CERRITOS W. SOCCER Coaches - Sexual Harassment

Why are you wasting your time posting this on Instagram and a soccer forum? This is what the national safe sport site is for. Since the gymnastic coach abuse broke out there are laws to provide protection (Safe Sport Act). Yes, this is for minors but if he is coaching high school then it applies. There is a system in place to place complaints and get coaches listed on a public site and suspended from coaching for things like this. Also, a complaint should be filed with the college about sexual harassment. I am assuming everyone on this site knows all of this but I don't know why no one has suggested this. There are very strict laws and policies at colleges around all of this. It is time to speak up and take action. If you have evidence of this abuse or know the victims they need to come forward and file complaints. You can file a complaint at UScenterforsafesport.org . You can also pull up the data base on all the scumbag coaches that have allegations or convictions and suspensions from coaching. You can also go to this website to learn about your rights and get resources (Trusted Advisor Abuse: http://www.complaintweb.trauma-informed-california.org/
I'm grateful that she has posted this information here. Many of us come to this site for information and this is something that concerns everyone. I've never heard of the national safe sport site so thanks for that.

Thank you for coming forward Ash and please continue to stay strong.

I do agree with that, I am also glad that she posted this information here and it is a start. My point was, it isn't enough - victims need to seek formal process to put an end to this and these scumbags that have gotten away with this for years are put on notice and stopped. Enough is Enough

I do agree with that, I am also glad that she posted this information here and it is a start. My point was, it isn't enough - victims need to seek formal process to put an end to this and these scumbags that have gotten away with this for years are put on notice and stopped. Enough is Enough
"Why are you wasting your time posting this on Instagram and a soccer forum?"

You said it was a waste of time 43.........

Btw, for those that don't know, the Safe Sport Act is a law that was passed in 2017 and came about because of the US Gymnastics coach abuse. There is a very good documentary on Netflix called Athlete A about this.

He has a notorious rep. He has been on Admins and coaches radar for a long time. They all know keep kids away from him. It wasn’t from a sexual harassment standpoint but he does just about anything to recruit players. Most coaches and admins go about there business and ignore these shady types - they believe they will eventually dig their own grave. Yet, there are schools/clubs who welcome these types because they can get them players - doesn’t matter to them how they do it. All people have to go do is talk to ODP coaches, local College coaches, places he has worked to figure that out. You really only have to go to back to him using a player with modified birth certificate so he could recruit other players he wanted - that got him a state Cup. No real consequences from that or from other places allows these types to stay employed. See

Sorry you went through that. Hopefully with you standing up and telling the right people, this will get these predators out of places where they can continue to do these things. It is unfortunate the soccer (and it’s the same in other youth sports) system tends to bury these things. If you haven’t found an attorney, I suggest you do. Institutions (with deep pockets) tend to lawyer up and defend these people before admitting fault. They go after the victim and will find anything they can as ammo. I would at this time advise you not to post further. Not just because it puts you at legal risk, but also allows these people to gather more info they shouldn’t have. Law enforcement and any good attorney will advise you not to post...for now
I know everyone hates a lawyer until they need to defend or prosecute a case. Ash, you and your teammates should find a lawyer that specializes in Title ix type issues. The only way to effectuate change here is to make these schools understand the financial implications of allowing these types of people to stay in positions of power. We need these schools to proactively protect our children.

Btw, for those that don't know, the Safe Sport Act is a law that was passed in 2017 and came about because of the US Gymnastics coach abuse. There is a very good documentary on Netflix called Athlete A about this.
The latest season of the "30 for 30" podcast also looks into the abuse that happened within the US Gymnastics. I don't think they mentioned the Safe Sport Act but I could have missed it. It is 7 episodes - well worth a listen.

I know everyone hates a lawyer until they need to defend or prosecute a case. Ash, you and your teammates should find a lawyer that specializes in Title ix type issues. The only way to effectuate change here is to make these schools understand the financial implications of allowing these types of people to stay in positions of power. We need these schools to proactively protect our children.

