GDA Developmental Player

Why anyone would want to play for a club whose DOC helped to create a fake league just to make more money and trick parents into staying is beyond me. At the end of the day it is not about your child or their development at those clubs.

When and if that proves to be true I would agree with you.
The hysteria is misplaced. You are going off one persons "fact" on a forum. Until it's fact then I would refrain from making assumptions.
In all honesty DA appears to be a fluid model that will not be set until Aug 1 even for committed girls. That means that the bozo brigade has four months to make due in its promise.
I bet money it happens

Why anyone would want to play for a club whose DOC helped to create a fake league just to make more money and trick parents into staying is beyond me. At the end of the day it is not about your child or their development at those clubs.
So as not to seem like a @dreamz killer, I do believe the bozo brigade thought the DAII would fly and that US Soccer would sanction it. I do believe that NG thought with his connections to US Soccer that he could convince them this was the next great thing needed on the girls side. They all bought in to the idea without a game plan and ran with it, sold it and promised it. All because they did believe it would happen with US Soccer. Now that they have been told no, they have to figure out the backup plan. If ANY of these guys is telling you DAII is going to happen here is what you need to know.
1. It won't be called DAII. It will be called NPL through US Club. The acronym they will use for NPL will be DAII but this is just lipstick on the pig. The only league that could be called DAII would be a league sanctioned, and run, by US Soccer.
2. The teams playing in NPL will not be able to play National Cup.
3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being on a B team.
I don't understand why they have to try and create something more than what they already have and just focus on the college exposure for these players. An NPL league doesn't give them that.
There are a lot of people passionate about this subject and I hope it works out for everyone. Just be smart people. I would not put a penny out to anyone without seeing something in writing about the league I was signing up to play in. The smoke and mirrors parlor will be hard to get out of once you are in it financially. Like ESPNAnalyst says, they have 4 months to come up with something. Maybe they will and maybe they won't. But, I would not given em' a penny until that "something" is public knowledge and endorsed by whomever is endorsing it. Not just info on a club website. Until then, buyer beware.

The "bozo brigade" were told not to promote DAII since it was not sanctioned. This is 100% true. I am simply saying it is disingenuous to create a league and implying it is part of DA just to keep from losing players. They could get lucky and US Soccer agrees to go ahead with it, but it doesn't retroactively make it less of a lie.

So as not to seem like a @dreamz killer, I do believe the bozo brigade thought the DAII would fly and that US Soccer would sanction it. I do believe that NG thought with his connections to US Soccer that he could convince them this was the next great thing needed on the girls side. They all bought in to the idea without a game plan and ran with it, sold it and promised it. All because they did believe it would happen with US Soccer. Now that they have been told no, they have to figure out the backup plan. If ANY of these guys is telling you DAII is going to happen here is what you need to know.
1. It won't be called DAII. It will be called NPL through US Club. The acronym they will use for NPL will be DAII but this is just lipstick on the pig. The only league that could be called DAII would be a league sanctioned, and run, by US Soccer.
I don't understand why they have to try and create something more than what they already have and just focus on the college exposure for these players. An NPL league doesn't give them that.
There are a lot of people passionate about this subject and I hope it works out for everyone. Just be smart people. I would not put a penny out to anyone without seeing something in writing about the league I was signing up to play in. The smoke and mirrors parlor will be hard to get out of once you are in it financially. Like ESPNAnalyst says, they have 4 months to come up with something. Maybe they will and maybe they won't. But, I would not given em' a penny until that "something" is public knowledge and endorsed by whomever is endorsing it. Not just info on a club website. Until then, buyer beware.

Great post lots of helpful information and I am sending this to my friends deciding.

The "bozo brigade" were told not to promote DAII since it was not sanctioned. This is 100% true. I am simply saying it is disingenuous to create a league and implying it is part of DA just to keep from losing players. They could get lucky and US Soccer agrees to go ahead with it, but it doesn't retroactively make it less of a lie.

I don't know about this as I am not a coach or DOC. This has been talked about since Nov. this was brought up in Chicago as well when he 04 was added.
My issue is if they actually just ran with something - they really are not as astute as I have thought.
I know 9/13 wanted this league. If you put those 9 in their own league and their B teams played that would be a better overall league to play in at the 04 level than ecnl with blues kale, surf condliffe, WCFC flippvich and slammers don't know the guy. The B teams at Beach, Legends,Carlsbad alone would be better. ECNL clubs will not put their B teams in this league so maybe they would put a C team but doubtful.
Even with politics I watched maddow and hannity - why? Because somewhere in the middle there is some truth. In this case when certain ECNL clubs are panting and raving and using phrases like "they stole our girls" and "you need to sign with us Bc the league is fake" my spider sense goes up. I want to ask you this what's better a non ecnl club B team or an ecnl club C team?

