2021 Women's D1 Soccer Talk - NEW THREAD!!!!!

But they didn't build an out of conference schedule to give themselves a chance outside of that.

How do you know that?

At the beginning of a season, everyone is 0-0-0. Pick winners from that 2 or 3 years in advance.

Near the end of a season, when teams' records have been better established, there may come a game where winning the game reduces the winner's RPI, but those are unusual.

How do you know that?

At the beginning of a season, everyone is 0-0-0. Pick winners from that 2 or 3 years in advance.

Near the end of a season, when teams' records have been better established, there may come a game where winning the game reduces the winner's RPI, but those are unusual.

It's my assumption based on recent history. I would assume that's how coaches build their schedules. Not by thinking everyone is 0-0-0 and hoping for teams that have never won to all of a sudden win.

It's my assumption based on recent history. I would assume that's how coaches build their schedules. Not by thinking everyone is 0-0-0 and hoping for teams that have never won to all of a sudden win.

Half or more of the schedule is set by conference requirements. Non-conference games are often scheduled years in advance to satisfy home-and-home arrangements. Some games are scheduled against nearby non-conference schools to limit travel costs.

Half or more of the schedule is set by conference requirements. Non-conference games are often scheduled years in advance to satisfy home-and-home arrangements. Some games are scheduled against nearby non-conference schools to limit travel costs.
Now we are off tangent. I made the statement that SMC did not schedule for an at large, you said I didn't understand RPI, and now you're making excuses as to why they scheduled as they did. Everyone has a conference schedule, everyone contracts into home and away, and everyone has budgets. Some find ways to schedule for at larges, some don't.

I would venture to say that SMC is a year ahead of schedule. New coach probably didn't think she would have the ship moving in the right direction so quickly, and her schedule this year was designed to build confidence, and next year it will be a proper playoff intentional schedule.

Now we are off tangent. I made the statement that SMC did not schedule for an at large, you said I didn't understand RPI, and now you're making excuses as to why they scheduled as they did. Everyone has a conference schedule, everyone contracts into home and away, and everyone has budgets. Some find ways to schedule for at larges, some don't.

I would venture to say that SMC is a year ahead of schedule. New coach probably didn't think she would have the ship moving in the right direction so quickly, and her schedule this year was designed to build confidence, and next year it will be a proper playoff intentional schedule.
Are you starting to understand what I was saying earlier?

@espola is the resident d-bag...

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

why this is no fluke:

USD’s win over Long Beach
UOP’s 2OT loss to a good BOISE team
SMC tie to CAL after going 1 woman down.

I still think BYU, Pepperdine take care of business but I don’t think they will be able to rest their starters against them like years past. The team that Needs to worry about these three is Gonzaga. Now does this help the WCC RPI?

why this is no fluke:

USD’s win over Long Beach
UOP’s 2OT loss to a good BOISE team
SMC tie to CAL after going 1 woman down.

I still think BYU, Pepperdine take care of business but I don’t think they will be able to rest their starters against them like years past. The team that Needs to worry about these three is Gonzaga. Now does this help the WCC RPI?
USD went deep into the NCAA tournament a few years back.

I keep forgetting this is a women's soccer thread.

UOP has a cupcake schedule and while Loyola is the complete opposite. When they meet game 1 of the WCC, UOP could be 7-1–1 and Loyola could be 0-10. Who will wins that game?

LMU is a train wreck. Lucky if they win 3 games all year.
In fairness, the head coach was hired 3 months before lockdown, so there’s not much there that’s her mark on the team yet. She was an assistant coach from UCLA, so I think there’s room for the program to get better.

In fairness, the head coach was hired 3 months before lockdown, so there’s not much there that’s her mark on the team yet. She was an assistant coach from UCLA, so I think there’s room for the program to get better.
Nah it’s a dumpster fire. Coach aside. UCI game game was embarrassing, also lost to Riverside ! Yeah Riverside! and that UCLA game was one big rondo. Play slow, lazy soccer with zero ability to create any scoring chances. Defense is terrible all over the field. What you think she turning this around with more girls from the South Bay. This isn’t all on Jenny, but the facility and school alone should easily land you some legit players who want to play soccer. Clearly they need to re evaluate wtf they are doing and who they are recruiting right now, or she is going back to UCLA.

Back