High School Soccer Shout Outs!!!!

I am going to guess that about two months ago puts it at the beginning of December. When clubs are still finishing up National League and other events before they transition to high school. Just one of the pitfalls of high school season starting so early.

I am going to guess that about two months ago puts it at the beginning of December. When clubs are still finishing up National League and other events before they transition to high school. Just one of the pitfalls of high school season starting so early.
Correct. I am not sure if its HS starting too early, or club soccer running too long though..

I have seen Los Al, Villa Park, and obviously Santiago. Sharks played Los Al 2 months ago, but were missing something like 10 players due to club commitments. We lost that game 2-0, but it was much closer than it sounds. I like SHS's chances in the rematch..(if they both get through) I have heard nothing but good things about JSerra and Upland though. That game should be a dogfight.
I believe the Santiago vs Los Al score was 1-0. Looking at their schedule, it seems like most of their losses and ties were early part of the season (december) while they waited for club girls to finish up etc. January and February part of schedule looks like having all those players has helped.

I believe the Santiago vs Los Al score was 1-0. Looking at their schedule, it seems like most of their losses and ties were early part of the season (december) while they waited for club girls to finish up etc. January and February part of schedule looks like having all those players has helped.
I think it was 1-0....you are correct. maybe a goal was called off..who knows. I can't remember what I had for dinner last week, so I really won't remember the score of a game from 2 months ago..lol.

But yeah, once they got their full roster, they have been on a terror. Its too bad, they played Los Al and JSerra so early in the season before they were full strength. (Although by reason, maybe those 2 teams were also short players haha)

Interesting. The girls side is good. No rule breakers that I can see. Private school kids can have cake and ice cream and I'm 100% ok with that now. It's all good. I want all kids to play high school soccer, even the da and private school kids with waivers. All are welcome to play and it's free. I see some super stud YNT players representing their schools and it's super cool to see. I don;t know what got over me last summer but I was really pissed off. I'm not anymore. Kobe's death had gr8t impact on me.....
So its been a very long time since I’ve been on this sight and even longer since I’ve posted. Just a heads up I had trouble all day trying to log in and still couldn’t get on so I had to register under a different username my previous name was prenticefour. So my son aged out and is playing in college and my daughter is a senior playing for her high school team and for an ECNL team for club. She chose this path as far as club goes because her high school usually does very well. She could of played DA but chose not too for the sole purpose of playing for her high school team.

Ive only seen a few of your post soccerhelper and you seem like a positive and good parent but I do believe if your daughters team would of beat PV and beat La Serna and were now going to play Flintridge Prep and you were given info
that I was given you would be singing a different tune in regards to DA players. The rules and guidelines should be the same for both private and public schools.

Last night my daughter woke me up in the middle of the night and told me Flintridge Prep has six DA players and wanted to find out how there aloud to do that? Then she said I’m going to look it up and I will be back. She returns and says I’ve figured it out. She says they can be a non rostered player for the DA team and be removed from the roster during high school. They have to sign a waiver and be offered an athletic or merit scholarship and then they would be able to play. Then she says the problem is if you go to Flintridge Preps website it specifically says it does not offer Athletic or Merit scholarships. So when she looked up the players they all play for the same DA team in different age goups and for the same coach and that coach is also the coach for for Flintridge Prep. Not bad detective work!

The biggest part of this that bothered my daughter was she followed the rules and made her choice to play high school and feels its not fair for a private school to be able to do both! She has four DA players from her school that decided to play DA and feels they to should of been able to do both. Honestly I don’t think Flintridge is breaking any CIF rules but the DA is definitely looking into there club but from the looks of the days events there may not be a club soon! The DA’s big thing is no high school soccer and you have a DA coach of three teams coaching a high school team! Unbelievable!

I don’t feel the DA players on this team change the game and I feel my daughters team will do just fine but the rules should apply to everyone. This is just like Baker and even a little like the Salesians and Cathedral on the boys side. It’s high school soccer not college and there should be some rules on recruiting and scholarships but from the looks of it things wont be changing anytime soon!

Best of luck to all the teams playing in the Quarterfinals this week!

So its been a very long time since I’ve been on this sight and even longer since I’ve posted. Just a heads up I had trouble all day trying to log in and still couldn’t get on so I had to register under a different username my previous name was prenticefour. So my son aged out and is playing in college and my daughter is a senior playing for her high school team and for an ECNL team for club. She chose this path as far as club goes because her high school usually does very well. She could of played DA but chose not too for the sole purpose of playing for her high school team.

