LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

Think of a 4 letter word that starts with "F"... That is who they were and no play under OC Surf. Just one team though.
Copy that....seem to recall an earlier post about another team that was ending their affiliation with another larger club, think it’s the same group. Just glad they have a home and hope the families are happy.

Copy that....seem to recall an earlier post about another team that was ending their affiliation with another larger club, think it’s the same group. Just glad they have a home and hope the families are happy.
Mission Viejo is breaking off. They were Strikers Mission Viejo 2 years ago. OC Surf MV this past season.
Now they will be Mission Viejo Football Club.

Reactions: wsf
Mission Viejo is breaking off. They were Strikers Mission Viejo 2 years ago. OC Surf MV this past season.
Now they will be Mission Viejo Football Club.

The Rogers Sr and Jr switch up the club name every few years and have been for what seems like forever. Fills a nice little niche in Mission Viejo but their act was tired 10 years ago.

1575609224069.png

Amazing. Well worth the $2,500 club fee and $300 uniform fee. I just hope that they don't decide to merge with a new team next year to create additional development opportunities and "pathways" in a positive coaching environment.

It's actually a kinda cool logo and if they do it right, their uniforms could look pretty sweet. (Cut out the big name brands of Nike, Adidas, Puma, etc, and create your own fully custom kit).

“City FC”. Not sure I consider “Carlsbad and the surrounding areas to be a “City”.

The State of California considers Carlsbad to be a city. I am not a huge fan of the name "City SC - Carlsbad" as it sounds a bit generic to me. "Go local sports team" said Mr. Burns. It does have the advantage however of being used by affiliate/expansion clubs by changing the name of the city, i.e. "City FC - Fargo" or some such. The logo is kind of cool.

The State of California considers Carlsbad to be a city. I am not a huge fan of the name "City SC - Carlsbad" as it sounds a bit generic to me. "Go local sports team" said Mr. Burns. It does have the advantage however of being used by affiliate/expansion clubs by changing the name of the city, i.e. "City FC - Fargo" or some such. The logo is kind of cool.
I'm sure by definition, it is definitely a City. But when I think of a "City" - it's got to have at least a few buildings taller than 5 stories that are located within a few miles of each other.

I'm sure by definition, it is definitely a City. But when I think of a "City" - it's got to have at least a few buildings taller than 5 stories that are located within a few miles of each other.

My two cents...There should be two clubs in CBAD...Suburb FC and Village FC. Just like old times when there was Wave and Lightening. Competition for coaches and field space makes for a better environment for the children and their families...which is what this is all about :)

Bravo! Can’t help but juxtapose this to LAGOC’s selling a “truly authentic Liverpool academy experience”
I was thinking the same exact thing...the brass/coaches can spin this all they want but at the end of the day if parents have to ask "Who is that again" you're in trouble.

My two cents...There should be two clubs in CBAD...Suburb FC and Village FC. Just like old times when there was Wave and Lightening. Competition for coaches and field space makes for a better environment for the children and their families...which is what this is all about :)
There is new field space competition in Carlsbad!!
I’ve heard GPS San Diego has moved in Carlsbad. I wonder who’s running that club?

There is new field space competition in Carlsbad!!
I’ve heard GPS San Diego has moved in Carlsbad. I wonder who’s running that club?

They should team up with Carlsbad AYSO - but I doubt AYSO would go for it. Its really the only way they are going to be able to find field space unless they develop their own facilities.

Back