LAFC & Slammers FC Status

FACTS.

But don't expect them to find your kid. You (and/or your kid's coach) need to hustle and get your kid the right exposure. May have to work harder if outside DA/ECNL, but it can, and does happen.

if my kid doesn’t tell a coach they will be at a academy showcase and also send the schedule. Why would the coach randomly go to that field?

1% are randomly seen and chased

DA ECNL SCDSL CSL ... if you kid doesn’t grind in the process they will not be recruited.

DA ECNL- still need to create a highlight video, still need to contact coaches, still need to build a relationship with the staff, still need to send emails updating staff. Still a “hustle”

college coaches will go wherever to see a kid play they are interested in. High school game, Toyota classic super cup of orange, scrimmage... they don’t care.

but I do agree, might have to hustle to ID camps, get to some bigger showcases, pay for video etc.

Many college coaches coach club on the side and they are constantly trying to educate people on what the landscape really is to parents in their sphere

so they are laughing when “elite” clubs say you must play here because of the “gaming circuit”

there is not one girls DA/ECNL coach in south OC who is currently coaching college. Please correct me if I’m wrong. I will own it.

Cheyne Gordon is listed on the staff at Concordia and also coaches...at LAFC Slammers.

From what blues parents tell me, ECNL does not like that blues has both and might just kick them out if they don't leave first. The relationship has soured because of ECNL's favoritism toward slammers. For instance, last year blues wins 3 national championships and PDA wins 3 national championships but Slammers wins club of the year.
I thought Blues were allowed to keep both because they won an ECNL National Championship or is that just an unfounded rumor? Why would Blues voluntarily give up ECNL (or DA) if they don't have to do so?

Can anyone confirm if LAFC has plans to create their own girls DA? Also, I’m hearing conflicting reports on the jerseys, but if they are no longer lafc does that mean they lose second ecnl team?

Can anyone confirm if LAFC has plans to create their own girls DA? Also, I’m hearing conflicting reports on the jerseys, but if they are no longer lafc does that mean they lose second ecnl team?

I can 100 % confirm Slammers will keep two ECNL teams per age group......no information on lafc da

Why end the relationship? Since LAFC have no interest in having their own girls program, this seems like a pretty low maintenance way to invest in women's soccer.

Slammers certainly have not diluted the LAFC brand like the LA Galaxy's affiliates have.
Don’t know..I have no inside information other than what is stated in this thread.

Back