CERRITOS W. SOCCER Coaches - Sexual Harassment

Why are you wasting your time posting this on Instagram and a soccer forum? This is what the national safe sport site is for. Since the gymnastic coach abuse broke out there are laws to provide protection (Safe Sport Act). Yes, this is for minors but if he is coaching high school then it applies. There is a system in place to place complaints and get coaches listed on a public site and suspended from coaching for things like this. Also, a complaint should be filed with the college about sexual harassment. I am assuming everyone on this site knows all of this but I don't know why no one has suggested this. There are very strict laws and policies at colleges around all of this. It is time to speak up and take action. If you have evidence of this abuse or know the victims they need to come forward and file complaints. You can file a complaint at UScenterforsafesport.org . You can also pull up the data base on all the scumbag coaches that have allegations or convictions and suspensions from coaching. You can also go to this website to learn about your rights and get resources (Trusted Advisor Abuse: http://www.complaintweb.trauma-informed-california.org/
Dom, this forum would be greatly improved if it had a permanent section with links to things like this concerning player safety and gender equity laws like:

Kicker, I told you my reading is poor and my comprehension of what I read is horrible so cut me some slack and show some compassion for my handicaps. It's hard to talk with a guy who is always right and his life is better than my life. As long as you beat me Kicker you win in life....lol!! Have you figured out yet what this has really been all about the last 4 years in socal soccer? GDA biz? This is all getting fixed finally. EQUAL ACCESS to soccer Kicker. It's on bro and I can;t wait to see all the changes for all the players. Merit based soccer, not pay per play. Ketchup Popsicle sold to my dd bro was so low and I will never forget that :) I forgive you so let's just move on and make it fun on here with takes and disagreements. High School soccer is looking better and better by the day. How's the squad look?
Sorry, you lost me with this....no idea how any of what you say above is relevant to the discussion.

We need to do a better job taking care of our own Kids even if it means missing out on a great team. Coaches that harras and berate kids have no place in this world. I’ve seen this for too long and parents do nothing. Some of you might remember J.O when all parents wanted their kids to be coached by him. He is an example of the type of coach that walked like he was untouchable.
Couldn't agree more, sadly a majority of parents do not exercise that right by putting their children first.

Even from a perspective as a "consumer" we need to flex our strength and spend our money where the product is good all around and stop accepting the excuse of "It is what it is..."

Couldn't agree more, sadly a majority of parents do not exercise that right by putting their children first.

Even from a perspective as a "consumer" we need to flex our strength and spend our money where the product is good all around and stop accepting the excuse of "It is what it is..."
I’ve said it a hundred times. Do not put the level/pathway/connections/league/trophies/jersey etc etc above the wellbeing of your kid.

Before joining any team or soccer program, go and watch a coach ‘coaching’. Watch closely and listen to him/her interacting with players. If you can, talk to players/parents who are currently being coached by that person and have previously been coached by that person. Maybe even cut.

If you do all of that and the signs are good, you’ve done your due diligence and the likelihood is that your son or daughter will be in solid hands.

Finally, repeat the above due diligence at regular intervals. People can (and do) change over time. As people (and especially as coaches) we need to understand that we are constantly being assessed; that’s how we improve. Any coach who isn’t comfortable being put under the microscope a little, maybe isn’t right for your son or daughter.

Do not put the level/pathway/connections/league/trophies/jersey etc etc above the wellbeing of your kid.

Thank you for this Paul. This is the single most important thing that parents need to know when getting into club soccer. Your kid does not magically become a better or worse person depending on their team's record. My kid's favorite coach (and mine too, I suppose) was the one who gave the halftime talk of having some empathy for the team they were thrashing, because "remember when you were getting blown out and how that felt".

I always tell people not to bother with doing those club-wide tryouts. You don't get to see a coach really in action. Give the coach a call a couple of weeks later and ask to be part of a few practices, because oops we made the mistake of being out of town for tryouts. They won't have their roster set that early anyways, and you'll get to see how they really work.

Hi All,
This is a story that has been surfacing the past 48 hours. This story contains my experiences there a collegiate athlete and so many other young women’s story who have been affected by the actions of these coaches. I hope you all can find time to watch this story and visit my Instagram for more updates and how all the girls stories who have reached out to me to share their story. We deserve justice from these coaches who also have affiliations with high school coaching jobs, and major club teams.
instagram:
@asshweee

You are incredibly brave and I thank you for sharing this. I have a 17 yo female player and a husband that was in LE who doesn't trust too many people. For the most part ppl are good but as you experienced not always. As she has college aspirations this was a very good post to share with her and we read and discussed many of the points raised by many of the posters. You helped her by coming forward and we will continue to share your story with the other players. Power on young lady we will be cheering you on!

