Is Surf Cup Happening For Older's This Year????

Strikers strike again. Waiting and willing but will follow all the rules. It's how we roll. I appreciate rule followers but I also understand in these times of ours, that some rules are made to be broken and i love that some are taking others on so their dd can play the great game. I dont want the spies coming out to our private fields taking pictures of my cup of Joe. Dang, some people dont want kids to play a little soccer.

Assuming this is legit (got it from dos waterpolo coach but can’t find it online) absolutely not. It took them weeks to do this and they aren’t going to revise it before issuing the advice by which elementary schools can get waivers to reopen because it would be suicide for them to say contact sports ok but elementary schools not. It’s looking like distanced only until 2021 or underground soccer

Attachments

• 26198E18-5848-41EF-9F12-B423BB6C532B.jpeg
    26198E18-5848-41EF-9F12-B423BB6C532B.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 175
Assuming this is legit (got it from dos waterpolo coach but can’t find it online) absolutely not. It took them weeks to do this and they aren’t going to revise it before issuing the advice by which elementary schools can get waivers to reopen because it would be suicide for them to say contact sports ok but elementary schools not. It’s looking like distanced only until 2021 or underground soccer
Govener was going to release guidence Friday. Is this it?

Found out it's apparently a draft that's been leaked. There still may be revisions coming. They had gone live but then someone pulled them down.

So do you think that leaked memo will shut practices down? In NorCal we are practicing, (albeit distanced and in a square.)

So do you think that leaked memo will shut practices down? In NorCal we are practicing, (albeit distanced and in a square.)

I don't know....my source said was "pulled for language". I hope the final document will have a tier scale that lets you open up as cases go down. But realistically, if that's anything close to the final document it means we are stuck at distanced practices (though SoCal might get to open back up), no tournaments and no games. I did ask him about the no tournaments thing....he said that's "locked in iron". He told me some other stuff about NorCal, but that might drift into politics and is rampant speculation so I'll avoid itl.

Big news and i mean serious big news is coming everyone. I promised not to tell and just like Grace, we need to stay on track and I surely dont want to derail my train thread i started.

I don't know....my source said was "pulled for language". I hope the final document will have a tier scale that lets you open up as cases go down. But realistically, if that's anything close to the final document it means we are stuck at distanced practices (though SoCal might get to open back up), no tournaments and no games. I did ask him about the no tournaments thing....he said that's "locked in iron". He told me some other stuff about NorCal, but that might drift into politics and is rampant speculation so I'll avoid itl.
Any chance of league play? (Norcal here)

Another friend sent me this link from Los Angeles County education. Basically so long as the public schools closed, not even distanced practices on La County public school fields. There's some interesting tidbits re waivers and immunizations but to avoid politics I'll just pass it on without further comment but see for yourselves if interested.

Out of state tournments may be it but with out proper practices with contact, Cali teams will all be at a disadvantage.

Only hope is for a revision.....

There is golf, tennis, surfing, skateboarding, swimming, boogie boarding, roller skating, bike riding, long distance running or hiking and so much more you can do while social distancing. Don’t wait around for soccer(but please continue to work on your game and cardio individually) . Whether there is a season or not I’ll be damned if it’s the end all be all and let my kids feel sorry for themselves. Life goes on and moves on with or without soccer. What happens if they peak in soccer after club, HS, college, semipro? Now is a good time to have that talk about life after soccer lol in my opinion. if they miss their friends then pull up in a parking lot, social distance and bring your own food and catch up if you need to see them in person

There is golf, tennis, surfing, skateboarding, swimming, boogie boarding, roller skating, bike riding, long distance running or hiking and so much more you can do while social distancing. Don’t wait around for soccer(but please continue to work on your game and cardio individually) . Whether there is a season or not I’ll be damned if it’s the end all be all and let my kids feel sorry for themselves. Life goes on and moves on with or without soccer. What happens if they peak in soccer after club, HS, college, semipro? Now is a good time to have that talk about life after soccer lol in my opinion. if they miss their friends then pull up in a parking lot, social distance and bring your own food and catch up if you need to see them in person
We've had a lot of fun socially distancing with friends at the park-a few families, lawn chairs, and their own dinner. Kids can run around, etc.

You can't stop soccer. Kids will still play and practice. However, it will not be organized for now. Really dedicated kids will be training no-stop, others will not.
There will NOT be any tournaments or League games until schools will re-open. In other words, until there is a vaccine.
Leagues re-starting in October is a pipe dream.
Surf Inc. who is running Surf Cup, Man City Cup and Surf College Cup is in trouble because it's their only source of income. They are Not part of the Surf SC (correct me if I'm wrong?). So of course they will try to make it happen and make everyone keep believing that it will.
It's not about cup being half empty or half full, it's about cup being full of koolaid.

Back