High School Soccer Shout Outs!!!!

Shut out to The San Clemente High School Girls Varsity Soccer Team. Wow, I was very impressed as was my dd. They pass the rock and play excellent soccer. 3-0 twenty minutes into the game. Coach brought our goats back and we lost 3-1. Very classy program. We did have finals this week so it was a tough call to practice this week. I told my baby no practice this week to work on her finals and it paid off big time with excellent grades. Only way to beat SC is to play everyone back, kick it out of there and hope for a few direct opportunities and a miracle to boot :) Really, really good team. I was shocked, yet happy to see it if that makes any sense. 3200 kids vs 800. A true David vs Goliath game and we fought hard to the end.

I saw Los Alamitos girls a week or so back and they were a quality girls side.
We get to play them Jan 2nd. We will put everyone way, way back and hope for a tie, 0-0. Sunset League is rough for our small school but we will always look to knock off Goliaths head. It's how we play and sometimes miracles can happen.....

and who won? Played Los Al last year with our YNT stud and it was 0-6 at halftime. We did try and run with Los Al which was a big mistake. We must slug it out this year and pack it in like sardines....
Score update: SC beat Los Al 1-0. However, it was a tournament and all the Jrs and some Srs were taking that college pre test. I would throw out all those scores. I would highly suggest to do way with high school soccer tournaments. Los Al is the team to beat I bet in OC. Their JV team is better than most Varsity teams. Very classy and sharp sports program at that school. JT Snow played football and Baseball there.

Shout out to Laguna Beach High School Girls Varsity Soccer!!

Back Drop:
Finals over yesterday. Girls out late last night celebrating. Some girls won't be there and we have a few JV players helping

Game Saturday 8am over by Great Park vs Canyon HS: "Best of the West Tournament" Head coach won't be there either

What's at Stake: If you lose, you must travel to Garden Grove to play at 1pm

Game starts and all the girls are asleep including my goat. 5 minutes later, it's 1-0 Canyon. Everyone looks tired and parents have basically given in to the Fact were driving to freaking GG to see who the top high school soccer team is on the west coast from the losers, losers bracket. Something told me I needed to do something quickly. I know these girls and I know my goat don't want to go to GG at 1pm. She asked me where GG was in the car and I told her it was far, far away up by UCLA to motivate her to bring Ganas. Anyway, were down 0-1 and I yelled as loud as I could for all to hear, "Garden Grove" "No GG." It was freaking magical. A light went on in my dd head and all the other players and we played with Ganas. We won 2-1!!! The JV call up got both goals. My dd played way back to help with defense but was able to sneak out and fool the other coach and dish for assists a couple times. Now all the parents like me and thanked me for my wise words of Thunder and now we play our last game for 3rd place 15 minutes from home :)

Last edited:
Shout out to Laguna Beach High School Girls Varsity Soccer!!

Back Drop:
Finals over yesterday. Girls out late last night celebrating. Some girls won't be there and we have a few JV players helping

Game Saturday 8am over by Great Park vs Canyon HS: "Best of the West Tournament" Head coach won't be there either

What's at Stake: If you lose, you must travel to Garden Grove to play at 1pm

Game starts and all the girls are asleep including my goat. 5 minutes later, it's 1-0 Canyon. Everyone looks tired and parents have basically given in to the Fact were driving to freaking GG to see who the top high school soccer team is on the west coast from the losers, losers bracket. Something told me I needed to do something quickly. I know these girls and I know my goat don't want to go to GG at 1pm. She asked me where GG was in the car and I told her it was far, far away up by UCLA to motivate her to bring Ganas. Anyway, were down 0-1 and I yelled as loud as I could for all to hear, "Garden Grove" "No GG." It was freaking magical. A light went on in my dd head and all the other players and we played with Ganas. We won 2-1!!! The JV call up got both goals. My dd played way back to help with defense but was able to sneak out and fool the other coach and dish for assists a couple times. Now all the parents like me and thanked me for my wise words of Thunder and now we play our last game for 3rd place 15 minutes from home :)
Nice. This affirms that when I yell at my tv when my favorite teams are playing it has an effect on the game.

Nice. This affirms that when I yell at my tv when my favorite teams are playing it has an effect on the game.
Players can;t hear you through the TV. But girls can hear you from behind the bench. It was 8am and none of the parents were there because of tournament directors wanted to start the game 15 minutes early. Look, I had to do it and it worked. I never yell at the refs anymore or the TV because nothing ever happens. I watched Lebron pass the rock to Rondo because he didn't take the last shot again. He is not the GOAT of hoops. That 100% goes to MJ and then Magic is right behind him INHO. Yell all you want Frank if it helps you :)

They are a good team....#13 on Los Al is ridiculously fast. I don't know that I have ever seen a faster girl on a soccer field.
Thanks for sharing. I'm just going to say I think there #1 in the country. It should be interesting this Thursday after News Year. I hope a few of the Los Al girls and #13 especially are on vacation.

They won Excalibur tournament last week or this I don't even know what day today is
I thought it was Saturday...lol Were in for a treat. How do you recommend we play them if we want to pull off the biggest miracle ever in HS socer? Should we play beautiful soccer and let them kill us 10-0 but tell everyone we "we played the game the right way." Or, should we bring the troops back and take on the artillery and hold down until we see one opening maybe? This is way bigger than the miracle on ice game. Los Al, #1 with 4000+ students taking on little LB with 800 or so kids.

I saw Los Alamitos girls a week or so back and they were a quality girls side.
So are the Los Alamitos Boys. Knocked off San Clemente (ending their unbeaten streak), Richmond from Nor Cal and Mater Dei in winning the So Cal HS Classic without allowing a single goal. The Los Al keeper is the best of the best. Los Al Boys are now a two time winner of that tourney.

Back