So true, everybody hates Johnnie Cochran until they NEED Johnnie Cochran.

Apparently you have a problem reading past the 1st sentence.....
She could have had a quicker and similar result if she filed a complaint directly with the school. Women need to get educated, stop living in fear, take action, stand up for yourself and quit taking this crap. Apparently this been going on for years and years in multiple places and why is it that a coach suspended from Cal South is allowed to coach at a high school or anywhere for that matter. Good for the OP for being brave and taking action and publicizing all of this material so some action was finally taken. I hope all the other parents and players are encouraged by her actions.

Last edited:
So I decided to google this issue and there are now articles in local online newspapers. Here is what I don't understand. The head coach and BW had, and I'm trying to be careful here with my language, in their past been investigated and in trouble for what can at the least be defined as ethically concerning behavior. Then, the athletic director at Cerritos hires both of them to be in charge of young women. Then, a prominent Catholic High School puts them in charge or young men/boys. Do these athletic directors conduct any background investigations? Do they know how to use google? If the title IX rep at Cerritos failed to investigate the claims then I cannot even fathom how many people will, and should, lose their jobs.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE SAYING. How do these things become so over looked? How do we surpass multiple girls speaking out? How do we even trust an administration which failed to investigate more than one time? If the situation continuously arises how does everyone just say it’s not possible?!

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE SAYING. How do these things become so over looked? How do we surpass multiple girls speaking out? How do we even trust an administration which failed to investigate more than one time? If the situation continuously arises how does everyone just say it’s not possible?!
This was just shared with me.
Oops I see S43 posted it.

After looking at articles that are being posted I hope you continue to be the lead in this. The ladies that followed you at CC can use a voice which you certainly have stepped up to and accepted.

“Why are you wasting your time...... ?“ Let’s see.

- parents willing to put up with all the crap that coaches do to kids just to be on the team

-coaches acting like they are Demi-gods and can do whatever they want

As a parent of an 11 year old daughter, I don’t trust any coach regardless of their reputation. 90% are great coaches but you never know when you have one that falls in the 10% group.

We need to do a better job taking care of our own Kids even if it means missing out on a great team. Coaches that harras and berate kids have no place in this world. I’ve seen this for too long and parents do nothing. Some of you might remember J.O when all parents wanted their kids to be coached by him. He is an example of the type of coach that walked like he was untouchable.

Apparently you have a problem reading past the 1st sentence.....
Kicker, I told you my reading is poor and my comprehension of what I read is horrible so cut me some slack and show some compassion for my handicaps. It's hard to talk with a guy who is always right and his life is better than my life. As long as you beat me Kicker you win in life....lol!! Have you figured out yet what this has really been all about the last 4 years in socal soccer? GDA biz? This is all getting fixed finally. EQUAL ACCESS to soccer Kicker. It's on bro and I can;t wait to see all the changes for all the players. Merit based soccer, not pay per play. Ketchup Popsicle sold to my dd bro was so low and I will never forget that :) I forgive you so let's just move on and make it fun on here with takes and disagreements. High School soccer is looking better and better by the day. How's the squad look?

“Why are you wasting your time...... ?“ Let’s see.

- parents willing to put up with all the crap that coaches do to kids just to be on the team

-coaches acting like they are Demi-gods and can do whatever they want

As a parent of an 11 year old daughter, I don’t trust any coach regardless of their reputation. 90% are great coaches but you never know when you have one that falls in the 10% group.

We need to do a better job taking care of our own Kids even if it means missing out on a great team. Coaches that harras and berate kids have no place in this world. I’ve seen this for too long and parents do nothing. Some of you might remember J.O when all parents wanted their kids to be coached by him. He is an example of the type of coach that walked like he was untouchable.
"But they put so many girls to colleges"......said parents of Blues brothers

Back