ECNL Playoff Draw (Seattle)

Did Solar U18/19 have all their top players playing in Seattle? I heard this Solar team was one if the all time best, even better than the Blues Teams of Jackson, Rodman and Turner.
When they can Win 4 ECNL Championships in Row with Unblemished Records, Then Bring them into the discussion as of now Save It.

A few years ago I use to break down the teams for National Cup. I do not watch as many games as I use to being in a closed league for the last 4 years. But, here are my picks for the ECNL Round of 8, 4, and the Finals for U17 and U16. Please note that these are opinions based on anecdotal details/observations, some statistical analysis and watching most of these teams over the course of two years (some longer) and a hint of BS. Enjoy.

U17
Round of 8

Beach vs Richmond United-- "With tough Socal competition and droppping a game against Davis I don't see them doing it again at this stage. If they dont next year will again be there for them. Beach takes it."

Slammers Koge vs FC Dallas-- "Honestly FC Dallas is not the team they were but still dangerous. Not sure Koge will be at full strength making this game a closer one. Game to Slammers Koge."

Real Colorado National vs Solar-- "This is more like a round of 4 match. This match could have it all, just to early. Game to Real Colorado National"

Crossfire vs Sporting Blue Valley-- "Another close match with great potential to be a gritty low scoring affair. Crossfire wins this one."

Round of 4

Beach vs Slammers Koge-- "Both teams will be bringing players from their 04 teams to bolster their rosters. It will be a contest of differing styles of play and coaching. The pace will be blistering with both sides determined to prove their mettle. In the end it will be a sanguinary battle. Beach (by the smallest of fractions and with a lot of luck). Though I stand to eat my words."

Real Colorado National vs Crossfire-- "This will be a fun match to watch and possibly a bit more open than the other semi-final. The styles of play will complement each other adding to the attraction of the game. Real Colorado National takes this match."

Final

Beach vs Real Colorado National-- "This team (RCN) has been priming itself for the last two years. The styles match up well, but Real's is more complete at this moment. They will finish on their chances and not waste them. Beach needs another year to maximize their potential and will have the quality/depth coming to them for next year. Victory to Real Colorado National."

U16
Round of 8

Solar vs PDA Blue-- "Another one of those games that is to early. Solar are impressive in so many ways. Should be a quality match but no matter the angle Solar comes out on top here."

SLSG vs Slammers Koge-- "Koge will play direct and will try to keep SLSG in their half of the field forcing them to make mistakes. As well as switching the ball across the field to create 1:1 breakaways. SLSG did well to finish Legends off but I cannot see this happening here. Slammers Koge for the win."

Internationals SC vs FC Dallas-- "Watched FC Dallas against NC Courage and well it felt like a scene from a John Wick movie. FC Dallas plays with pace and uses their athleticism to break through their opponents. International will struggle to contain them. FC Dallas it is."

Colorado Rapids vs Ohio Premier-- "Ohio lost a game in pool play against a formidable FC Dallas and fired off three victories in a row. The Colorado Rapids did their best to get themselves this far by bouncing back from the game 1 lose and upsetting Surf, but that run ends here.

Round of 4

Solar vs Slammer Koge-- "Like them or not. Like the way they play or not. What Solar does it does well and no one does it better. Both teams match up in so many ways, but Solar is different. Koge is a collective of players that work well with one another and know what they have to do to win a game of this depth. Yet, they will fall short here.

FC Dallas vs Ohio Premier-- "The young ladies from Dallas will prevail and move on to the finals."

Final

Solar vs FC Dallas-- "The final no one but Texas wants to see. It will be a match of pace and ferocity, therefore the way that each of these opponents plays the game will not matter. The victor will rely on pure determination. Solar takes it."

Last edited:
A few years ago I use to break down the teams for National Cup. I do not watch as many games as I use to being in a closed league for the last 4 years. But, here are my picks for the ECNL Round of 8, 4, and the Finals for U17 and U16. Please note that these are opinions based on anecdotal details/observations, some statistical analysis and watching most of these teams over the course of two years (some longer) and a hint of BS. Enjoy.

U17
Round of 8

Beach vs Richmond United-- "With tough Socal competition and droppping a game against Davis I don't see them doing it again at this stage. If they dont next year will again be there for them. Beach takes it."

Slammers Koge vs FC Dallas-- "Honestly FC Dallas is not the team they were but still dangerous. Not sure Koge will be at full strength making this game a closer one. Game to Slammers Koge."

Real Colorado National vs Solar-- "This is more like a round of 4 match. This match could have it all, just to early. Game to Real Colorado National"

Crossfire vs Sporting Blue Valley-- "Another close match with great potential to be a gritty low scoring affair. Crossfire wins this one."

