Espola's newest neighborhood

Next to the bank behind the tree is the house my parents bought in 1968 and lived in until 1987, and which was my Navy official home of record until I got married in California in 1973. I think it was built in the 1840s and is now the location of a community arts center.

1640189384228.png

Nice Christmas Eve experience --

We are in New Mexico visiting my son and his fiancee. They wanted to show us the hotel/country club venue where their wedding will be in the Spring. No events were scheduled there, so it was locked up tight. The restaurant sous-chef, the only person in the building, saw us wandering around the grounds so he came out and when we explained our purpose he gave us a full tour of the place.

We have determined by exhaustive research that no US city is both larger in population and higher in elevation than Albuquerque.

I have posted pictures of my nephew a few times in the past following his career in the US Army. After retiring a couple of years ago as a Captain in the Medical Service Corps, he now lives in Copperas Cove, Texas, right near Fort Hood, and recently was elected to the city council there.

1641356919546.png

I didn't realize until today that the Webb Telescope is parked at the L2 Lagrange Point, sort of a dynamic flat spot in the Earth-Sun-Moon gravitational field. I hope they brought along a short-range camera just to check if there is some other stuff lying around there.

'Historic' 346 officers shot in line of duty in 2021: National Fraternal Order of Police
'Ambush-style attacks' against officers were up 115% in 2021 compared to 2020

Back