LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

I'm trying to imagine my reaction as a parent if my kid was on Galaxy OC this past year and the coach tries telling me that my cost is going to be $4,100 lmao. Other than literally laughing in their face and telling them on the spot that we will look elsewhere, I'm sure things will go smoothly :rolleyes:. I predict this will not go well for OC Liverpool and all the "talent" will go to different clubs.

exactly....its one thing if you're Slammers or Blue with multiple national championships and ECNL or DA....but galaxy oc....almost seems like this is joke.....

The fees in the range of a $3,000 + are for the older kids or is this across the board for boys in 2012 age group?
I had my son in LA Galaxy OC “Elite” last year and it was a waste of $550.

Fee increase update: Last year it was $3K for Galaxy. My friends boy is looking at Coach Wallace team. $4100 is about right he said.
The benefits: Two practices a week, one "extra day" of strength & conditioning or classroom/Futsal, 30 scrimmages, 4 or 5 tournaments. He is very happy with the change and he said, "it's night & day" better deal than Galaxy.
when we played at galaxy for $3100 we had all the above with the exception of the scrimmages. Thats a lot of money for nothing new that they are adding....and many of our practices were at st jeans which was a @$^@$#^W$%^ to get to.

My understanding is that for at least the past year, that many of their teams had 2 practices per week and then Coerver training and/or futsal included as a 3rd or 4th day.
And scrimmages- Are these with full referee crews? Scrimmages are cheap if you already have the field space.

My understanding is that for at least the past year, that many of their teams had 2 practices per week and then Coerver training and/or futsal included as a 3rd or 4th day.
And scrimmages- Are these with full referee crews? Scrimmages are cheap if you already have the field space.
The only way you get the field space is to pay for it.....

The only way you get the field space is to pay for it.....
Yes. But some fields are cheaper than others. Or are permitted for the year/season whether you use them or not. Irvine has lots of community fields that likely have a very low rate for groups that can prove residency.

I'm trying to imagine my reaction as a parent if my kid was on Galaxy OC this past year and the coach tries telling me that my cost is going to be $4,100 lmao. Other than literally laughing in their face and telling them on the spot that we will look elsewhere, I'm sure things will go smoothly :rolleyes:. I predict this will not go well for OC Liverpool and all the "talent" will go to different clubs.
Ecnl is like, what, $3K? $2800? College scouts and showcases. I'm shocked Liverpool is so high. However, the boys love EPL. It's like the NBA. MLS is kind of like Euro basketball.

i was there for my b2011, a good handful of parents walked out even us. When they made the announcement, not a lot parents were happy you heard the kids mostly the older ones cheer. A good hand full walked out included us.
My 8yr didn’t cheer which was good since am I Man U fan lol. On the serious note We won’t be coming back next year for sure there has been no development from my point of view from this age group. I seen other b2011 teams grow more in that aspect.
Apparently OC La galaxy didn’t like my comments On this board and what I had to say about their development for my son age group. So they decide to end my son season short which half me was like really and the other half was like well F-U we know how your season will end and what type player your loosing not my loss. The same thing was said to the coach if the team doesn’t get better my son won’t play tournament or games. You have the team play butter up tournaments to what ??? Win vs flight 2/3 teams. Sad because my son really cared about the team. It’s funny how after my son left the team end up loosing the last 4/5games ‍♂️. And how the team gets slaughter 10-0 . At the end of the day instead of coming to me asking what could be done better you guys punish the kid , am glad most the kids won’t be staying in the team because it opened the parents eyes.

Are all LAGOC teams moving under the Liverpool umbrella? I have a friend who's kid plays for a LAGOC team and he told me they were going to FC Premier.

Apparently OC La galaxy didn’t like my comments On this board and what I had to say about their development for my son age group. So they decide to end my son season short which half me was like really and the other half was like well F-U we know how your season will end and what type player your loosing not my loss. The same thing was said to the coach if the team doesn’t get better my son won’t play tournament or games. You have the team play butter up tournaments to what ??? Win vs flight 2/3 teams. Sad because my son really cared about the team. It’s funny how after my son left the team end up loosing the last 4/5games ‍♂. And how the team gets slaughter 10-0 . At the end of the day instead of coming to me asking what could be done better you guys punish the kid , am glad most the kids won’t be staying in the team because it opened the parents eyes.

Wait, they flat out kicked your son out because of what you said in here?

Wait, they flat out kicked your son out because of what you said in here?
Yes. Flat out my son still had what 6 more games to play tournament n state cup. But hey not my loss am glad I see where they stand as a club. My son has talent that other coaches want to have him in he’s team have him grow as player.

Yes. Flat out my son still had what 6 more games to play tournament n state cup. But hey not my loss am glad I see where they stand as a club. My son has talent that other coaches want to have him in he’s team have him grow as player.
Some on here think it's always the parents fault. Perceptions are a bitch my friend!!!

So, literally, they called you and said "Hey, "javiecua03", we don't like what you said in the forum, so, your son is out, bye."?

It's strange how divisive LAGOC, one big club of many, seems. Despite many mergers, and affiliations changes, this thread won't die

I think it's "interesting" how their brand identity seems to be all over the map.
Seeing facebook posts for "LA Galaxy OC" winter camps, weekend tournament success and tryouts.
Rip off the bandaid and go all "Liverpool"

I think it's "interesting" how their brand identity seems to be all over the map.
Seeing facebook posts for "LA Galaxy OC" winter camps, weekend tournament success and tryouts.
Rip off the bandaid and go all "Liverpool"
I was at The Great Park last weekend and it was OC Galaxy everywhere. I couldn't find a place to park. At least the Greatest Park for Soccer is free!!!!

Back