High School Soccer Shout Outs!!!!

Don't count on it! Red cards seem to show up in their games more often than not
Lot's of Yellow Cards at our game on Tuesday. Nothing dirty, just the South OC Beach Girls vs the IE Girls. I expect nothing less from the South Bay Girls. IE was tough as nails and brought Ganas. Let your PV friends know that we mean no harm when we host them. May the best team win tmrw. All we want is a hard fought game that is played with good, clean possession type soccer. Is that too much too ask? Btw, anyone know of something to cover up the knees for the "Turf Burns" besides band aids?

Lot's of Yellow Cards at our game on Tuesday. Nothing dirty, just the South OC Beach Girls vs the IE Girls. I expect nothing less from the South Bay Girls. IE was tough as nails and brought Ganas. Let your PV friends know that we mean no harm when we host them. May the best team win tmrw. All we want is a hard fought game that is played with good, clean possession type soccer. Is that too much too ask? Btw, anyone know of something to cover up the knees for the "Turf Burns" besides band aids?

Try a thick coating of vaseline for the turf burn......

Good luck Saturday to your young balla!!! you got this.....

Soccer can be cruel and ugly all in one game. No more hs soccer shout outs until next year folks. Time to rest for two weeks and get ready for second half ECNL. Not much to say about tonight without sounding like sour grapes and excuse making. Congrats to PV. We haven't faced opponent quite like them. I have to give the excuses to make my pride feel better. So, we had two starters out. That's right. At our small school that is not good. Our tough as nails holding mid and one of our tough and tall defenders. Then right before the half the ref missed a blatant hand ball. Is was so obvious, our poor players stopped playing but PV kept going. Cant stop until you hear the whistle. Ref said he was blocked and couldn't tell and side ref was picking his nose and looking somewhere else then the field of play. Then with a minute left in half they ran through one of our many freshman on our team and she broke her wrist. Then in 2nd half another player injured and taken off the field. We still needed a goal to tie but they got the next one instead off of a throw corner kick type play that no one touched but somehow the ref allowed. I spoke to our GK and she said PV has screening plays and she was blocked out. Video replay shows ball go all the way into net with no one touching it. My dd ran to ref and he told her to shut up and be respectful. Our team tried and will look to win it all next year. Hopefully PV makes a deep run and moves up to D2. Not our style of how to play soccer but they won fair and square. Good luck to all the teams left in CIF:)

Soccer can be cruel and ugly all in one game. No more hs soccer shout outs until next year folks. Time to rest for two weeks and get ready for second half ECNL. Not much to say about tonight without sounding like sour grapes and excuse making. Congrats to PV. We haven't faced opponent quite like them. I have to give the excuses to make my pride feel better. So, we had two starters out. That's right. At our small school that is not good. Our tough as nails holding mid and one of our tough and tall defenders. Then right before the half the ref missed a blatant hand ball. Is was so obvious, our poor players stopped playing but PV kept going. Cant stop until you hear the whistle. Ref said he was blocked and couldn't tell and side ref was picking his nose and looking somewhere else then the field of play. Then with a minute left in half they ran through one of our many freshman on our team and she broke her wrist. Then in 2nd half another player injured and taken off the field. We still needed a goal to tie but they got the next one instead off of a throw corner kick type play that no one touched but somehow the ref allowed. I spoke to our GK and she said PV has screening plays and she was blocked out. Video replay shows ball go all the way into net with no one touching it. My dd ran to ref and he told her to shut up and be respectful. Our team tried and will look to win it all next year. Hopefully PV makes a deep run and moves up to D2. Not our style of how to play soccer but they won fair and square. Good luck to all the teams left in CIF:)
Any video floating about? Would love to see it.

Any video floating about? Would love to see it.
For the record, I personally did not see the video replay. One of the dads said he saw it from his phone. I saw it with my own eyes and it looked like no touch but my eyes have been wrong before. I see if I can get video. If I look and see I'm wrong, ill correct the record. It was a long throw in. If PV got a touch on it I stand corrected and it's a gr8t way to score on us. We were just a little smaller. We got out ganassed if that makes any sense. We brought ganas but they had more.

In girls lacrosse, there is zero contact "allowed". Does it happen - I'm sure it does. But it is not nearly as physical as boys lacrosse (where they allow stick work and body checking.
I'd say girls lacrosse is less dangerous than girls soccer- But an overuse injury and a non-contact injury are still very possible.
My older daughter played club and hs lacrosse age 12-18 and played club soccer as well. Lacrosse will give you plenty of leg bruises and there is the occasional stick to the face that results in concussions but they are strict about contact and quicker with red/yellow cards and have penalties like hockey where you get sent off that calms the game down. I’ve seen 2-3 times the injuries (broken arms, concussions, ankle strains, back injuries) in soccer. My younger daughters team has 18 rostered players and we rarely have more than 14 healthy enough to play. I am also surprised how keepers are less protected in soccer than even hockey where they were full pads. A lot of keepers get run over while in a vulnerable position and no calls because the offending player “was going for the ball”.

