Espola's newest neighborhood

High school soccer team photo my Freshman year. I'm #75, in the middle row two faces to the left of Coach Brendler.

1627600269639.png

High school soccer team photo my Freshman year. I'm #75, in the middle row two faces to the left of Coach Brendler.

View attachment 11173
I should point out that the goal is made from a 2x6 bolted to two raw cedar posts, and no net. Country style.

That school was 7-12 and a little over 300 students total, so there were slightly fewer than 100 boys eligible to play, 27 of them (including the managers) are in the photo.

The news says that the Navy will scrap the Bon Homme Richard amphibious carrier because it will cost too much to repair the damage from the 4-day fire last summer. The first story was that a lot of flammable junk had been stored in an area intended to carry amphibious vehicles in normal operations caught fire when no one was working in the area, and that the shipboard fire-fighting systems had been disconnected while they were being upgraded as part of the shipyard work.

Also in the news are hints that the NCIS is investigating a sailor for arson. NCIS always looks so good on their TV show but not so good in real life. When I was in the Navy, we had a few NIS (as they were called at that time) snoops running around the base. The feeling I heard expressed at that time was that an NIS agent couldn't find his own ass with both hands in his back pockets, a feeling that was borne out in their attempt to blame the USS Iowa explosion on some sailors who had been killed. I guess they felt that no one would find out about the unauthorized gunnery experiments and the use of defective ammunition.

Last week NIS let the other boondocker drop when they charged Seaman Apprentice Ryan Sawyer Mays with arson. NIS says that he not only started the fire, but also sabotaged shipboard firefighting equipment nearby and destroyed evidence of his involvement afterward. That may or may not have been related to his failure to completes BUDS training and thus failing any chance to become a SEAL.

Plan for parent in the hood. Killer company you support. Just wait until the news hits on what the real plan for the parent with no father to help in the hood. The pain is not the babies that were killed, it's the pain mom has to deal with. Pain causes more pain!!! Espola neighborhood is of the darkness. EOTL still in your hood bro? He did warn me directly on this forum that I best keep my dd away from his school.

Last edited:
Years ago I resolved to cut my coffee intake to 1 cup a day. It appears now that I might have erred --

Coffee makes me tired if I have more than one cup. I’ve never even tasted an energy drink and the only time I drink soda is as a mixer. A key word may be “up”, as in up to 3 cups a day.

I have long searched for the opportunity to use literally the phrase "hoist on his own petard"

From NY Times

The strike on Sunday, which was carried out by an MQ-9 Reaper drone operating from a base in the United Arab Emirates, demonstrated the degree to which American intelligence officials have refined their target list, defense officials said. A Hellfire missile fired from the Reaper hit the vehicle approximately two miles from the airport, a military official said.
Based on the secondary explosions after the drone strike, the military assessed that there were one to three people in the vehicle wearing explosive vests. There may have been other explosives in the car, making it a vehicle-borne bomb itself, two defense officials said.

Merde! I've been doing it wrong all these years. My preferred location for my phone at the dinner table has always been in the pince-nez pocket at the end of a black neck cord.

1630353239438.png

In the category "Their PhD dissertations", the answer is --

Hypothalamic regulation in relation to maladaptive, obsessive-compulsive, affiliative, and satiety behaviors in Prader-Willi syndrome

And the correct question is --

Who is Mayim Bialik?

FB just reminded me that I had posted this 5 years ago --

Last weekend when Emily was visiting, I gave her a picture of when she was a year or two old.
The cute little girl in the picture then went to the refrigerator and got herself a beer

Back