D1 college soccer under threat

The EU leagues that pay about as much as Starbucks does...
They can attend university and get paid. They also get the experience of living abroad.
Can you name any college programs that allow their student athletes to study abroad extensively and get paid for playing soccer?

They can attend university and get paid. They also get the experience of living abroad.
Can you name any college programs that allow their student athletes to study abroad extensively and get paid for playing soccer?

The out of pocket cost for the 0.01 percent that would be able to do that would be huge. But you keep on keeping the dream alive. I guess somebody has to do it.

The out of pocket cost for the 0.01 percent that would be able to do that would be huge. But you keep on keeping the dream alive. I guess somebody has to do it.
You don’t know what you are talking about. Depending on how it’s done, it could definitely be cheaper than attending a school like Pepperdine or USD for example. It’s just another options that families should explore.

Pepperdine-53k;
Oxford-12k

You don’t know what you are talking about. Depending on how it’s done, it could definitely be cheaper than attending a school like Pepperdine or USD for example. It’s just another options that families should explore.

Pepperdine-53k;
Oxford-12k
You're right. Your model is MUCH better that playing collage soccer in the US. And then they will be able to say they are "pro" soccer players.... Being that there are just as many "pro" women's team in Europe compared the the number of collages in the US... SMH.

You're right. Your model is MUCH better that playing collage soccer in the US. And then they will be able to say they are "pro" soccer players.... Being that there are just as many "pro" women's team in Europe compared the the number of collages in the US... SMH.
Now you’re throwing a tantrum and distorting the facts. I said it’s an alternate approach that should be considered. I never said it was MUCH better. New options recently came available to many families, are you suggesting that they shouldn’t consider ALL of their options including those abroad?

Now you’re throwing a tantrum and distorting the facts. I said it’s an alternate approach that should be considered. I never said it was MUCH better. New options recently came available to many families, are you suggesting that they shouldn’t consider ALL of their options including those abroad?
Like I said man... Keep living the "pro" dream. Someone has to do it.

Wow D2 fall sports suspended:
CCAA SUSPENDS NCAA COMPETITION FOR FALL 2020

Will D3 or D1 follow? the UC system maybe next
Seems like a quick and rash decision preceded by the CSU announcement! IMO the CSU system will go bankrupt on enrollment issues alone with this model! I wonder how leagues with many privates react like WCC and PacWest

Because MacDre is a International Multicultural Mac capable of campaigning straight laced G-A-M-E on multiple continents. Come on coach, wake your game up and learn about how Mac’s do it up in the Bay!
I also thought we all agreed that my kid went experimental and not pro.

I guess what I’m saying is that there have been recent changes in the law that will require another modification to the Home Nations Agreement or in the alternative adopting a broad definition of grandparent to include great grandparents. In the alternative, my kid would also qualify to represent any UK team of her choice since her citizenship is through the Bahamas and the Bahamas is no longer part of the UK but still under Queen Elizabeth.

In regards to Nova Scotia, I have not looked into to it but my wife has close family ties. However, if she can get Canadian citizenship FIFA only has a 2 year residency requirement.
You have mad game for sure.. but your hopes of citizenship v fifa law following your desires are mad too. Experimental or pro.. Porsche or porsh you choose.. glad to see you

When did you become Blatter... just curious.

No, Blatter was shady. I just understand how to read the law and statues. I am making people aware of recent developments in the law that may benefit their families. I only made the information available after specific questions were asked. Coach, would you let your kid go to Oxford for 12k per year (12k x 3yrs = 36k)?
Coach, keeping info from the peeps is shady!

My DD goes to SDSU and received notice that most classes will be online in the fall. Some programs will have in-person classes. She is in the kinesiology-athletic trainer program and was told they will more than likely have in-person classes, because they go through a lot of hands on training during their senior year. Hopefully they still have some D1 sports, so she gets to work on the athletes and not just her classmates. She will be working with SDSU and USD athletes, which are both D1 schools. She is really bummed because she was supposed to have a summer internship with the San Diego Padres. She and her friends in the K-AT program are not big fans of the online classes. Some of the professors are good at the online instruction, but most absolutely sucked. The good thing is that she is organized and motivated and has always done well in online classes.

No, Blatter was shady. I just understand how to read the law and statues. I am making people aware of recent developments in the law that may benefit their families. I only made the information available after specific questions were asked. Coach, would you let your kid go to Oxford for 12k per year (12k x 3yrs = 36k)?
Coach, keeping info from the peeps is shady!
I have never withheld info from my players. As a matter of fact we go into detail of eligibility, testing dates, Fafsa, and social media on a consistent basis. We arE having one on ones with player and parent via zoom.

I would let my kid go to Oxford. The question is does the kid want to go to Oxford. You see his path is not for me to choose. I only guide. He even chose his high school.

Surfref: We have two family friends that went through the SDSU program. They both loved it and have awesome jobs now (well not now now but in the real world). One worked with w soccer and loved it (said the head trainer for w soccer is awesome and helpful and the coaching staff is the best on campus). The other worked with water polo and baseball.
congrats to you. We got to hear for years how much they loved it. Hope she can get close to a full experience.

Seems like a quick and rash decision preceded by the CSU announcement! IMO the CSU system will go bankrupt on enrollment issues alone with this model! I wonder how leagues with many privates react like WCC and PacWest

This is what happens when the blind lead the blind, or the lunatics run the asylum. Take your pick. Very sad. It’s very unfortunate. I heard somebody float the idea the other day that this may push a lot of kids to defer enrollment if they can and go the JC route to start. If classes are remote, and online I would be in favor of this for my kids for some of their Frosh Gen Ed courses if they were in this spot. $$$$ is gonna get really tight at some of the smaller, less endowed universities.

This is what happens when the blind lead the blind, or the lunatics run the asylum. Take your pick. Very sad. It’s very unfortunate. I heard somebody float the idea the other day that this may push a lot of kids to defer enrollment if they can and go the JC route to start.

My player is class of 2021. A gap year may be in the new normal (hate that term) for my player. Let them play u19 club one more year and get a year of cores out of the way at community College. He is a young 03 any way

USD announced today that they plan to have students on campus for classes in the fall. They also plan to have their D1 sports. We also have a friend who is on the PLNU faculty. She said they are planning to have students on campus for classes. She didn’t know about sports. Both are expensive private universities.

USD announced today that they plan to have students on campus for classes in the fall. They also plan to have their D1 sports. We also have a friend who is on the PLNU faculty. She said they are planning to have students on campus for classes. She didn’t know about sports. Both are expensive private universities.

Our USD friend told us they plan to start 2-3 weeks earlier in mid August and have on campus testing. Will offer online where you can alternate between the two, have fewer students in the dorms.

San Diego State even though Cal states will be online plan on having fall sport last heard, since their D1 the CCAA suspension doesn't apply.

Back