Bad News Thread

It looks like the CDC is saying that despite the changes in mask wearing recs, schools still need to mask up and social distance. Our schools are still masking up but we are not socially distant at all- kinda hard with 1k kids on campus 5x/week! Curious how other districts are going to look in the fall.
You’re teachers Unions hard at work to keep your kids out of school or disrupted as much as possible…

You’re teachers Unions hard at work to keep your kids out of school or disrupted as much as possible…

Thankfully not mine. Mine are in school full time, all kids on campus. So far no inkling of that changing next year, (thankfully!) But I know other's aren't as fortunate.

I asked the kids for their input on to vaccinate or not vaccinate. The question which came up is do we still have to wear masks to camp or school. If nothing's going to change, they asked, why should we vaccinate.
Just say that it will prepare them for a more symptomatic response and duration when re-exposed to corona.

It looks like the CDC is saying that despite the changes in mask wearing recs, schools still need to mask up and social distance. Our schools are still masking up but we are not socially distant at all- kinda hard with 1k kids on campus 5x/week! Curious how other districts are going to look in the fall.
Who cares. Schools aren’t teaching kids how to think. Pretty useless to send them back to a system that hypes STEM but ignores a thorough understanding of immune systems and personal finance.

For starters, institutionally there’s no reason to listen to these clowns again. They got political. They drummed up panic. And an entire generation should ignore everything and anything they say after this COVID fiasco is over. I was told that Florida and Texas would be COVID graveyards. That was wrong.

For starters, institutionally there’s no reason to listen to these clowns again. They got political. They drummed up panic. And an entire generation should ignore everything and anything they say after this COVID fiasco is over. I was told that Florida and Texas would be COVID graveyards. That was wrong.
I pulled this off the internet Bruddah.

1621352728023.png

View attachment 10793
Liar. It was not a surprise. Relative to most years past, respiratory diseases took 2017 off. The data for 2017 was not released until 2019. Enter the PCR test to hype the catch up year(s). I remember when we PCR tested globally in 2003 for SARS-1. The mask and social distancing seemed to work back then too.

View attachment 10793
You are forgetting how many other diseases qualify as a “surprise infectious disease outbreak”.

Zika, Ebola, Sars-1, Swine Flu, and Polio in Haiti also qualified as surprise infectious disease outbreaks. He wasn’t predicting covid specifically. He was just stating the simple fact that these other infectious disease outbreaks are rather common.

Liar. It was not a surprise. Relative to most years past, respiratory diseases took 2017 off. The data for 2017 was not released until 2019. Enter the PCR test to hype the catch up year(s). I remember when we PCR tested globally in 2003 for SARS-1. The mask and social distancing seemed to work back then too.
More like a surprise attack, right? Surprise surprise surprise.

Asia did mask up for SARS-1. And the masks did help. WHO was slow back then, too.

You’ve just forgotten.

Sample:

WELCOME TO THAILAND
On landing, therefore, it was rather a surprise to find all staff in Bangkok airport wearing surgical masks, including customs officials, cleaners, and police. Many passengers were shocked and began to worry, as there had been no information given on the incoming flight. The masks being used were quite basic and not of the specification recommended by the WHO for use when caring for a SARS patient.7

There was no reported transmission of SARS in Thailand at this point, although there had been seven cases and two deaths associated with travel from infected areas. We asked a policeman about the masks and were told that the Health Ministry had ordered use of surgical masks in the airport.

Asia did mask up for SARS-1. And the masks did help. WHO was slow back then, too.

You’ve just forgotten.

Sample:

WELCOME TO THAILAND
On landing, therefore, it was rather a surprise to find all staff in Bangkok airport wearing surgical masks, including customs officials, cleaners, and police. Many passengers were shocked and began to worry, as there had been no information given on the incoming flight. The masks being used were quite basic and not of the specification recommended by the WHO for use when caring for a SARS patient.7

There was no reported transmission of SARS in Thailand at this point, although there had been seven cases and two deaths associated with travel from infected areas. We asked a policeman about the masks and were told that the Health Ministry had ordered use of surgical masks in the airport.

When the truth smacks some in the face, they run away instead of owning the lie ((mistake for some)) and moving forward. Let me tell you the biggest truth of all. NSA top cop is Q. Q knows what Santa always knew about each one of us. Q knows most of us need mercy & forgiveness. Let me ask you this dad. What would you do if someone threw one of your staffers in a wood chipper so you do as they say? Would you lie to save others? I have learned that almost everyone has been blackmailed at the highest of levels. I heard about this really nice mayor who went on a private get a way for a job well done. His wife couldnt go so he went for a little R&R with best friend. Well, he woke up one morning to something that would make you sick for the rest of your life and compromised. We will ALL want to show mercy to those who were so blackmailed you feel sorry for them.

Looks like Fauci was again not being entirely forthcoming for our own supposed good.....despite being called on it by Rand Paul

And here we see the head of AFT union saying that the CDC used basically their words on school closures.

So not science based, just based on politics. Just like Fauci above, etc.

"HUGE: AFT’s @rweingarten tells CSPAN the Biden Admin “asked for language” they could use in the CDC’s guidance on school re-openings (which was used "nearly verbatim"). "They asked us for language and we gave them language when they asked for it."

To all my science teachers and math teachers. WTF is up these two bros?

Bro #1 get's $5,000,000 for a book deal on his Covid leadership. Pay to play?

Bro #2 Fredo suggests being pro-life is about being pro-racism and Jim Crow: "It's about dividing lines, legislating to the far-right white-fright vote (...) It's just like voting rights in one way." He adds that the pro-life movement doesn't understand that science is on their side.

I understand 100% right about now. You two are weird science bros who will go down as the biggest losers ever. How many black babies were not allowed to be born because of the two witches? Talk about fucking spinning something completely backwards. What a bunch of asshats. Dad's two favs too, gnarly dad that you speak up for these two. Listen everyone, call me whatever you want but I am the voice for those without a voice. Do you all copy? WTFU seriously Jackos!!!

Vietnam has spiked too. Whatever was holding the virus back in Asia isn't doing as good of a job anymore against the India variant....numbers are higher than this as Vietnam engages in some of the same shell game China does with testing.

Vietnam has spiked too. Whatever was holding the virus back in Asia isn't doing as good of a job anymore against the India variant....numbers are higher than this as Vietnam engages in some of the same shell game China does with testing.
Spiked? Past tense? As in, they had a big surge of cases that is now over?

The leading indicators aren’t good, I agree. But the past tense on that verb is a bit premature. They’re still under 5000 cases and 100 deaths total.

We will know in a month or two whether they manage to control this wave or not.

Back