You experienced what I have seen for 3 years running from PV which is not a reflection of the soccer played in the South Bay.... Our girls also had a tough night in D2 game after scoring 2 second half goals and up 2-1 gave up the equalizer with under a minute left on a miscommunication between CB and GK and lost 5-4 in PKs. Soccer can be cruel game and many times the team that plays better doesn't get the W.

You experienced what I have seen for 3 years running from PV which is not a reflection of the soccer played in the South Bay.... Our girls also had a tough night in D2 game after scoring 2 second half goals and up 2-1 gave up the equalizer with under a minute left on a miscommunication between CB and GK and lost 5-4 in PKs. Soccer can be cruel game and many times the team that plays better doesn't get the W.
That was insane soccer. They work really hard and the refs allow that style right now so this is not a knock on any of the PV players. Lot's of Yellow Card in 2nd half after our poor coach begged for a little cleaner play for 2nd half. PV go full board on every play and they will do whatever it takes to get to the ball first. It's the after play that is when a father like me cringes and goes close to the field to yell at ref "safety first" and "watch what they do after the kick they ball 100 yards up the field." My dd played under control and didn;t go into head on collisions. She told me that she knew after the defender was carted off the field it was over. My dd played every game this year and never got hurt bad. Just some aches and bloody knees. I will say she was lucky to not break a bone.

My older daughter played club and hs lacrosse age 12-18 and played club soccer as well. Lacrosse will give you plenty of leg bruises and there is the occasional stick to the face that results in concussions but they are strict about contact and quicker with red/yellow cards and have penalties like hockey where you get sent off that calms the game down. I’ve seen 2-3 times the injuries (broken arms, concussions, ankle strains, back injuries) in soccer. My younger daughters team has 18 rostered players and we rarely have more than 14 healthy enough to play. I am also surprised how keepers are less protected in soccer than even hockey where they were full pads. A lot of keepers get run over while in a vulnerable position and no calls because the offending player “was going for the ball”.
I wish we had girls rugby and hs hockey teams. Girls soccer at our dd ages is freaking gnarly. I honestly now see what all the fuss is. I have an idea that hockey does sparky. 5 minute sit outs for yellow cards.

I play in a local beer league with a goalie that is 240 lbs of pure muscle(fitness trainer/mma wrestler) that can beat the crap out of anyone we play against without breaking a sweat, but when anyone gets near his crease we still come to his defense. That’s just part of the code in hockey. That is part of my bias when I watch soccer.

Sparky7 has a friend on her u17 Strikers team that is a big CM for PV. She is tough and skilled but I will tell you that girls go hard at her every game because they can’t get the ball from her without initiating contact first. She takes a beating some games that is unwarranted. My dd is smaller and leaner and she can basically throw her weight around as much as she wants and never get carded.

Santiago's outscored opponents 42-0 in last 9 games, facing a really good Villa Park team. Winner to face JSerra/Los Alamitos winner.

Based on geography, Santiago vs VP is basically Legends vs Slammers?
Let's get some predictions for D1 girls and why? Quarterfinals and it looks like some good matches coming up. What's the difference maker at this point...Upland / Harvard Westlake , LP Poly / Edison, VP / Santiago, and yet again Los Al / J serra.

Santiago's outscored opponents 42-0 in last 9 games, facing a really good Villa Park team. Winner to face JSerra/Los Alamitos winner.
Both should be fun games..It will be a great battle between whoever wins that bracket and Upland. Hopefully it will be Santiago. :)

Let's get some predictions for D1 girls and why? Quarterfinals and it looks like some good matches coming up. What's the difference maker at this point...Upland / Harvard Westlake , LP Poly / Edison, VP / Santiago, and yet again Los Al / J serra.
Santiago looks gnarly. Pretty much destroyed CDM. Scored 4 in second half against SC. I like them to win it all. I think Upland is over ranked but I could be wrong. Los Al is my second pick. Good luck to all the girls :)

I have seen Los Al, Villa Park, and obviously Santiago. Sharks played Los Al 2 months ago, but were missing something like 10 players due to club commitments. We lost that game 2-0, but it was much closer than it sounds. I like SHS's chances in the rematch..(if they both get through) I have heard nothing but good things about JSerra and Upland though. That game should be a dogfight.

If any high school team has players going back and forth between club and high school the high school team will be disqualified - seen it before with ineligible players - they don’t take that lightly in CIF

Back