You know it's coming. Wait for it.
But come on MAP! Really?! This is a new low if they did this

I am not disagreeing with anything that you said. I do know that the 4 clubs with GDA and ECNL put out a lot of college players and have all won an ECNL championship. And this is getting more and more convoluted the closer we get to D-Day.

I hope there aren't
I don't know about this as I am not a coach or DOC. This has been talked about since Nov. this was brought up in Chicago as well when he 04 was added.
My issue is if they actually just ran with something - they really are not as astute as I have thought.
I know 9/13 wanted this league. If you put those 9 in their own league and their B teams played that would be a better overall league to play in at the 04 level than ecnl with blues kale, surf condliffe, WCFC flippvich and slammers don't know the guy. The B teams at Beach, Legends,Carlsbad alone would be better. ECNL clubs will not put their B teams in this league so maybe they would put a C team but doubtful.
Even with politics I watched maddow and hannity - why? Because somewhere in the middle there is some truth. In this case when certain ECNL clubs are panting and raving and using phrases like "they stole our girls" and "you need to sign with us Bc the league is fake" my spider sense goes up. I want to ask you this what's better a non ecnl club B team or an ecnl club C team?

The problem is they did run with it. Maybe something was mentioned in Chicago, but never approved or sanctioned. I kept hearing that DA2 would be a separate league, affiliated with DA from parents. Obviously they were told this by coaches and DOCs who had no business making these claims since nothing was official. They just didn't want players leaving the club.

I don't know how to answer that last question. It depends on the coach and the players. But I am sure that there are some of non ecnl /DA teams who will be stronger than most ecnl and at least one DA team. I don't want to name teams but I think some of them will be weaker than their acronym would make you think.

No truer a statement than, "DOC's worried about losing players that don't get DA." Particularly the club's without ECNL. They believe, and aren't necessarily wrong, that the talent pool is so rich in SoCal, that DAII is necessary. And this is how they are presenting it to parents that are asking. As if they are actually looking out for the best interest of the girls. Please!

Just let the girls that don't make DA, be the "Top Non-DA" team that plays CSL, ECNL, SCDSL, SDDA, etc. They will continue to get the exposure through all the Showcases that aren't going away, all the while aspiring to make DA at some point. Don't try fooling people by telling them that they are part of DA, when they aren't. JMHO

No truer a statement than, "DOC's worried about losing players that don't get DA." Particularly the club's without ECNL. They believe, and aren't necessarily wrong, that the talent pool is so rich in SoCal, that DAII is necessary. And this is how they are presenting it to parents that are asking. As if they are actually looking out for the best interest of the girls. Please!

Just let the girls that don't make DA, be the "Top Non-DA" team that plays CSL, ECNL, SCDSL, SDDA, etc. They will continue to get the exposure through all the Showcases that aren't going away, all the while aspiring to make DA at some point. Don't try fooling people by telling them that they are part of DA, when they aren't. JMHO

The talent pool isn't so deep that DA2 is needed. There should only be about 2 and at most DA teams if the goal is to develop world class players for the WNT. Per age group in SoCal there are maybe 30-40 elite players. And maybe 6-10 that are dominant. Those are the pools of players that should be practicing together (think ODP second cutdown group). They could have easily done that by co-opting the existing system. They didn't do that they chose to nuke it all and create their own thing.

The bottom line is DA2 is about revenue.

DA, DAII, ECNL, EGSL, project 60, SCDSL, Presidio, CSL, CRL, FWRL yawn. "My club is better than your club", "ECNL is DOA now that DA is here", "My dd is going to play DA and make the US Women's National Team, at our DA club meeting the director said so", "No college coaches are going too watch ECNL anymore they will all want to watch DA", and "Just being on DA makes my dd practically a YNT player"

The stuff I have heard from parents and clubs isn't just believing in a unicorn it's believing in a herd of unicorns. DA is a power grab just like ECNL was when it emerged, nothing more nothing less. It has nothing to do with USWNT or getting your dd on it. DA will consolidate and offer 4 days a week training that many kids do between, privates, club practice, agility & strength training. DA will be a great avenue for some and for others who want to play HS or dd is 02 and above DA won't really have an affect. No one's kid is ever going to play on the USWNT because of DA, if they are the .000001% that do get a CAP for the USWNT it will have nothing to do with the league they played in. So parents please stop talking about that as a reason to play DA you have a better shot of taking 12, 18, 23, 35, 48 and the mega 13 at your local liquor store dropping a leaf of cabbage and retiring.

