Let the Principals & Teachers Decide

1. He violated his own social distancing requirements. 2. He violated his own mask requirements. 3. This is not the first time he’s been caught doing it. 4. Fauci has been awful throughout all this. His personal behavior is just part of that. Though in fairness lots of people both left and right have been awful.

He was a guest at the game to throw out the first pitch, so he could sit pretty much anywhere he wanted to. As for the mask, he has one around his neck and it appears to be down while he is eating or drinking something, undoubtedly provided by his hosts since the concession stands were not open.

Your ongoing campaign against Fauci is just making you look partisan and bitter.

He was a guest at the game to throw out the first pitch, so he could sit pretty much anywhere he wanted to. As for the mask, he has one around his neck and it appears to be down while he is eating or drinking something, undoubtedly provided by his hosts since the concession stands were not open.

Your ongoing campaign against Fauci is just making you look partisan and bitter.

Hard to be partisan when I’ve criticized both Trump and Johnson. I’ll plead guilty to the bitter. This is just a blatant exercise of interest group power at the expense of children so you bet I’m bitter about it particularly given that the new cdc recommendations land hard in favor of school reopening. And you are right...he could chose to sit anywhere. It’s a poor choice. Thank you for pointing that out. Appreciate the assist.

It worked in the Northeastern States like New York and New Jersey. Covid-19 is not eliminated anywhere, but it is now very manageable in the northeast
The lockdown in the NE worked? Wow that is fascinating.

Those 5 states contributed to about HALF of all the deaths in the US. Combined they have a population of 50 million.

The other 45 states with 280 million have the other half of the deaths.

So if AZ locked down and then jumped to as high of a death rate as NY they could then be counted as a success?

If you think that lockdowns worked in the NE...have at it.

By the way when you look at the largest countries in Europe and add up all their deaths (I refer to UK, Spain, Germany, Italy and France...who have about the same population as the US) they have slightly more deaths vs the US.

I know...numbers. Details

But go ahead explain to us again how the lockdowns in the NE produced good results again?

If your argument is that we need a total lockdown except for the most essential services, then I generally agree with you. I don't see any other way around this. A total lockdown of 4-6 weeks worked in other places. It worked in the Northeastern States like New York and New Jersey. Covid-19 is not eliminated anywhere, but it is now very manageable in the northeast and most of Europe.*

I see a problem in identifying which are "essential services," but they were able to navigate a path in New York. We could generally follow its model.

You know, if we do a total lockdown, we will get our kids back to school a lot faster and we will all be a lot safer.

*Note: Sweden is an exception. Sweden did not lock down at all, and is now paying the price.
Sweden’s doing great now. Despite having no restrictions and making the same stupid mistakes as New York the virus has practically disappeared

Spain is in a mini second wave despite all the lockdowns (largely in the Barcelona area which wasn’t hit as hard). France is also in a second wave and it’s prime minister has called the lockdownS a mistake and promised not to do it again. The lancet report also recently showed lockdown have very little effect.

In any given period before covid was a problem, about half the deaths in the US occurred in those 80 and above, so repeating that statistic is meaningless.
No it is not when you are looking at who is dying from the virus.

Because that number tells you precisely who is most affected by the virus.

It also tells you most other age groups really have little issue with the virus.

That is why age related data is important Richard.

If the left wants to keep schools closed this fall and likely the year...why the need for more funding?

"Nevertheless, the Wall Street Journal reports that education special interests are demanding, through their Democrat representatives, nearly half a trillion in additional deficit spending for the fall without requiring schools to operate. Yes, you read that right: Democrats want nearly $430 billion extra to put kids in the equivalent of Khan Academy online math lessons. Did I mention that Khan Academy is free? And that the ask to duplicate it is 600 percent more than annual federal spending on K-12?"

Hard to be partisan when I’ve criticized both Trump and Johnson. I’ll plead guilty to the bitter. This is just a blatant exercise of interest group power at the expense of children so you bet I’m bitter about it particularly given that the new cdc recommendations land hard in favor of school reopening. And you are right...he could chose to sit anywhere. It’s a poor choice. Thank you for pointing that out. Appreciate the assist.

Please continue.

I think “melting pot” is an exaggeration. I think “salad bowl” is more appropriate because every ethnicity is present but they aren’t interacting with each other much; this is also present at the universities where the students self segregate.

We need to figure out how to integrate kids better.
This is where I am - salad bowl. We have a diverse population, some diversity among races in each class, but little diversity by class.

No it is not when you are looking at who is dying from the virus.

Because that number tells you precisely who is most affected by the virus.

