Is Surf Cup Happening For Older's This Year????

Put it over Christmas break and we might actually sign up.

Right now, it makes no sense. The date is going to keep getting moved, but we don’t know when. So signing up for Surf means keeping weekends free in October and November, just on the off chance that it might end up being Surf Cup.
Before or after Christmas?

It’s still subject to county and city approval too but it should help. The main issue is adult sports are still banned until further guidance. And if you see parks around la on the weekend adults are the biggest offenders for pickup games: full contact football basketball baseball soccer. If they don’t control adult use they’ll get shut down again pretty quickly
I see the same thing in where I am in NorCal - no youth teams allowed to train without social distancing, but adults playing full field lacrosse games.

I heard a rumor Surf Cup is on for September 25-27th. Hey Eagle dude, you want to try your luck again and do double or nothing? @Desert Hound, I told my dd about our wager and she told me she will do her best to make me a winner. She did her one one privates this morning at 7:30am. This is after her 6 x 6 social training last night. She worked hard on her shooting with me in as GK. I was really good and used to stop her at will and today was the day where I quit and said, "no mas." My wrist and hands and back are in pain. I was diving all over the place and she made them all I think. My son beat me in hoops the other day so I'm washed up for sure.

I am sorry to hear she is going to let you down ;)
When it comes to soccer, she has always come through for her old man in the big games. We were both caught napping and looking ahead to vacation. AZ team rose to the occasion and spanked us. I watched the game again and dd tried that game but things happens. She had some chances and missed. Plus, the CM on that team was the real deal and she was MVP for that game. We had a playoff spot until we lost that game too so it's a lesson learned for me and my goat. As the Shepard of my goat, I didn;t take the AZ team serious and that's on me 100%. I will have to pay her to play harder. Gift card to Rip Curl for a victory. In fact, my ego has had zero competition lately so I will absolutely do this so I can win the double double LI. I have not watched any sports online. I see some highlights from MLB and NBA but it sucks.

Your source is wrong.
Give it up then. October surprise? Next year? Any thing to help me put it to rest the better. The girls that like to play in big games, like big game James, are biting at the bit if you know what I mean. My dd just wants to play in a game this fall or pack it up like the Pac 12 just did. The teasing is horrible. Were prepared to not play this fall and will be super bummed out like the QB at Ohio St. This sucks big apples!!!!

Give it up then.

"Oh shit, we're going to have to refund all these teams..."

"Oh shit, we're going to have to refund all these teams..."
?? I'm confused.

?? I'm confused.

I mean come on, the writing is on the wall. Teams are cancelling. At some point the number of teams will dip below the breakeven point to put on the tournament. Guessing that will happen a little bit closer to the date. The moment this tournament doesn't make money, you'll get the cancellation email.

Jesus...... are we still debating if this tournament is gonna happen????????????
How about we just wait and see what happens and be pleasantly surprised if it's somehow played.

I heard that rumor about surf cup still happening several times lol. I’ve said it before it’s the biggest hustle going in club soccer. Promote a tournament knowing it’s not going to happen and give refunds given minus 10%. Using the number for the team my daughter was going to guest play for we had a roster of 16 players/$98 per player=$1,568. Let’s call it at $1200 per team at 100 teams total=120k minus the 10% nets a profit of 12k for promoting a tournament and changing dates around to keep them on the hook lol

This is my dd last year you guys and this was the Grand Daddy of them all. I now understand what you guys are trying to say. I get it now. Ding ding ding to my brain and just like a cup of Joe in da morning, I understand. I'm awake now :) I still want it to happen to just get some ball in before ECNL Fall Season starts up sometime in da Fall or is that just wishful rumor thinking as well?

From NCAA I

Recruiting dead period

Members also extended the temporary recruiting dead period for all sports through Sept. 30, 2020.

The dead period has been in place since March and is a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Council took feedback from coaching associations in making its decision, and most coaching groups recommended the extension through at least Sept. 30. The full Council will consider the dead period again in September.

No in-person recruiting or evaluations can occur in the dead period.

From NCAA I

Recruiting dead period

Members also extended the temporary recruiting dead period for all sports through Sept. 30, 2020.

The dead period has been in place since March and is a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Council took feedback from coaching associations in making its decision, and most coaching groups recommended the extension through at least Sept. 30. The full Council will consider the dead period again in September.

Well, let's shoot for October Surf Cup Surprise? Eagle, let's shoot for triple or nothing bro? I guess I owe you $200 now.

From NCAA I

Recruiting dead period

Yeah that was almost inevitable like I had mentioned several times and was surprised surf went with Sept vs Oct. The curse seems like it might continue for the 10x time for the olders involving anything called surf.

One of these days when there is something played called surf college xy or z youth soccer will be really back I suppose

Well, let's shoot for October Surf Cup Surprise? Eagle, let's shoot for triple or nothing bro? I guess I owe you $200 now.
How about some good news for you.....I think it will happen on Christmas break. Now that HS season in Spring, they have plenty of dates to move to in December and January. They will not scrap College Showcase on Thanksgiving and will try to have it as is.

Back