LAFC & Slammers FC Status

Pure speculation, or based on some credible information? Please explain
I like how you frame your questions. "Pure" would mean only my hunch? Wild guess on my part? My gut? Or me taking all the information from Doc talks I've had and coming up with calculated guess?

I don't know that I'd trust any information from a DOC on what US Soccer is planning.
I'm sure until Monday, the DOC at OC Surf was telling anyone that was asking "We have a great relationship with Surf. We are looking forward to the future as we build the best soccer club in Orange County."

Blues always were going to have to pick one or another and I think it's about time push is coming to shove. I believe some things will come down soon with new rules for the DA that might make choosing the DA easy for da blues.
Care to share what new rules you have heard that are coming down the pipe for DA?

I don't know that I'd trust any information from a DOC on what US Soccer is planning.
I'm sure until Monday, the DOC at OC Surf was telling anyone that was asking "We have a great relationship with Surf. We are looking forward to the future as we build the best soccer club in Orange County."
I have a good Doc source timbuck. What is about to go down in socal soccer will make club switching the norm :(

I like how you frame your questions. "Pure" would mean only my hunch? Wild guess on my part? My gut? Or me taking all the information from Doc talks I've had and coming up with calculated guess?

I like how you respond to my questions. ;) So let's your hear your calculated guess since you've teased us

Look at all the "army troops" moving into OC and LA with their Generals. Some Generals are defecting and drawing up war plans to attack each other. Some Generals are leaving to become multiple Generals to win the war for the market. The kids are stuck in the middle. Tough decisions need to be made. That is why you hear nothing because the timing is not right. Like many posters who have posted, timing is everything in this biz and fear of the unknown is the weapon of choice. I know excellent soccer coaches who put kids first. I know awesome parents who have played by the rules. I know 99% of these kids also have given their time and energy to become a gr8t soccer player, regardless of level of play. We should all demand answers, like now. Ask your Doc, "What's up Doc?" "Whats going on........for next season." It doesn;t mater what level or league you play in. We all want to play and we need some information to make for next season. Let's get it and put it out here. Rumors & Lies, no more!!!

Blues is already in DA (and ECNL).

I think @Soccer said it best in his earlier post #41. When push comes to shove, do you take one DA team or two ECNL teams? If I were running the business, I would absolutely take two ECNL teams for each age group.

From what blues parents tell me, ECNL does not like that blues has both and might just kick them out if they don't leave first. The relationship has soured because of ECNL's favoritism toward slammers. For instance, last year blues wins 3 national championships and PDA wins 3 national championships but Slammers wins club of the year.

From what blues parents tell me, ECNL does not like that blues has both and might just kick them out if they don't leave first. The relationship has soured because of ECNL's favoritism toward slammers. For instance, last year blues wins 3 national championships and PDA wins 3 national championships but Slammers wins club of the year.
No one likes the blues because their #1 and have both DA and ECNL. Poor club, they can;t do anything right except recruit the best players they think we help them win and win they do :)

Do we really see consequences for club hopping? I don't but I'm curious if anyone here has ever seen a kid get blackballed or less consideration from a college. Do college coaches know, ask or care?

Do we really see consequences for club hopping? I don't but I'm curious if anyone here has ever seen a kid get blackballed or less consideration from a college. Do college coaches know, ask or care?
College coaches don’t care.
College coaches also don’t care if you play DA or ECNL.

if you kid is good enough, there is a spot for them.

College coaches, behind closed doors, laugh at all the misinformation spread by “elite” club coaches.

if you’re good enough they don’t care where you played.

College coaches, behind closed doors, laugh at all the misinformation spread by “elite” club coaches.

The problem bro is many coaches go back and forth from club to college back to club. The one's laughing need to see that this is not a laughing matter and actual;ly very sad. That is why the rule change.

The problem bro is many coaches go back and forth from club to college back to club. The one's laughing need to see that this is not a laughing matter and actual;ly very sad. That is why the rule change.
Many college coaches coach club on the side and they are constantly trying to educate people on what the landscape really is to parents in their sphere

so they are laughing when “elite” clubs say you must play here because of the “gaming circuit”

there is not one girls DA/ECNL coach in south OC who is currently coaching college. Please correct me if I’m wrong. I will own it.

Recent quote from former USWNT Lori Lindsey says the same. This makes sense right? Don't fall for the BS or FOMO:

When asked about the ideal pathway for elite players looking to secure a spot in the U.S. Youth National Team program, Lindsey stated that the top priority for players should be to focus on their own improvement and love of the game, rather than what club or league they are playing in:

“I think the players are better, I think the opportunities are more and more. The thing we have to be careful of though is, saying: ‘This is the direction that is best for players who want to play on the national team.’ There’s so many players that develop early, and there’s players that develop late. There’s players that aren’t sure if they want to go this direction and there’s players whose families can’t afford to have them play.

I’m not not trying to say that we don’t have a wide range of scouts, or that we’re missing this huge selection of players that are going unidentified. I don’t think that’s the case. But I think that to say – ‘If you want to play on the national team, go the Development Academy route’, or ‘If you want to be the best, go to the ECNL’ – there are so many different directions, but really what it comes down to is the individual player development in the way that feels best for them, enjoying the game, which the most important thing, and loving the game.

Then things will take care of themselves, and you can be an advocate for yourself. I don’t think we need to spend zillions of dollars with personal trainers and skill coaches and then going to pay even more money for the Development Academy, and running all around. It should be a pretty simplified process of enjoying the game, finding the best place that’s going to be the most competitive for your child, and then things will be taken care of from there.

FACTS.

But don't expect them to find your kid. You (and/or your kid's coach) need to hustle and get your kid the right exposure. May have to work harder if outside DA/ECNL, but it can, and does happen.

FACTS.

But don't expect them to find your kid. You (and/or your kid's coach) need to hustle and get your kid the right exposure. May have to work harder if outside DA/ECNL, but it can, and does happen.

Great point! Don't let the outlier make you think it is the rule.

FACTS.

I get that... but I've seen girls make PDP, ODP and id2 and they aren't even the best players on their own team... and 75% of those parents would agree with me on that. Furthermore, it seems certain clubs have more "pull" getting their players that kind of exposure. I've been around the game for multiple decades and know much of it is subjective... but from where I sit there's so much preferential treatment given to players from high profile clubs. I'm pleased when a Hailie Mace breaks through that barrier but they seem few and far between.

Back