LA County Revising Sports Guidelines on Tuesday 8/24 - per LA Times

Yes, I stand corrected. 12+ who are vaccinated will not need to go through weekly testing. Unvaccinated will have to do weekly testing. 2008s and youngers will still go through their weekly school testing and that will work.

So I read or heard about a few cases of kids who have been deemed in close contact with individuals who have tested positive while at school.

To get the kids back in school they have to agree to twice weekly testing with the next 72hours or do a full 10 day quarantine.

However for sports these district students are not allowed to have a modified quarantine or return before the 10 period even with a negative test. This is in LA, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties.

Is this fair for Athletics being held to a higher standard? Or overreach?

Its taking several days to get an appointment to get tested. Then another couple of days to get results

Also insurance companies no longer cover routine weekly covid testing for anyone over the age of 12. They now cover exposure or disease diagnostic testing only.

So weekly testing for athletes over 12 will probably need to be self pay.

I don't know how insurance companies know why someone is being tested. Probably if someone put they were not exposed or dont have symptoms then insurance might deny payment.

Soooo..... did we ever get this figured out? Does anyone know what the protocol will be for league?

Vaccinated players will need to do what? unvaccinated players will need to do what?

Our club hasn't said anything so I'm curious.

** Not asking about school protocol, only soccer**

I find it odd that there is nothing stating exactly what to do and expect??? or is there and I just don't know where to look?

I am hoping this won't be a nightmare

Soooo..... did we ever get this figured out? Does anyone know what the protocol will be for league?

Vaccinated players will need to do what? unvaccinated players will need to do what?

I find it odd that there is nothing stating exactly what to do and expect??? or is there and I just don't know where to look?

Like Brazil/Argentina WC qualifier today?

What if,or how it might be enforced remains to be seen but nothing for Vax
  • Outdoor Moderate or High Risk Sports for youth 12 and older, staff, coaches and volunteers. A weekly negative test result is required for all participants 12 and older who are not fully vaccinated, including children who are playing, staff, coaches, and volunteers;weekly school testing fulfills this obligation.

Have to heard a peep from the league or our club regarding testing/verification and we have a game Sunday.

Exactly.

Why. Look at people under 24 and look at the numbers.

Those numbers don't tell you that yes get vaxxed.

Those numbers tell you that they don't need to rush and get a vax. Those numbers tell us all...that they have nothing to worry about.

Why some pretend otherwise is due to emotion or the simple fact that they don't look at the actual numbers. Now granted much of their emotion is based on the hyperventilating you see in the press. Rarely if ever does the press ever give actual numbers for these groups. If they did, people would move on in terms of wondering if and when young people should get vaxxed.

we know a 23 college athlete got dose 2 and is in hospital with myocarditis.

You do realize viral or bacterial infection is a common cause myocarditis as well. There are numerous medications that can cause, in rare instances, myocarditis as well.

Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle which responds to typical medical treatment. Most patients return to physical activity after treatment for an episode of myocarditis

You do realize viral or bacterial infection is a common cause myocarditis as well. There are numerous medications that can cause, in rare instances, myocarditis as well.

Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle which responds to typical medical treatment. Most patients return to physical activity after treatment for an episode of myocarditis
Thats weird because when the virus was causing myocarditis in some children the fear mongers were freaking out. It would seem to me any inflammation of the heart would be no bueno whether caused by the virus or the vaccine.

Thats weird because when the virus was causing myocarditis in some children the fear mongers were freaking out. It would seem to me any inflammation of the heart would be no bueno whether caused by the virus or the vaccine.
It's just rare. Bad when it happens, but even for boys it's around 90-160 cases per million vaccinated kids. Girls was 13-13.5 cases per million.

Myocarditis frequency for the viral infection is higher, but still low. 450 per million.

Working off memory here. Grace posted a good article with the details.

It's just rare. Bad when it happens, but even for boys it's around 90-160 cases per million vaccinated kids. Girls was 13-13.5 cases per million.

Myocarditis frequency for the viral infection is higher, but still low. 450 per million.

Working off memory here. Grace posted a good article with the details.
I sit on our counties immunization coalition. ppl that Vax and have an adverse RXN regret the Vax. Ppl that get sick and didn't Vax wish they had. normal human RXN. it may be rare but for that kid still having significant issues from he is falling into the former.

I sit on our counties immunization coalition. ppl that Vax and have an adverse RXN regret the Vax. Ppl that get sick and didn't Vax wish they had. normal human RXN. it may be rare but for that kid still having significant issues from he is falling into the former.

But people have to weigh risk. There is inherent risk is ANYTHING. There is risk driving, riding in a car, reason we wear seatbelts... to minimize risk. A person has high blood pressure... which eventually will 100% kill you. So you take a medication to lower that risk of death. Taking that medication can also harm you, there is risk. As my old pharmacy school professor preached... "there is no magic bullet that works 100% of the time. all we are doing in the medical profession is trying to lower relative risk".

COVID is not 100% going to cause death, but its definitely high enough that we want to minimize that risk. Same with influenza... it is not 100% lethal but enough where we try to make something to minimize that. And these types of risk minimization benefits you, same as the seat belt or that HBP medication.

Getting an adverse reaction (to anything) and having regret is normal human behaviour. But you have a higher chance of being alive. Isn't that the end goal?

But people have to weigh risk. There is inherent risk is ANYTHING. There is risk driving, riding in a car, reason we wear seatbelts... to minimize risk. A person has high blood pressure... which eventually will 100% kill you. So you take a medication to lower that risk of death. Taking that medication can also harm you, there is risk. As my old pharmacy school professor preached... "there is no magic bullet that works 100% of the time. all we are doing in the medical profession is trying to lower relative risk".

COVID is not 100% going to cause death, but its definitely high enough that we want to minimize that risk. Same with influenza... it is not 100% lethal but enough where we try to make something to minimize that. And these types of risk minimization benefits you, same as the seat belt or that HBP medication.

Getting an adverse reaction (to anything) and having regret is normal human behaviour. But you have a higher chance of being alive. Isn't that the end goal?
Fair. So what's the risk of a child being hospitalized for Covid in Socal?

Back