Is Surf Cup Happening For Older's This Year????

I am seeing more soccer camps opening up in August but major tournaments cannot happen until we get state guidance. Surf Cup should really just move all of it to December-Jan and not continue to provide false dates in Aug/Sept.
Given the difficulty in making tournaments safe, I wonder whether clubs are better off just arranging scrimmages, to be played once the state/county gives the OK for tiny things.

I think Surf Cup should be Everyone in SW Opening Day for Leagues. ECNL ((Best of the Best Bracket or Super Black)) ECRL & GA ((Best of the Rest or Super White). Drew Brees can throw out the first Throw In :) this is all in fun everyone. I hope the kids can play ball before New Years. That's my new hope I have in my heart.

I think Surf Cup should be Everyone in SW Opening Day for Leagues. ECNL ((Best of the Best Bracket or Super Black)) ECRL & GA ((Best of the Rest or Super White). Drew Brees can throw out the first Throw In :) this is all in fun everyone. I hope the kids can play ball before New Years. That's my new hope I have in my heart.
Give up and move on to something else. These tournaments aren't happening now. This is getting ridiculous.

Give up and move on to something else. These tournaments aren't happening now. This is getting ridiculous.
I will never give up talking about surf cup soccer. The next big tournament on the docket is September 25-27. I'm half full and I told my dd I will fight to the death to get her one more game before the New Year. Sorry , never gonna give it up brah.....lol.

Love that Surf Cup is adding the 2007 & 2008 birth years to the Thanksgiving College Cup. You know... just in case any of you need your 11 and 12-year olds to get in front of recruiters.

... and don't forget the College Cup Juniors in December (2009-2013)... for those parents of a 6-year old narrowing down their D1, D2 and NAIA choices.

Love that Surf Cup is adding the 2007 & 2008 birth years to the Thanksgiving College Cup. You know... just in case any of you need your 11 and 12-year olds to get in front of recruiters.

... and don't forget the College Cup Juniors in December (2009-2013)... for those parents of a 6-year old narrowing down their D1, D2 and NAIA choices.
You bring up a good point. Don't discount the NAIA schools. :D

No more Posers!!!!

Surf Cup is happening and Ganas will be the drink. Only the best of the best this year folks and those who are willing to take a risk. No more posers....lol.....hahahahaha......lalalalalla.....hahahahahha....................bahhhhhahhhhhhhaaabaaaaaaaa!!!!

What is a simple definition of risk?
In simple terms, risk is the possibility of something bad happening. Risk involves uncertainty about the effects/implications of an activity with respect to something that humans value (such as health, well-being, wealth, property or the environment), often focusing on negative, undesirable consequences.

No tournaments yet. Hope the next month opens that up

Yup that's all she wrote. Considering it took them this long to put it out (this has been over a month in the making remember) I can't imagine they allow tournaments or the season any time soon. At least SoCal teams can start distance practice again, but without a time table perhaps more people will ask what's the point. The fact they didn't put a time table in (like the original CalSouth guideliens), and they didn't distinguish between counties with low outbreaks and those with high, is a further indication they don't intend for this to change any time soon. This applies equally to low outbreak counties in the north, counties with rising counts like in NorCal, and counties with falling cases like some in the south, whether or not those counties meet any set of metrics or are on the watch list.

The funiest line is they aren't allowing adult amateur teams. But if you go to any park in the Val on the weekend, the adults are the biggest violators of that rule playing soccer, football, baseball and basketball regularly in groups.

p.s. the other weird situation is that private schools can now start up sports conditioning. But they can't be on campus to learn yet ^\_ :rolleyes: _/^

Yup that's all she wrote. Considering it took them this long to put it out (this has been over a month in the making remember) I can't imagine they allow tournaments or the season any time soon. At least SoCal teams can start distance practice again, but without a time table perhaps more people will ask what's the point. The fact they didn't put a time table in (like the original CalSouth guideliens), and they didn't distinguish between counties with low outbreaks and those with high, is a further indication they don't intend for this to change any time soon. This applies equally to low outbreak counties in the north, counties with rising counts like in NorCal, and counties with falling cases like some in the south, whether or not those counties meet any set of metrics or are on the watch list.

The funiest line is they aren't allowing adult amateur teams. But if you go to any park in the Val on the weekend, the adults are the biggest violators of that rule playing soccer, football, baseball and basketball regularly in groups.

p.s. the other weird situation is that private schools can now start up sports conditioning. But they can't be on campus to learn yet ^\_ :rolleyes: _/^
Start training and travel to other states to play tournaments. Utah and Arizona I believe are way ahead of CA

Back