Round of 4

Beach vs Slammers Koge-- "Both teams will be bringing players from their 04 teams to bolster their rosters. It will be a contest of differing styles of play and coaching. The pace will be blistering with both sides determined to prove their mettle. In the end it will be a sanguinary battle. Beach (by the smallest of fractions and with a lot of luck). Though I stand to eat my words."

Real Colorado National vs Crossfire-- "This will be a fun match to watch and possibly a bit more open than the other semi-final. The styles of play will complement each other adding to the attraction of the game. Real Colorado National takes this match."

Final

Beach vs Real Colorado National-- "This team (RCN) has been priming itself for the last two years. The styles match up well, but Real's is more complete at this moment. They will finish on their chances and not waste them. Beach needs another year to maximize their potential and will have the quality/depth coming to them for next year. Victory to Real Colorado National."

U16
Round of 8

Solar vs PDA Blue-- "Another one of those games that is to early. Solar are impressive in so many ways. Should be a quality match but no matter the angle Solar comes out on top here."

SLSG vs Slammers Koge-- "Koge will play direct and will try to keep SLSG in their half of the field forcing them to make mistakes. As well as switching the ball across the field to create 1:1 breakaways. SLSG did well to finish Legends off but I cannot see this happening here. Slammers Koge for the win."

Internationals SC vs FC Dallas-- "Watched FC Dallas against NC Courage and well it felt like a scene from a John Wick movie. FC Dallas plays with pace and uses their athleticism to break through their opponents. International will struggle to contain them. FC Dallas it is."

Colorado Rapids vs Ohio Premier-- "Ohio lost a game in pool play against a formidable FC Dallas and fired off three victories in a row. The Colorado Rapids did their best to get themselves this far by bouncing back from the game 1 lose and upsetting Surf, but that run ends here.

Round of 4

Solar vs Slammer Koge-- "Like them or not. Like the way they play or not. What Solar does it does well and no one does it better. Both teams match up in so many ways, but Solar is different. Koge is a collective of players that work well with one another and know what they have to do to win a game of this depth. Yet, they will fall short here.

FC Dallas vs Ohio Premier-- "The young ladies from Dallas will prevail and move on to the finals."

Final

Solar vs FC Dallas-- "The final no one but Texas wants to see. It will be a match of pace and ferocity, therefore the way that each of these opponents plays the game will not matter. The victor will rely on pure determination. Solar takes it."
U16 Results
Solar over PDA
SLSG over Koge
International over FC Dallas
Colorado over Ohio

U17
KOGE 1 VS FC DALLAS 2 FINAL RESULT
BEACH 4 VS RICHMOND 1 FINAL RESULT
REAL COLORADO 12 VS SOLAR 11 (PK'S) FINAL RESULT
SPORTING OVER CROSSFIRE (PK'S) FINAL RESULT

The mighty 2007 Solar team has also been eliminated in PK's by PDA. I am a bit shocked by this one!

PDA was down 4-2 with about 15 to play. Two quick goals tied it up 4-4. Straight to PK’s. PK’s were 3-3, Solar missed its 4th PK. PDA made its 4th to go up 4-3. Solar missed again. PDA won shootout 4-3.

Wow! SLSG 4 to 1 over Solar! And Colorado pounding International. This is cool to see two teams emerge like this to the final.

Wow! SLSG 4 to 1 over Solar!
This is cool to see two teams emerge like this to the final.

I'm not familiar with U16 Solar.
Never saw them play.

What I can say and vouch for is, SLSG is no joke.
Being from the California area I'm guessing, many aren't familiar with SLSG.
That U16 team is legit.
For anyone to think they wouldn't get far or are surprised that they beat a "brand" team
is pretty insulting.
This isn't an attack on anyone here.
So please, no one take offense to that comment.

Been playing against them since U13 and all I can say is they grew stronger and stronger as they got older.
That team is NO JOKE.
All from the midwest will tell you that U16 team is the real deal.

Whether they win the final or not, who knows.
Sometimes the better team doesn't win.

But SLSG is legit.

I'm not familiar with U16 Solar.
Never saw them play.

What I can say and vouch for is, SLSG is no joke.
Being from the California area I'm guessing, many aren't familiar with SLSG.
That U16 team is legit.
For anyone to think they wouldn't get far or are surprised that they beat a "brand" team
is pretty insulting.
This isn't an attack on anyone here.
So please, no one take offense to that comment.

Been playing against them since U13 and all I can say is they grew stronger and stronger as they got older.
That team is NO JOKE.
All from the midwest will tell you that U16 team is the real deal.

Whether they win the final or not, who knows.
Sometimes the better team doesn't win.

But SLSG is legit.
Saw them play Legends hard to tell where they stood in that one. Same for Colorado. Feels like both teams really gained the momentum they needed to showcase there true character.

Back