Cactus Kick-off feedback

A WCFC kid I know said they had a great time. 11 goal differential in 4 games. Won the final 5-1 I think...so maybe their other games weren’t completely lopsided. He was stoked to play again and scored 2x.

The Cactus Kickoff was a great event and well played by all the soccer players (goats to some). Man, I didnt know someone would piss in my cornflakes at 2:53am and have such distain for Crush. Talk about soggy cereal in da morning. Anyway, soccer is a fun game to play and watch. No isolation wall soccer for my dd, only grass, players and teams to compete against. No juggle, no cones and no fake stick people. Just the game please, TY :)

The Cactus Kickoff was a great event and well played by all the soccer players (goats to some). Man, I didnt know someone would piss in my cornflakes at 2:53am and have such distain for Crush. Talk about soggy cereal in da morning. Anyway, soccer is a fun game to play and watch. No isolation wall soccer for my dd, only grass, players and teams to compete against. No juggle, no cones and no fake stick people. Just the game please, TY :)
Don't let it bother you. Part of these forums is having fun. Better than some of the name calling and bashing of both the left and the right.

Don't let it bother you. Part of these forums is having fun. Better than some of the name calling and bashing of both the left and the right.
No bother at all. This is fun in the sun for Crush and if we can all stay on soccer topics, goat talk, MLVA team is #1, ECNL is the best league, development vs actually playing a game and so many good and interesting topics we can focus on.

Dad: No way we can do Cactus Cup and scrimmages. Sorry honey
DD: Please dad, I haven't played a game in 8 months
Dad: Let me think about it
DD: I wont spend any money. I think it's important for____________________________________________________. Please dad
Dad: OK, but it's not______________________________________________________________________.
DD: Do we get a medal if we win?
Dad: Yes

Imagine that.............

Crush is here to only talk about soccer. Cactus Kickoff was like, "woaaaah dude" and I was like, "woaaaah" and so many smiles on da kids faces. Reckless? Nah. Each squad is different folks and have different reasons to get in some games. It was most righteous time and pure fun. Let's not mistake someone's perception of playing all the minutes in all the 4 games, 70 minutes in 104 temp. Play half game each and so it's like only playing two games really. Northern AZ was there as were some other colleges. That is a very nice campus. I was most impressed with how hard everyone worked. The girls from AZ were tough and gave us all we could handle. My dd told me how much she missed playing and how she has a much deeper appreciation for how hard it is to find a real soccer game to actually play these days. I say get while you can and for some, playing in a few games is worth the 5 hour drive. LA, 6 and half....lol.

You are one whacked out dude!! But, you do crack me up.

You are one whacked out dude!! But, you do crack me up.
Straight jacket? Man, I had no idea third person was wrong and all those feelings I guess that gives people. I'm super sorry. I'm seeking sage advice from one of the Elders of the forum to get his feed back. I dont want to make people stay up past 2am imagining my conversations I have with my dd about soccer. Now, that is disturbing to me but I disturb folks too so were all messed up?

Straight jacket? Man, I had no idea third person was wrong and all those feelings I guess that gives people. I'm super sorry. I'm seeking sage advice from one of the Elders of the forum to get his feed back. I dont want to make people stay up past 2am imagining my conversations I have with my dd about soccer. Now, that is disturbing to me but I disturb folks too so were all messed up?
If y’all need new straightjackets, my tailor makes some pretty sharp looking ones. He’s a little busy making masks right now, but I’m sure he could help you out.

If y’all need new straightjackets, my tailor makes some pretty sharp looking ones. He’s a little busy making masks right now, but I’m sure he could help you out.
I dont need one but I'm sure some would say I do. When I stuttered in grade school they gave two choices my mom said. Go to some mute or cant speak special school in Santa Ana or sink or swim in regular school. I tried to swim up stream and failed was going to sink but sports saved me. Sports kept me going all those years dealing with some educators who said I was stupid because I stuttered.

so back to the topic..

how was eating/hanging out as a team after/between games? any recommendations for team meals(places that take large groups) or ways to "legally" do it(shopping and having a picnic by the pool?) for future AZ tourneys? not sure how different it is out there than in socal

so back to the topic..

how was eating/hanging out as a team after/between games? any recommendations for team meals(places that take large groups) or ways to "legally" do it(shopping and having a picnic by the pool?) for future AZ tourneys? not sure how different it is out there than in socal
No hanging out is my advice until things are better. Eating out we cant afford so we just went to local grocery store and picked up heathy food. I was told no hang outs and that was the case and food places seemed to be more on take out side. I feel it's the right thing to do coming to AZ. Always wear a mask and follow the rules regardless of what others do.

No hanging out is my advice until things are better. Eating out we cant afford so we just went to local grocery store and picked up heathy food. I was told no hang outs and that was the case and food places seemed to be more on take out side. I feel it's the right thing to do coming to AZ. Always wear a mask and follow the rules regardless of what others do.
Everything is basically open in AZ. With temps cooling down, outdoor dining will become more pleasant. Desert Ridge is right down the street from Reach, plenty of places to eat, indoors and outdoors. Glad you enjoyed your time and thanks for coming!

So how did you kill time between games? video games and/or homework at the hotel?

