer at me at the fields.....lol! Soccer is only for exercise and social fun and almost all done. One more year and then see where things go. Pro soccer after HS bro? You never know......hahahahahahah, bahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I love you man :)

We have family coming in and I need to know how much driving I need to do… Come on… at Over $1000 bucks in entry fees I think they could give better notice… plus all the restrictions for hotels/ filming the event/ gas prices… they could at least let people know the start time of the first game.

Surf cup sports… not a good look.
What are the restrictions on filming, didn't read or hear about any limits?

What are the restrictions on filming, didn't read or hear about any limits?
VIDEO/FILMING: Teams can purchase team or individual packages directly through NextPro. Please contact Jay Pignatello at jay@nextpro.com for more information on the available packages. Per contractual agreements with NextPro, outside video companies are not allowed to use hi-pods to video their own games. Any videotaping must be done from the parent side of the field. Not the team side and parents/teams are not allowed to record from a height of any more than 6ft above ground level.

VIDEO/FILMING: Teams can purchase team or individual packages directly through NextPro. Please contact Jay Pignatello at jay@nextpro.com for more information on the available packages. Per contractual agreements with NextPro, outside video companies are not allowed to use hi-pods to video their own games. Any videotaping must be done from the parent side of the field. Not the team side and parents/teams are not allowed to record from a height of any more than 6ft above ground level.
It’s all about the $$$$

The vast majority of boys schedules are still down .
time changes?
Field changes?
Flight changes?
Technical problem and no changes?

Couldn’t find a hint on their website!
Not very customer friendly!
I have no insight here - But could it have anything to do with the CA rule on multiple games in a day?
I heard that the Cerritos Memorial Tournament found a loophole that if a team isn't playing both games at the same venue, that the rule allows multiple games per day.

Back