GDA Developmental Player

Just got off the phone with them. Read this post above and am being told it is not correct and information is forthcoming.

Name calling. Cute.
So passionate when your kid is aging out. God help me if I care about this when my daughter is a senior.

What did I call you? You were the one who called me sheep. Yet, you're the sheep selling Girls DA II!
My bad, I called you an idiot, lol!

Question is why are you so passionate selling a Girls DA II league that hasn't been sanctioned by US Soccer? Have you been taking forum propaganda lessons from CaliKlines? LMAO!

Ah many people play the lottery because they'll think they have a Longshot chance, we love the underdogs and cinderella stories.

DP's and cinderella 2 soccer leagues are mostly a fantasy to get people to believe in something they wannabe. Fun to dress up as a princess and make believe but soon or later most grown up and have to face the real world but it's a good pathway for creative dreaming. Never give up on those lottery dreams, somebody has to win some of the time, 14million+ to 1 or not and Cinderella only lasts until midnight until reality sets back in.

Daughter DA at an ECNL club but thanks.
You all spend a great deal of time knocking the non ecnl clubs for what they did- but I don't buy it. I don't buy that they were so out of bounds that they made up a league, and just went with it with absolutely no one knowing. Why is that so far fetched for you to believe?
You got the pitch forks out but fact is YOU CANT PROVIDE FACTS ITS DEAD.
Again have a really hard time believing that US Soccer wouldn't want to clarify this. Have also a really hard time believing these DOC are knowingly and openly lying to families. If I am wrong then I apologize. If you are right though I find it very hard to believe people would piss away their standing with a governing body like this. It would take the Bozo brigade to an entirely new level. By the way that's the best monniker I have ever heard.
As for everyone else going off track on what it actually means- everyone here is really great at being a jerk talking about "Cinderella dreams" and B teamers. I am sure you have he next Carli Llyod at your house lol. Why don't you channel that compensatory righteousness into understanding that there are theortically girls in the 13-15 range who are B team now and will surpass our precious DA girls one day? If they have the passion and drive they deserve to be treated as such. Maybe DA2 is a waste. Maybe their current platform is enough- I don't have the answers to that.
I feel like these posters are coaches or people with major axes to grind. It gets old especially when you can't give me a name or a link.

Daughter DA at an ECNL club but thanks.
You all spend a great deal of time knocking the non ecnl clubs for what they did- but I don't buy it. I don't buy that they were so out of bounds that they made up a league, and just went with it with absolutely no one knowing. Why is that so far fetched for you to believe?
You got the pitch forks out but fact is YOU CANT PROVIDE FACTS ITS DEAD.
Again have a really hard time believing that US Soccer wouldn't want to clarify this. Have also a really hard time believing these DOC are knowingly and openly lying to families. If I am wrong then I apologize. If you are right though I find it very hard to believe people would piss away their standing with a governing body like this. It would take the Bozo brigade to an entirely new level. By the way that's the best monniker I have ever heard.
As for everyone else going off track on what it actually means- everyone here is really great at being a jerk talking about "Cinderella dreams" and B teamers. I am sure you have he next Carli Llyod at your house lol. Why don't you channel that compensatory righteousness into understanding that there are theortically girls in the 13-15 range who are B team now and will surpass our precious DA girls one day? If they have the passion and drive they deserve to be treated as such. Maybe DA2 is a waste. Maybe their current platform is enough- I don't have the answers to that.
I feel like these posters are coaches or people with major axes to grind. It gets old especially when you can't give me a name or a link.

Mahrez and Younothat have been posting multiple times on different threads that Girls DA II is NOT sanctioned by US Soccer. I would listen to them, since they both have boys in Development Academy.

Girls DA II is not sanctioned by US Soccer and surrounded with so much uncertainty. I would suggest having your DDs play for a club with both Girls DA and ECNL , if not...then tryout for a Girls DA only club...if she can't get on that team, tryout for an ECNL only club. If Girls DA II gets off the ground and ends up sanctioned by US Soccer then move her to a Girls DA II team next year. This isn't rocket science people.

ESPNANALYST, I agree with you. There will be a "FEW" current U13/14 B team players who will eventually be better than current u13/14 A team players a couple of years from now.

Mahrez and Younothat have been posting multiple times on different threads that Girls DA II is NOT sanctioned by US Soccer. I would listen to them, since they both have boys in Development Academy.

Girls DA II is not sanctioned by US Soccer and surrounded with so much uncertainty. I would suggest having your DDs play for a club with both Girls DA and ECNL , if not...then tryout for a Girls DA only club...if she can't get on that team, tryout for an ECNL only club. If Girls DA II gets off the ground and ends up sanctioned by US Soccer then move her to Girls DA II next year. This isn't rocket science people.

Again agree entirely.
Agree entirely with the two posters you mentioned being an excellent source of information and would also agree that within this DA2 has never been considered on Boys side so I question how this came about.
My point is how and why could this happen? How and why would a group of people - like let's say Albion - who have a Boys DA that does do well- jeopardize their relationship with a governing body? Due to their business acumen this makes absolutely no sense from a business perspective long term- short term revenue yes long term credibility absolutely not.
I don't believe it is out of bounds to ask for facts and proof.
Why am I passionate? There are a lot of families affected by this and it's it not their fault. They are caught in the crossfire and I think we can all agree we would want our neighbors and friends to be able to get transparency.

I don't get why it even matters whether US Soccer sanctions the league. Can someone explain that? I would assume that clubs would be free to set up their own feeder teams for their DA programs. If those clubs want to play their feeder teams in a league with a bunch of other GDA feeder teams and call it a DAII league, why can't they do that? I understand it would lack the blessing and not fall under the auspice of US Soccer, but why does that matter? The GDA clubs are going to have B teams. Those B teams are going to have to play in a league. Who cares what you call the league? Whether US soccer sanctions it or not, it will clearly be the B (or maybe C) team league for girls GDA.

I don't get why it even matters whether US Soccer sanctions the league. Can someone explain that? I would assume that clubs would be free to set up their own feeder teams for their DA programs. If those clubs want to play their feeder teams in a league with a bunch of other GDA feeder teams and call it a DAII league, why can't they do that? I understand it would lack the blessing and not fall under the auspice of US Soccer, but why does that matter? The GDA clubs are going to have B teams. Those B teams are going to have to play in a league. Who cares what you call the league? Whether US soccer sanctions it or not, it will clearly be the B (or maybe C) team league for girls GDA.

I think at this point the conversation is about the kool aid drinking, misinformation and deception.

I think at this point the conversation is about the kool aid drinking, misinformation and deception.

Why anyone would want to play for a club whose DOC helped to create a fake league just to make more money and trick parents into staying is beyond me. At the end of the day it is not about your child or their development at those clubs.

You are probably right. It seems like the handful of clubs that now have GDA/ECNL have all the power. If those clubs don't put their second best team in ECNL, that will make things very interesting in SoCal. And my guess is that is what is driving non-ECNL clubs to push for DAII league. Clubs like Arsenal and Strikers won't look as appealing if their top ECNL teams are playing against the Slammers' and Surf's C teams. The pitch instead will be to play on, for example, the Legends or LA Galaxy B teams because that will allow you to supposedly play the Blues and Surf B teams in a DAII league (or whatever you want to call it), along with all the B teams from non-ECNL/GDA clubs.

Back