D1 college soccer under threat

Came on to the scene? Like the forum scenes is this a joke.
Welcome to socal soccer forum. 34 days is good. No joke. I came on here back in 2013 and stayed until 2015 when the two clubs my kid played for told me no posting on the forum or else. I can do whatever I want now. What club you from?

Welcome to socal soccer forum. 34 days is good. No joke. I came on here back in 2013 and stayed until 2015 when the two clubs my kid played for told me no posting on the forum or else. I can do whatever I want now. What club you from?
A club telling parents not to post on the forums is a classic tell that it is time to look for a new club. What club told you that?

You know you have been on the forum a long time when you can remember when members ran onto fields making scenes and other members heckling kids IRL from behind goals. Good times, back in the day!!! Things are so tame now.

App State cancelled their Men's program and the NCAA recruiting period has extended its dark period to July 31. No campus visits.. I wonder how that affects University ID camps.

App State cancelled their Men's program and the NCAA recruiting period has extended its dark period to July 31. No campus visits.. I wonder how that affects University ID camps.
It means no campus visit meetings with coaches. So no ID camps during that period. The coaches cannot meet with a prospect in person on or off campus, and they cannot go out and scout games. Basically they can call, text, and email but no in person interaction.

3 more smaller universities cut soccer but not much news on the D1's but USC

With football season up in the air have to wonder about soccer now, will that get moved or rescheduled somehow?

Based on what Harvard, Princeton and Yale are doing, fall athletics in the Ivy League seem almost impossible at this point.

From the Harvard site:
We anticipate that the Ivy League will issue a decision on July 8 about fall sports competitions and training. Even in the absence of this guidance, we acknowledge that our medium density plan will necessarily place limits on what athletic activities are possible at Harvard this fall.

Stanford dropping 11 sports, but not soccer

The school will discontinue men’s and women’s fencing, field hockey, lightweight rowing, men’s rowing, co-ed and women’s sailing, squash, synchronized swimming, men’s volleyball and wrestling after the 2020-21 academic year. Stanford also is eliminating 20 support staff positions.

The school will discontinue men’s and women’s fencing, field hockey, lightweight rowing, men’s rowing, co-ed and women’s sailing, squash, synchronized swimming, men’s volleyball and wrestling after the 2020-21 academic year. Stanford also is eliminating 20 support staff positions.

I saw that this morning! Crazy. Wonder what will happen to all those athletic scholarships after 2021.

How shortsighted - we will never win another Olympic medal in synchronized swimming.

I heard they were honoring the existing scholarships and also assisting in the placement if the athlete wants to transfer. Is that what you mean?
Big Ten only playing conference games in football. That means the MAC conference, for instance, just lost over 10 games at Big Ten schools that pay mid six figures each. The MAC schools will now have to begin cutting sports. Dominoes, unfortunately, are falling.

Back