D1 college soccer under threat

My dd had a call with her team today. They are still on track to have on campus classes and a soccer season. Likely will split the CAA conference into two pods (North and South). Play home and away within the pod and have a mini tourney among the top for teams. Also non conference games will be more regional this year since no one is flying. Social distancing and cleaning protocols will be put in place for locker room, training room and weight room. Target is normal 8/3 report date but they are seeing if they could get the team together earlier. She said the coach is more optomistic that the season will occur.

My dd had a call with her team today. They are still on track to have on campus classes and a soccer season. Likely will split the CAA conference into two pods (North and South). Play home and away within the pod and have a mini tourney among the top for teams. Also non conference games will be more regional this year since no one is flying. Social distancing and cleaning protocols will be put in place for locker room, training room and weight room. Target is normal 8/3 report date but they are seeing if they could get the team together earlier. She said the coach is more optomistic that the season will occur.

I can't remember if I read this in an NCAA release or just heard it through the grapevine but w/cancellation of spring, it would seem that reporting/training as a team prior to August may be authorized (obviously there will be specific guidance on that).

I hope that there is a (safe) fall season.

No, Blatter was shady. I just understand how to read the law and statues. I am making people aware of recent developments in the law that may benefit their families. I only made the information available after specific questions were asked. Coach, would you let your kid go to Oxford for 12k per year (12k x 3yrs = 36k)?
Coach, keeping info from the peeps is shady!

I'd pay $12k a year for my daughter to go to Oxford.

Macdre has labeled college soccer as useless and it should be a club sport. Just a different view.

It's nice to see soccertoday publishing something besides soccer club press releases, but this one seems to be pretty empty on examination. The coach sold Dianne an exciting story about a D3 team with an 8-8-2 record.

It's nice to see soccertoday publishing something besides soccer club press releases, but this one seems to be pretty empty on examination. The coach sold Dianne an exciting story about a D3 team with an 8-8-2 record.
I liked it. Nothing wrong with some some cotton candy articles to life everyone’s mood.

Nothing wrong with playing D3 soccer either.. it is a next level..

Our USD friend told us they plan to start 2-3 weeks earlier in mid August and have on campus testing. Will offer online where you can alternate between the two, have fewer students in the dorms.

San Diego State even though Cal states will be online plan on having fall sport last heard, since their D1 the CCAA suspension doesn't apply.
Hard to justify paying 50-60 thousand to have classes on line. Crazy times. Living in the dorm freshman year was the most fun of all four years. Sad for the kids who won't have a chance to experience that.

Makes zero sense to pay big money for online courses.
Hey maybe they can put cameras up in the empty dorms. And that way when the kids are done with online classes, they can "check in" to their dorm room virtually ;)

It does suck for sure. And no terribly good reason to pay a lot of money for online courses to some far away uni when you can save cash closer to home at a uni or do the cc route for some of the freshman/soph filler/required classes.

This is cool to hear.... with common sense we can get back to sports soon..... g luck to your DD in her FR year!

As real as it gets homeboy. College soccer is the pinnacle of rich kid entitlement. The USWNT is the pinnacle to success loser. If your kid doesn’t make it, it’s time to move on to something that you’re are talented in.
Receiving the second place trophy of college soccer while pretending that they are soccer players instead of focusing on education and career is the pinnacle of stupidity my friend.

I asked a Power 5 coach what he hated most about his job. His response was all the spoiled entitled young adults that they have to bench for the first time because their parents financed the lie that they were legit soccer players.

If you’re concerned about relationships, I think you’ll have more opportunities for relationships by playing club and joining a sorority/fraternity.
Lol ... then tell me what women besides the .001 percent (National Team). Make any type of career playing pro soccer. I will wait. To the person who said college is a fake pinnacle ... I would be stoked if my kid was playing at that high of a level and also getting education paid for.

At least "Macdre the troll" has been around when I came on the scene back in July. This guy just signed up to be a member of the socal forum. You guys, this is a great debate about the top 2% of the US soccer players and should they be lobbied and sold college. We can't have little Sally or Timmy digging a ditch for a living. Man or man, we need Mike Rowe to help some of you. So much we have to change here. College or bust and most parents live their lives in fear that their kid will become a ditch digger. Learn how to juggle a soccer ball and get into a great school. OK!!!
Came on to the scene? Like the forum scenes is this a joke.

Lol ... then tell me what women besides the .001 percent (National Team). Make any type of career playing pro soccer. I will wait. To the person who said college is a fake pinnacle ... I would be stoked if my kid was playing at that high of a level and also getting education paid for.

It's not playing pro that makes the living, it's the coaching jobs afterward.

Back