So how did you kill time between games? video games and/or homework at the hotel?
Great question. Played 5:30 Friday evening. Went back to air b n b and then go to sleep. Drink lots of water and electrolyte type drinks. Eat super healthy. Wake up and go to 11:30am game in the heat. Go back to place and eat and rest for the next game at 3:30 when it's actually hotter in the day for some reason in AZ. After that game, go back to place and wait to see if we made it to the finals the next day. We were tied and the other team had to win 4-0 to be rewarded Sundays final at 2pm. I will be honest. I didnt give a hoot and preferred to leave at 4am Sunday morning. We found out at 8pm that we were in da finals. Sleep and wake up late for breakfast and then go try and play. We have a large roster and like I said before, this was not a must win, just warm up for ECNL League. All girls played half of each half if that makes any sense to you. 35 minutes halves so 15 minuets each for most.

Everything is basically open in AZ. With temps cooling down, outdoor dining will become more pleasant. Desert Ridge is right down the street from Reach, plenty of places to eat, indoors and outdoors. Glad you enjoyed your time and thanks for coming!
Yea .. november is prime patio season. Plenty of options at Desert Ridge and likely the hotels will have patios open as well. Always liked Patio better and with the covid outside is way better than inside.

Great question. Played 5:30 Friday evening. Went back to air b n b and then go to sleep. Drink lots of water and electrolyte type drinks. Eat super healthy. Wake up and go to 11:30am game in the heat. Go back to place and eat and rest for the next game at 3:30 when it's actually hotter in the day for some reason in AZ. After that game, go back to place and wait to see if we made it to the finals the next day. We were tied and the other team had to win 4-0 to be rewarded Sundays final at 2pm. I will be honest. I didnt give a hoot and preferred to leave at 4am Sunday morning. We found out at 8pm that we were in da finals. Sleep and wake up late for breakfast and then go try and play. We have a large roster and like I said before, this was not a must win, just warm up for ECNL League. All girls played half of each half if that makes any sense to you. 35 minutes halves so 15 minuets each for most.

We played Friday Evening, Saturday morning, and Saturday midday. Just Soccer fields and hotel until after the second game Saturday. We already know we were in the finals Sunday afternoon, so the team hung out at the pool for a few hours Saturday evening. No meals together for us, but still some good team bonding after the 1st 3 games.

[/QUOTE]
look at the scores from so cal teams in all the brackets......waste of a weekend IMO
Strikers 07 ECNL tied RSL 07 DPL (2nd team) Sunday morning, and then Strikers beat them 1-0 in the championship when the RSL team played without 2 starters for most of the game due to injury and had a 3rd starter playing injured.
Strikers 04 ECNL tied RSL DPL and only beat a APL team 1-0 in the championship. Doesn't sound like a waste of a weekend to me...

Strikers 07 ECNL tied RSL 07 DPL (2nd team) Sunday morning, and then Strikers beat them 1-0 in the championship when the RSL team played without 2 starters for most of the game due to injury and had a 3rd starter playing injured.
Strikers 04 ECNL tied RSL DPL and only beat a APL team 1-0 in the championship. Doesn't sound like a waste of a weekend to me...
[/QUOTE]
It was not a waste of time and all those DPL teams showed up and gave ECNL team with a target on their back a good push. I liked the pressure for all the girls. It's only been 8 months since the girls actually were allowed to play in SoCal. It was a win win all around. You will always have negative people around. I was very impressed with DPL teams. In fact, who the heck cares if it's ECNL, GA, DPL, ECRL and so on and so on. I used to care, but now I dont. I got woke and humbled all in one year :) I swear, these are just girls wanting to ball and play soccer with their friends. The joy on my dd face driving 5 hours to find a game was cool and fun all in one. Escaping fear for a real game is what makes one a true champion :)

[/QUOTE]
Hope those injured players get better fast.

It was not a waste of time and all those DPL teams showed up and gave ECNL team with a target on their back a good push. I liked the pressure for all the girls. It's only been 8 months since the girls actually were allowed to play in SoCal. It was a win win all around. You will always have negative people around. I was very impressed with DPL teams. In fact, who the heck cares if it's ECNL, GA, DPL, ECRL and so on and so on. I used to care, but now I dont. I got woke and humbled all in one year :) I swear, these are just girls wanting to ball and play soccer with their friends. The joy on my dd face driving 5 hours to find a game was cool and fun all in one. Escaping fear for a real game is what makes one a true champion :)
[/QUOTE]

I'm glad fun was had by all and that the trip was worthwhile. The 07 girls age group in AZ is in a good spot, strong across multiple clubs and looks to be specifically strong and deep at RSL. Good for them. RSL is a big club and has the depth to field competitive teams in the state leagues and the GA.

I'm glad fun was had by all and that the trip was worthwhile. The 07 girls age group in AZ is in a good spot, strong across multiple clubs and looks to be specifically strong and deep at RSL. Good for them. RSL is a big club and has the depth to field competitive teams in the state leagues and the GA.
[/QUOTE]
Hey Happy, can you fix what you said Crush said. See below. I'm sure it's by error but that was said by soccer mom. Thanks

crush said: ((no, Crush did not say this. This was said by soccermom74))

Wow, I just check and it says happy said what Crush said. Whats up with that?

Back