GDA Developmental Player

It seems a lot of the country is going in the opposite direction of SoCal. Reading the the NorCal forums they seem to be opposed to GDA. I think once parents realize Little Mia, or did we change her name;), isn't getting playing time GDA will be come the red headed step child. I like results. The boy's side has produced very little. At this point that's what you have to go by.

One teeeenny tiny problem with that:
The current parent population is just fine with Chloe and Autumn sitting on the bench so they can wear the crest and talk about their daughters great team. All you have to do is look at certain teams hailed as the second coming and see 1-5 per team. Yep that's it. 5-11 on par with anyone else and 11-18 easily replaceable. That's where we are at now.
I personally know of at least ten families who would rather have their daughter sit on someone's bench and justify it by saying "my daughter is training with the best and it will make her earn her spot" than go to a lesser DA and get play time. No kidding it's he scary state of the union.
Ok you have an older DD right? It used to be what FOUR ECNL clubs when all you battled it out? Supreme was supreme. Now it's just not so

Also you talk about results?
ECNL Is great but DA will now provide the platform. International results? I know very few families that care about anything other than getting Ashlynn or Bree to school for soccer.
Career? Again yeah no.
As far as men's side I would argue that boys just have a lot more choices. My older plays soccer but he's better at baseball and lax so guess what loses? Soccer.

From 02 and above ECNL viable option. If everything goes according to plan I would say it's a viable option for three years max.
I say this because your first group 04 has none of its top talent OUTSIDE of the DA. Our ECNL teams at 04 are not only B teams they are watered down B teams. With the right coaching one would say its still a great platform- problem is look at the licensing and talent of coaches at the ECNL level. Feel free to use our age group 04 as a perfect example.
03 I know maybe a handful of girls who didn't want to play for a certain coach but want to stay at a club and chose ECNL. At least the 03 coaches have more education and play a more cerebral game not boot and run.
The talent went to DA. People don't want to hear that and I don't know why. Its factual at the 03 and 04 level. At the 02 and above I think it's a mix.
DA is done. Unless they do something absolutely stupid this year - which I can always see- it stays and it's good. Please tell me what is wrong with two days of technical training, one day of film, one day of conditioning, less wasteful "premier tourneys", less worthless games.
The only people I know of at my age group who are against the DA are people whose daughters were not asked to be on one. They became ECNL warriors overnight "we are happy on our team, we just love our coach blah blah"
Sorry but no one is going to shame me for wanting the best platform for my kid which is DA at this time and place.
I think everyone should spend their time talking about team fees for ECNL and why anyone would want to spend excessive money for a weak league, crappy travel and B team? To me that's the real joke. Pick a local club and a good coach. DA is cheaper than ECNL
This is fairly accurate what I've seen with 4-5 clubs in South OC. Sounds harsh but accurate only know one player out of 5 clubs that turned down a "top" club DA for ECNL.

Back