2021 Women's D1 Soccer Talk - NEW THREAD!!!!!

Who leaves a HC job 3 days before the start o

Leaving any head coaching job for a job as a third assistant is a demotion. Not sure how going to a better conference or teams helps his career.
I disagree. Long term I think being in the Pac-12 helps him. I'm guessing he got a hefty raise from what he was making at UOP. Keep in mind the #3 at UW from last year is now #2 at Stanford. He obviously felt the same or he would have stayed in Stockton. Nothing against UOP and Stockton, but it's UOP and Stockton.

I disagree. Long term I think being in the Pac-12 helps him. I'm guessing he got a hefty raise from what he was making at UOP. Keep in mind the #3 at UW from last year is now #2 at Stanford. He obviously felt the same or he would have stayed in Stockton. Nothing against UOP and Stockton, but it's UOP and Stockton.

Maybe based on the info. I was able to dig up. 3rd asst at UW

2019 salaries
Tracy Hamm UC Davis HC - 55,395
Risenhoover CAL 2nd asst. - 53,924
Boyoko Asst UCSB - 45,020
Sam Greene - 2nd asst UCLA - 75,915
Neil Mcguire HC CA - about 150,000

2020 Salaries
Nicole van dyke HC UW- 190,000
Tina Ellertson UW 2nd asst -80,600

anyone know the pay of a WCC coach? Not listed.

2019 salaries

2020 Salaries

Aren't all the WCC schools private?

2019 salaries

2020 Salaries

I know that at 2nd assistant in the WCC is equal/comparable to the high end of the Pac12 based on what you posted.

I know its not the same , UOP head coach became the UCLA men's coach if I am not mistaken.
Just saying if you run a good program the higher conferences notice

I know its not the same , UOP head coach became the UCLA men's coach if I am not mistaken.
Just saying if you run a good program the higher conferences notice
UOP head coach is now at University of Washington as the #3 coach.

1-0 UCLA in 90 minutes
1-0 UCLA in bonus 30 minutes
5-3 Pepperdine in a round of PKs afterwards

I’m very excited about this season! And UCLA has superstar in their hands with Turner
As usual Pepperdine is good. I’m seeing SMC and Gonzaga being some kind of force this year with a very good coaches. They can muddy the waters for the big three this year.

USD, Loyola and Pacific will be rounding out the bottom again. Pacific is an unknown with new coaching staff. If they can pull a SMC like last year then things get interesting in the middle.

I forgot to add that Pepperdine has a outside back that is the younger sister of another really awesome outside back that just graduated from Stanford…and she reminds me so much of her big sister she’s is going to be a major player…so excited!!

WCC 7-2 in game 1 vs. non conference opponents.

UOP wins their first home opener in 10 years
SMC dominates sac state 3-0
USD puts down the BIG west’s best 2-1
Santa Clara and BYU cruise 3-0
Pepperdine bests Pac12 top 5 team
Gonzaga rolls
LMU edged by patriot league champ by only one goal
USF idle
Portland loses 3-1 to Utah

Look out for Michigan this year. Entire returning starters from 2019 Sweet 16 run return. Beat tough Butler team in 5-0 road win to start season. Could be in the mix for College Cup! Good to be back to normal season!! Go Blue!!

WCC conference looking strong this year:
5-1-3 for the weekend. That’s 12-3-3 so far. Keep it up and maybe we can get 4 teams in NCAA.

W Pepperdine over SDSU
W SMC over cal poly
W USD over army
W Portland over Montana
W Gonzaga over Georgia
T Santa Clara and CAL
T UOP and UCSB
T USF and Oregon
L LMU to Georgetown

BYU idle

WCC conference looking strong this year:
5-1-3 for the weekend. That’s 12-3-3 so far. Keep it up and maybe we can get 4 teams in NCAA.

W Pepperdine over SDSU
W SMC over cal poly
W USD over army
W Portland over Montana
W Gonzaga over Georgia
T Santa Clara and CAL
T UOP and UCSB
T USF and Oregon
L LMU to Georgetown

BYU idle
Don't forget, Pepperdine beat USC last week as well.

Some good battles in the ACC as well. Duke and UNC both beat Arkansas and Washington in the Nike Carolina Classic and Florida State setting a tone for their run in their opener.

Gonna be a fun season to watch.

Don't forget, Pepperdine beat USC last week as well.

Some good battles in the ACC as well. Duke and UNC both beat Arkansas and Washington in the Nike Carolina Classic and Florida State setting a tone for their run in their opener.

Gonna be a fun season to watch.

yeah so far the best I’ve seen the WCC top to bottom in years. LMU 0-2 but I the road vs. NAVY (patriot league champ) and powerhouse Georgetown. Yes it will be fun to watch if all the teams keep up the good work.

Back