Agree Ghost. However, besides the ones that refuse to give up HS and other sports, it's where the top players will be playing. Just like ECNL, it should provide the best platform for exposure. All in theory, of course.

DA, DAII, ECNL, EGSL, project 60, SCDSL, Presidio, CSL, CRL, FWRL yawn. "My club is better than your club", "ECNL is DOA now that DA is here", "My dd is going to play DA and make the US Women's National Team, at our DA club meeting the director said so", "No college coaches are going too watch ECNL anymore they will all want to watch DA", and "Just being on DA makes my dd practically a YNT player"

The stuff I have heard from parents and clubs isn't just believing in a unicorn it's believing in a herd of unicorns. DA is a power grab just like ECNL was when it emerged, nothing more nothing less. It has nothing to do with USWNT or getting your dd on it. DA will consolidate and offer 4 days a week training that many kids do between, privates, club practice, agility & strength training. DA will be a great avenue for some and for others who want to play HS or dd is 02 and above DA won't really have an affect. No one's kid is ever going to play on the USWNT because of DA, if they are the .000001% that do get a CAP for the USWNT it will have nothing to do with the league they played in. So parents please stop talking about that as a reason to play DA you have a better shot of taking 12, 18, 23, 35, 48 and the mega 13 at your local liquor store dropping a leaf of cabbage and retiring.

I can legitimately state I have never heard any parent or any of my friends in any way shape or form state that they want their kids on Da as a path to YNT. I have also had very fun conversations with group of parents where we laugh out loud at the prospect of our girls playing in the NWPSL and how we would never allow that.
I have never heard any parent even talk about that- I guess I hang out with humble people.

The talent pool isn't so deep that DA2 is needed. There should only be about 2 and at most DA teams if the goal is to develop world class players for the WNT. Per age group in SoCal there are maybe 30-40 elite players. And maybe 6-10 that are dominant. Those are the pools of players that should be practicing together (think ODP second cutdown group). They could have easily done that by co-opting the existing system. They didn't do that they chose to nuke it all and create their own thing.

The bottom line is DA2 is about revenue.

I guess I am more realistic that I thought because I would say 10 per age group 03 and 04 and 1-2 who have a shot and are CLEARLY special.
At least the DA will remove any sphere of influence that clown SH has at Cal South with his "scouts"
Sorry but I will take the bozo brigade and US SOCCER any day over that man and his merry band of idiots.
Big difference between impact player and special qualities. Parents don't want to hear that though.

From 02 and above ECNL viable option. If everything goes according to plan I would say it's a viable option for three years max.
I say this because your first group 04 has none of its top talent OUTSIDE of the DA. Our ECNL teams at 04 are not only B teams they are watered down B teams. With the right coaching one would say its still a great platform- problem is look at the licensing and talent of coaches at the ECNL level. Feel free to use our age group 04 as a perfect example.
03 I know maybe a handful of girls who didn't want to play for a certain coach but want to stay at a club and chose ECNL. At least the 03 coaches have more education and play a more cerebral game not boot and run.
The talent went to DA. People don't want to hear that and I don't know why. Its factual at the 03 and 04 level. At the 02 and above I think it's a mix.
DA is done. Unless they do something absolutely stupid this year - which I can always see- it stays and it's good. Please tell me what is wrong with two days of technical training, one day of film, one day of conditioning, less wasteful "premier tourneys", less worthless games.
The only people I know of at my age group who are against the DA are people whose daughters were not asked to be on one. They became ECNL warriors overnight "we are happy on our team, we just love our coach blah blah"
Sorry but no one is going to shame me for wanting the best platform for my kid which is DA at this time and place.
I think everyone should spend their time talking about team fees for ECNL and why anyone would want to spend excessive money for a weak league, crappy travel and B team? To me that's the real joke. Pick a local club and a good coach. DA is cheaper than ECNL

Back