It also tells you most other age groups really have little issue with the virus.

That is why age related data is important Richard.

Are you making an argument that old people are just going to die soon anyway so we should just back off from all restrictions?

Concerning Online Education: Even if Covid-19 did not exist, we need more online education and less "in-school" education. And we need to focus on the most important elements of education. We should not be paying so kids can play school sports, or participate in band. Public education should have a very heavy emphasis on math, science, literature and writing. There should be a much lesser component on the humanities. 80% of all schooling can be done online.

We don't need high schools to take up 50 acres of land. We don't need football fields, or gymnasiums. Kids should attend the campus no more than twice per week, and do everything else online.

We have turned our schools into daycare centers, and people seem to think that schools are there to develop the "whole child." Its wrong. Schools are asked to do too much.
Are you serious? What % of kids can;t read or write in America? This sounds more like Charter schools to be honest.

Sweden’s doing great now. Despite having no restrictions and making the same stupid mistakes as New York the virus has practically disappeared

Spain is in a mini second wave despite all the lockdowns (largely in the Barcelona area which wasn’t hit as hard). France is also in a second wave and it’s prime minister has called the lockdownS a mistake and promised not to do it again. The lancet report also recently showed lockdown have very little effect.

Ps it’s pretty clear from around the world that no government policies have worked. The two exceptions are Chinese/Vietnamese lockdowns with forced testing, mandatory enforced quarantines, forced removal from homes and welding people in. Other exception is some islands that caught it early and shut themselves off from the world. We are at the point where the only 2 choices are live with it with some reasonable social distancing and measures, or lockdown until a vaccine. If lockdown forever don’t ask a poor plumber or aircon guy or mover into your house.

Are you making an argument that old people are just going to die soon anyway so we should just back off from all restrictions?
No, what he is saying I have said 10 times is that some folks go over to say hi to grandpa when they should have never said hi in person. They share these corona death storeis like 80 year is sitting at his house and the wind brought in the virus from the open window. No, some parents or kids make bad decision and bring the death virus to gramps. Only zoom or phone with us. Follow the rules and death will come down. Mask is important when being inside 6 ft. Fauci could have sat two seats away and wear no mask but they chose to sit next to each other. Media stunt? The other type of 83 year old is one who lives alone and gets a stroke. In the hospital he catches Corona. Triple pay?

Last edited:
I am making the argument that the rest of us can go on.

Old people are the ones who should be self quarantined.

Have them stay home and away from the general population and right there you have a good chance of cutting deaths in HALF.

Sweden compared to its neighbors, all of whom had strict social controls starting early in the pandemic --

If your argument is that we need a total lockdown except for the most essential services, then I generally agree with you. I don't see any other way around this. A total lockdown of 4-6 weeks worked in other places. It worked in the Northeastern States like New York and New Jersey. Covid-19 is not eliminated anywhere, but it is now very manageable in the northeast and most of Europe.*
A big reason it is manageable in the Northeast is due to the early failure to contain the virus so that a significant proportion have immunity and killing off a large number of those annoyingly high risk patients in nursing homes.

Sweden is not doing great. It now has the third highest Covid-19 death rate at 561 per million of population, just behind Italy and Spain. That is significantly higher than the US, which has a death rate of 442 per million.

In terms of infections, Sweden is at 7,770 per million, which is the highest in Europe. Spain is second with 6,729 per million. I do agree that Sweden is doing better today than it was last month or the month before.

Maybe she thinks no one is going to look it up. Or maybe she has access to data sources no one else has.

Ps it’s pretty clear from around the world that no government policies have worked. The two exceptions are Chinese/Vietnamese lockdowns with forced testing, mandatory enforced quarantines, forced removal from homes and welding people in. Other exception is some islands that caught it early and shut themselves off from the world. We are at the point where the only 2 choices are live with it with some reasonable social distancing and measures, or lockdown until a vaccine. If lockdown forever don’t ask a poor plumber or aircon guy or mover into your house.
I can say that the big plumbing companies are struggling big time. I helped a guy up in LA who has over 30 trucks. Copa said they paid $225 for 30 minutes of work. If it's just Joe the Plumber, he a made a few bucks depending on how Copa found Joe. Google and Yelp is not cheap to advertise. Plus truck, GL, Workers Comp and all the requirements to be a real plumber in Cali, not much meat on the bones at $225. If Copa called a big company like the guy I know IN LA, then the owner lost money on that deal with Copa but did get a new customer and that has value for repeat biz. Just to get to someone's door can have a "True Cost" ((TC)) to the door is insane. The TC in OC is well over $300 to see green :)

Back