Ive only seen a few of your post soccerhelper and you seem like a positive and good parent but I do believe if your daughters team would of beat PV and beat La Serna and were now going to play Flintridge Prep and you were given info
that I was given you would be singing a different tune in regards to DA players. The rules and guidelines should be the same for both private and public schools.

Last night my daughter woke me up in the middle of the night and told me Flintridge Prep has six DA players and wanted to find out how there aloud to do that? Then she said I’m going to look it up and I will be back. She returns and says I’ve figured it out. She says they can be a non rostered player for the DA team and be removed from the roster during high school. They have to sign a waiver and be offered an athletic or merit scholarship and then they would be able to play. Then she says the problem is if you go to Flintridge Preps website it specifically says it does not offer Athletic or Merit scholarships. So when she looked up the players they all play for the same DA team in different age goups and for the same coach and that coach is also the coach for for Flintridge Prep. Not bad detective work!

The biggest part of this that bothered my daughter was she followed the rules and made her choice to play high school and feels its not fair for a private school to be able to do both! She has four DA players from her school that decided to play DA and feels they to should of been able to do both. Honestly I don’t think Flintridge is breaking any CIF rules but the DA is definitely looking into there club but from the looks of the days events there may not be a club soon! The DA’s big thing is no high school soccer and you have a DA coach of three teams coaching a high school team! Unbelievable!

I don’t feel the DA players on this team change the game and I feel my daughters team will do just fine but the rules should apply to everyone. This is just like Baker and even a little like the Salesians and Cathedral on the boys side. It’s high school soccer not college and there should be some rules on recruiting and scholarships but from the looks of it things wont be changing anytime soon!

@Rocky I feel your pain. I already ranted about this a long time ago bro. Welcome back to the SoCal Soccer Fabulous Forum. My dd team got to play Prep in tournament. He was chirpin at my girl all game. She was looking to beat them but were a small school and in the PV game two of them got injured . Just found out concussion and broken wrist. So if we did make it, we would be down four starters. We have three DA players who wanted to play so bad but the DA forbids all public schools kids to do both but Prep and others get to do both. No fair but that is the way life is sometimes Rocky.

Last edited:

Flintridge Prep is D3...if their DA players were that good, they'd go to JSerra! Baker will be hurting next year because his players will be graduating and he won't have the best anymore. He lost his best player last year and his best defender got hurt this year so they've been very scrappy!!

Best of luck to all your players still in Playoffs!

I smell an equal access lawsuit. Can’t let the privates play by such different rules. If privates are taking money from kids if they don’t play sports that’s an issue as well. I think any DA kid that wants to play HS should be allowed under the same rules

I smell an equal access lawsuit. Can’t let the privates play by such different rules. If privates are taking money from kids if they don’t play sports that’s an issue as well. I think any DA kid that wants to play HS should be allowed under the same rules
It is not a High School rule...it is a DA rule. Therefore, CIF has nothing to do with it other than not being able to compete in both club and HS at the same time.

DA can make the rules as they fit. If you like them, play DA. If not, play another level of club soccer.

I say this after seeing a WNT member play in only 2 critical league games for Harvard-Westlake to ensure league championship and then not play again...unless they make the D1 championship game.

It is not a High School rule...it is a DA rule. Therefore, CIF has nothing to do with it other than not being able to compete in both club and HS at the same time.

DA can make the rules as they fit. If you like them, play DA. If not, play another level of club soccer.

I say this after seeing a WNT member play in only 2 critical league games for Harvard-Westlake to ensure league championship and then not play again...unless they make the D1 championship game.
To be fair, when country calls you need to go imho :) If your on the YNT you can come to practice or game anytime you want imho. I'm happy she was able to help. Laguna has a big time girls water polo program. Some YNT members. They come when they can and hope schedules work out. What the GDA needs to do is let ALL the girls play HS Soccer regardless if Coach Chavez or the girls want to do both and the only ones allowed are the private school kids. Not good for everyone. My dd was banned from the league because we followed the rules. Prep is $50,000 a year. If I kid can get in and get some it paid for good for them.

The lawsuit side of things was referring to the DA not CIF. They can make the rules but they cannot be discriminatory and the current rules are IMO

Boy was I wrong about Upland HS Girls soccer team. Wow, what a run. Well done ladies!!! I think I will go watch the finals. @Rocky Congrats to your dd for making the finals as well. Super duper cool and I hope you guys win. My really good buddy went to one of the Torrance HSs I just can;t remember which one :)

Back