ECNL Playoff Draw (Seattle)

Congratulations to Solar 09G for beating PDA Blue to win the National Championship this morning. Solar was up 2-0 in 1st half, PDA stormed back with 2 in 2nd half to tie the game. Game went to PK's, where Solar won 3-1.

Congratulations to Solar 09G for beating PDA Blue to win the National Championship this morning. Solar was up 2-0 in 1st half, PDA stormed back with 2 in 2nd half to tie the game. Game went to PK's, where Solar won 3-1.

wow so many games determined by PKs

Congrats to all the teams!!

Solar 08G also won their national championship in the U-14G division over Legends. This should seal the deal for Solar taking home the club national championship this year......

Solar 08G also won their national championship in the U-14G division over Legends. This should seal the deal for Solar taking home the club national championship this year......
Solar is #1 in 2022 100% this year and years to come I bet. I will say this though. If SoCal Blues was not mugged of most of their talent in 2016-2017 and the GDA never formed, SoCal Blues would have had something to say about who is the #1 club in the country this year. I think Blues will be back but never like the old days where they were able to recruit the Beach and Legends players at will. Now it's Beach and Legends in the finals. Congrats to all the champions and scoreboard is scoreboard.

2009s
Champion - Solar
Finalist - PDA
Final Four - Surf
Final Four - Eclipse

2008s
Champion - Solar
Finalist - Legends
Final Four - Slammers FC Koge
Final Four - Real Colorado

2007s
Champion - Slammers FC Koge
Finalist - Legends
Final Four - PDA
Final Four - OK Energy

2006s
Champion - SLSG
Finalist - Colorado Rapids
Final Four - Solar
Final Four - Internationals

2005s
Champion - Real Colorado
Finalist - Beach FC
Final Four - FC Dallas
Final Four - Sporting Blue

2004 / 03s
Champion - Concorde
Finalist - Slammers FC Koge
Final Four - DKSC
Final Four - Solar

If SoCal Blues was not mugged of most of their talent in 2016-2017 and the GDA never formed, SoCal Blues would have had something to say about who is the #1 club in the country this year. I think Blues will be back but never like the old days where they were able to recruit the Beach and Legends players at will. Now it's Beach and Legends in the finals.
Orange County in general did a great job in bringing in the talent from both the Inland Empire and LA Areas prior to Legends and Beach getting ECNL that's for sure.

I think both Legends and Beach did their part the past two seasons to show what many knew all along, they have some talented players, coaches and teams that can compete at the highest levels.

The OC will be interesting to watch with the expansion of ECNL in the area, even more reason to marvel at what Slammers is able to do year in and year out and that is "be consistently good".

Solar did a great job this season! Well deserved!

Congrats to all the players and teams this season, it's a long journey, and it's going to start again shortly for those returning players.

Orange County in general did a great job in bringing in the talent from both the Inland Empire and LA Areas prior to Legends and Beach getting ECNL that's for sure.

I think both Legends and Beach did their part the past two seasons to show what many knew all along, they have some talented players, coaches and teams that can compete at the highest levels.

The OC will be interesting to watch with the expansion of ECNL in the area, even more reason to marvel at what Slammers is able to do year in and year out and that is "be consistently good".
100% Tech. The poaching that went on in the past was crazy. Legends and Beach got their top players snatched all the time and that was not right but it was within the rules. Expansion is good for more players to have a chance but it hurt the top dog in the past.

I think Slammers will continue to be near the top in OC due to their affiliate programs. They are getting looks at players who come up through their various affiliates that other clubs are able to see.
What MIGHT hurt them though is that as they bring teams over from an affiliate in to the "mothership" - is their fees.

2009s
Champion - Solar
Finalist - PDA
Final Four - Surf
Final Four - Eclipse

2008s
Champion - Solar
Finalist - Legends
Final Four - Slammers FC Koge
Final Four - Real Colorado

2007s
Champion - Slammers FC Koge
Finalist - Legends
Final Four - PDA
Final Four - OK Energy

2006s
Champion - SLSG
Finalist - Colorado Rapids
Final Four - Solar
Final Four - Internationals

2005s
Champion - Real Colorado
Finalist - Beach FC
Final Four - FC Dallas
Final Four - Sporting Blue

2004 / 03s
Champion - Concorde
Finalist - Slammers FC Koge
Final Four - DKSC
Final Four - Solar
Interesting correlation here. But I dare not say what it is.:p

I think Slammers will continue to be near the top in OC due to their affiliate programs. They are getting looks at players who come up through their various affiliates that other clubs are able to see.
What MIGHT hurt them though is that as they bring teams over from an affiliate in to the "mothership" - is their fees.
At the end of the day, the top players will always look for ways to play with other top players. It happens in most club and hs sports in socal, and club soccer here is no different. The 07 Koge team that won it all this year is a perfect example as it is made up of players who were competing against each other last year on Blues, Koge and Surf. While they were all on "a" top team last year, they came together this year to be "the" top team. I suspect all the top socal clubs will continue to take turns consolidating the talent. Congrats to all the teams winning it all this year!

At the end of the day, the top players will always look for ways to play with other top players. It happens in most club and hs sports in socal, and club soccer here is no different. The 07 Koge team that won it all this year is a perfect example as it is made up of players who were competing against each other last year on Blues, Koge and Surf. While they were all on "a" top team last year, they came together this year to be "the" top team. I suspect all the top socal clubs will continue to take turns consolidating the talent. Congrats to all the teams winning it all this year!
And that is how development works in SoCal folks and how you win. Any coach says he develops players in his own club and produce championship teams is full of BS! You recruit the players from other top teams ((poaching)) to win, just like the blues did all the time until the great heist! Take this to the soccer bank; you better recruit the top players from other teams and then get them all to buy into the plan :)

And that is how development works in SoCal folks and how you win. Any coach says he develops players in his own club and produce championship teams is full of BS! You recruit the players from other top teams ((poaching)) to win, just like the blues did all the time until the great heist! Take this to the soccer bank; you better recruit the top players from other teams and then get them all to buy into the plan :)
By the time they reach 14 years-old, it is often the players recruiting each other instead of the coaches/doc. One of the best coach recruiters at the younger age groups couldn't keep these Blues players together and lost them to this 07 Koge team this year. It is all cyclical and different for each age group though. I know everyone says that colleges recruit players, not teams, but playing on a top team gets you way, way more looks.

By the time they reach 14 years-old, it is often the players recruiting each other instead of the coaches/doc. One of the best coach recruiters at the younger age groups couldn't keep these Blues players together and lost them to this 07 Koge team this year. It is all cyclical and different for each age group though. I know everyone says that colleges recruit players, not teams, but playing on a top team gets you way, way more looks.
Full ride offers? Blues give zero rides and all the others offer fully funded soccer minus travel cost for the family. Only goat get free plane ride. Also a good Doc who is well connected. It's all about recruiting and no development. The Truth is the Truth.

Last edited:
Back