Bahram Hojreh told players on the University High School girls water polo team and their parents that if they bought into his philosophy, followed his every instruction he would coach them to a college scholarship even the Olympic Games.

These Docs and coaches hold the power of what so many want. I was told similar things from a couple big time coaches who said basically the promise land is through them and them only. The middleman with the relationships. They had the keys to the kingdom.

And that is why coaches must be held responsible for what happens with their team. If they want the power and control then they have to also have the responsibility

And that is why coaches must be held responsible for what happens with their team. If they want the power and control then they have to also have the responsibility
This topic went silent which is surprising to me. Therefore, I googled it and I see the school posted a simple short letter than many of the allegations against the coaches were substantiated. The title IX administrator quit. A letter supporting the coaches was found to have forged signatures. Most of the coaches in the allegations are off the Cerritos website (except the head coach). However, even a cursory use of google shows that some of the coaches in the investigation are STILL coaching club and high school (some for prominent clubs and schools). How is this ok?

This topic went silent which is surprising to me. Therefore, I googled it and I see the school posted a simple short letter than many of the allegations against the coaches were substantiated. The title IX administrator quit. A letter supporting the coaches was found to have forged signatures. Most of the coaches in the allegations are off the Cerritos website (except the head coach). However, even a cursory use of google shows that some of the coaches in the investigation are STILL coaching club and high school (some for prominent clubs and schools). How is this ok?
To be clearer, unfortunately, only 5% at most of the information on this forum is useful or interesting. 95% of it is the same people posting who either need serious mental assistance or are big Andy Kaufman fans. This topic was a serious post that should concern us all-- coaches taking advantage of players. Yet, it completely dropped off the radar. These are the kinds of stories that this forum should focus on. Everyone on this forum complains about the power certain people and/or entities have over soccer. Yet, when those people and/or groups apparently are involved in criminal conduct...... nothing but silence. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"-- Edmund Burke.

Maybe if this thread was so important to you, then you should have kept it alive. Keep your sanctimonious crap to your self.
I did raise it again. Interesting that I'm raising an issue about substantiated claims of abuse of young women and you attack me as sanctimonious. For somebody protecting sexual predators, what does that make you? One of them or friends with them? Sleep well protecting predators scumbag.

I did raise it again. Interesting that I'm raising an issue about substantiated claims of abuse of young women and you attack me as sanctimonious. For somebody protecting sexual predators, what does that make you? One of them or friends with them? Sleep well protecting predators scumbag.
chastising people then expecting them to follow your lead usually doesn't work. It is serious and nobody is on board with it. Build bridges not walls

chastising people then expecting them to follow your lead usually doesn't work. It is serious and nobody is on board with it. Build bridges not walls
He attacked me for raising an issue. This thread is about male coaches acting as predators and getting away with it. The two of you quote Stripes. If you cannot see that quoting stripes in this context is absolutely bizarre and uncalled for, you are a lost cause. I, incorrectly, assumed that stopping predators was something this forum could agree on. Apparently some people will defend predators and/or use it as a time to quote funny movies.

Threads run a natural course and this one died a natural death 8 months ago. You are welcome to defend your DD any way that you want. but don't try to shame the rest of us into joining your crusade. There are only so many things that I can be outraged about per day.

"We interrupt this program to annoy you and make things generally more irritating."

He attacked me for raising an issue. This thread is about male coaches acting as predators and getting away with it. The two of you quote Stripes. If you cannot see that quoting stripes in this context is absolutely bizarre and uncalled for, you are a lost cause. I, incorrectly, assumed that stopping predators was something this forum could agree on. Apparently some people will defend predators and/or use it as a time to quote funny movies.
first never assume. nobody is defending predators you are being a drama queen. I think this thread should be postponed until the posters are better rested

This came out last year and unfortunately it appears that cal Berkeley is not the only school with this type of behavior. I recently learned through a friend that another D1 school has a head coach that will verbally attack and text players when they make a big mistake in the game. The player also gets singled out during the following week. Why do some allow coaches to berate our daughters? Suck it up? You will become a better person? Don’t just blame the coach but blame yourself if you are setting a precedent with your player.

Back