2021 Women's D1 Soccer Talk - NEW THREAD!!!!!

What tidbits you got?

A trip to Tennessee, Texas, and of course the usual local suspects including some UC schools not always on the regular list! Too preliminary for me to post full details yet, but enough to get the gears turning!

A trip to Tennessee, Texas, and of course the usual local suspects including some UC schools not always on the regular list! Too preliminary for me to post full details yet, but enough to get the gears turning!
I have also seen a preliminary schedule. I wonder how the team will react to altitude?

waves official non-conference schedule:

Non-conference schedule:
Thursday, August 12 at UCLA (scrimmage)
Thursday, August 19 at USC
Sunday, August 22 at San Diego State
Thursday, August 26 vs. Long Beach State
Sunday, August 29 at UC Riverside
Thursday, September 2 at Lipscomb
Sunday, September 5 at Vanderbilt
Thursday, September 9 vs. UC San Diego
Sunday, September 12 vs. UC Santa Barbara
Thursday, September 16 at TCU
Sunday, September 19 at Texas A&M

waves official non-conference schedule:

Non-conference schedule:
Thursday, August 12 at UCLA (scrimmage)
Thursday, August 19 at USC
Sunday, August 22 at San Diego State
Thursday, August 26 vs. Long Beach State
Sunday, August 29 at UC Riverside
Thursday, September 2 at Lipscomb
Sunday, September 5 at Vanderbilt
Thursday, September 9 vs. UC San Diego
Sunday, September 12 vs. UC Santa Barbara
Thursday, September 16 at TCU
Sunday, September 19 at Texas A&M
I can’t wait to watch all of the girls my dd played with throughout her club soccer career. It’s going to be fun to see them playing in college! I feel like we know players on every team. So excited for the season to start.

2021 WCC Prediction

1) Santa Clara - NCAA
2) Pepperdine- NCAA
3) BYU - NCAA
4) Gonzaga - close. Coach will leave for a better opportunity before they ever crack in to the top 3.
5) SMC - do coaches make a difference. She could be auditioning for the CAL job.
6) USF - Milander squeezes the best out of low to mid level d1 recruits.
7) Pacific, Loyola, San Diego - new coaches that had losing seasons. They didn't make a difference like Romagnolo at SMC. They will be held to her standard for the job she did last year. A bad losing season bad any of these coaches does not bode well.

2021 WCC Prediction

1) Santa Clara - NCAA
2) Pepperdine- NCAA
3) BYU - NCAA
4) Gonzaga - close. Coach will leave for a better opportunity before they ever crack in to the top 3.
5) SMC - do coaches make a difference. She could be auditioning for the CAL job.
7) Pacific, Loyola, San Diego - new coaches that had losing seasons. They didn't make a difference like Romagnolo at SMC. They will be held to her standard for the job she did last year. A bad losing season bad any of these coaches does not bode well.

Where do you see Portland?

2021 WCC Prediction

1) Santa Clara - NCAA
2) Pepperdine- NCAA
3) BYU - NCAA

Does everyone audition for the Cal job? Last year it was San Jose coach...Cal coach just signed an extension by the way.

Who leaves a HC job 3 days before the start o
It's Stockton lol. I think that speaks for itself. But obviously a big jump in conferences and teams.
Leaving any head coaching job for a job as a third assistant is a demotion. Not sure how going to a better conference or teams helps his career.

Back