LAFC & Slammers FC Status

I think everyone is making to much of an issue of this. I really think of the LAFC thing fizzles, Slammers will have two teams still. Just call one Maroon and one White. Look at Eclipse Illinois and Michigan Hawks.

I do agree on CDA comments above. As far as business practices.

not affiliated with any Slammers clubs. But slammers Newport business plan is to put kids in college. And they do a great job at it.

I think everyone is making to much of an issue of this. I really think of the LAFC thing fizzles, Slammers will have two teams still. Just call one Maroon and one White. Look at Eclipse Illinois and Michigan Hawks.

...and PDA (White and Blue).

Separate entities on paper yes but it is not coincidental that every single LAFC ECNL - RL team is coached by a CDA Slammer coach and every Slammers ECNL - RL is coached by either a Newport or South Slammers coach....so ask yourself who has the most to lose once LAFC ends the relationship???

You’re acting as if LAFC made SLAMMERS or CDA what they are. Both were very successful and growing clubs before the LAFC partnership ever happened. Hence the reason LAFC opted to partner with them in the first place.

You’re acting as if LAFC made SLAMMERS or CDA what they are. Both were very successful and growing clubs before the LAFC partnership ever happened. Hence the reason LAFC opted to partner with them in the first place.

No, I merely stating that CDA has the most to lose. Before having two ecnl teams CDA was proactively discouraging kids from going to ECNL and instead play for the super teams created in Cerritos or the Elite concept in HB. Their success in doing so is subjective.

My real comment was that if CDA took the long view for once instead of their usual shoot first, ask questions later approach they would be focused on becoming ecnl on their own. That may even be the plan but it would be counter to the norm.

CDA is about making money first and everything is a distant second. I'm sure development is somewhere in there but nowhere near the top priority. If making money is the outcome the objectives are winning and marketing. Their formula works for them. But the day the adopt a style of play, create a curriculum, properly promote players or put players' best interest first will be the first day.

Otherwise, they are just the trump university of youth soccer.

What the give away will be is when uniforms come out this year. If they justify rolling out all-black uniforms with a dark maroon number on the back, with no white alternate and swindle Yokohama again then they will feel safe. If here them trumpet going classic with maroon and white then LAFC has a foot out the door.
87043208_2609438232509526_1752859840935362560_n.jpgNext year's kits are maroon and white....no black. No Nike either. Capelli Sport must have cut one big check. Goodbye LAFC + Good Bye Nike= Goodbye second ECNL team?

Anyone know the price point for Capelli? Or what kind of “revenue share” (ie- kickback) they give? Will slammers players spend more or less on uniforms this year?
Rumour has it 200.00 per kit. what those kits include is another story. the biggest complaint I am hearing is the white portion of them. teen and pre-teen girls in white shorts are probably not the smartest choices. maybe it will be just a jersey color change for home and away and the shorts stay maroon.

Albion is switching to Capelli also. Haven't seen what the kits will look like or a price.
Overheard a lot of clubs are going to be going Capelli. problem is these are custom kits so trying to get extra's is going to be an issue at least in a timely manner.coaches are being told to order at least 4-5 extra uniforms and put any number on them for any future players. Rush already uses Capelli and some of the boy's teams could not get orders filled, some were playing with just blue shirts, some had been playing in practice kits, etc. from what I heard. it should be interesting.

I am hearing blues have decided to go DA and with that move does that mean slammers hand will be forced? If all the top teams in socal are in DA except slammers, won't they lose players because the competition won't be good? Want to hear what you guys think.

I am hearing blues have decided to go DA and with that move does that mean slammers hand will be forced? If all the top teams in socal are in DA except slammers, won't they lose players because the competition won't be good? Want to hear what you guys think.
Blues always were going to have to pick one or another and I think it's about time push is coming to shove. I believe some things will come down soon with new rules for the DA that might make choosing the DA easy for da blues.

Blues is already in DA (and ECNL).
I think @Soccer said it best in his earlier post #41. When push comes to shove, do you take one DA team or two ECNL teams? If I were running the business, I would absolutely take two ECNL teams for each age group.

Are just the top teams playing DA and the rest ECNL or did they have to drop ECNL all together?

Back