Is Surf Cup happening?

No Surf Cup for CO.
NCAA extended dead period through Aug

Dang yeah Man City cup looking like the better call without college (d1 & 2?) leaving Surf for the youngers I guess.

Those college id camps? Those ones that are specifically run by a college, those have to wait past August now as well?

San Diego county board asks the governor for "return to safe play" as of July 1.

If approved the tournaments will be a go if not who knows? No idea what the odds are since this is basically expedited phase what 4? Disneyland couldn't get in done for July so wonder?

San Diego county board asks the governor for "return to safe play" as of July 1.

If approved the tournaments will be a go if not who knows? No idea what the odds are since this is basically expedited phase what 4? Disneyland couldn't get in done for July so wonder?
Disney is a Labor Union issue.

Oh thought I read that the state didn't approve there plans in time, dont recall mention of labor problems but was just a quick glance on the article.

Was on the news this morning, maybe it’s both but they were interviewing the head of their labor union and she was discussing how they didn’t feel it was safe.

Was on the news this morning, maybe it’s both but they were interviewing the head of their labor union and she was discussing how they didn’t feel it was safe.
The union is absolutely right it would be unsafe.

Thousands of people gathering together every day, half with masks and half without.
2/3 of whom think that they can’t disappoint their child by skipping Disneyland when all they have is a cold.

I wouldn’t want to work the ticket booth for that, either.

Let me guess...the board vote was 4-1? The governor still hasn't approved SD County's original request from weeks ago for youth sports practice to resume. As you know, SD is operating practices under the Day Camp allowance. I hope he approves it, I'm just not holding my breath. And once again, thank you SD County Supervisors (-1) for being proactive.

Let me guess...the board vote was 4-1? The governor still hasn't approved SD County's original request from weeks ago for youth sports practice to resume. As you know, SD is operating practices under the Day Camp allowance. I hope he approves it, I'm just not holding my breath. And once again, thank you SD County Supervisors (-1) for being proactive.

I hope that doesn't work against us with the camp deal,this week he talked about jumping the gun, compliance and didn't seem like a happy camper, mentioned of his very young kids, soccer cousins, etc.

Dang yeah Man City cup looking like the better call without college (d1 & 2?) leaving Surf for the youngers I guess.

Those college id camps? Those ones that are specifically run by a college, those have to wait past August now as well?

2020 SURF CUP OLDERS TOURNAMENT UPDATE

The cornerstone of our Surf Cup Olders tournament has always been providing the nation’s best connection between college coaches and the top college recruits. Given the NCAA announcement yesterday to extend the recruiting dark period through August, we feel it is best to pause and give ourselves a few days to think through our path forward.

Surf Cup will happen in 2020, but we’re going to take a few days to talk to our most important customers – college coaches and college recruits – to understand how to best serve their needs in 2020. We will communicate our go-forward plan no later than Tuesday at noon PST.

This decision does not impact Surf Cup Younger Tournament events on August 15 – 16 and August 22 – 23, they will still be played on those dates.

Thank you,
Surf Cup

Thanksgiving college cup?

Aren't college coaches awfully busy the first week of August? Well, maybe not THIS year, but either way... seems they'd either be busy with workouts or not interested in getting on a plane to San Diego.

The Year 2021 and beyond in college soccer will exclusively feature College Club Soccer. Show up the 1st week of school. Tryout. Make the team. Pay to play on the club team. (Probably cheaper than a sorority).

I have zero basis for this and completely made it up. But wouldn't be shocked if this happens with a LOT of college sports (not named football or basketball)

Back