2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

I would be interested to know how long they have been practicing. I know some teams have games scheduled in early April and are just starting to practice this week. Maybe UOP was in a similar situation?
Been practicing since pandemic. That’s not the issue. UOP does not get top recruits due to their location. New coaches seem to think that’s the problem but it the problem is their inability to get the most of what they have. That ability separates the Tim wards, the Rockwoods and Jerry Smith’s from the coaches that can’t hold a job more than 2-4 years.

My player really wanted to go to UOP a few years back so when we were in Oregon we thought we'd visit UOP and Oregon. (She wants to go to a university with small class sizes). Coaches at Oregon were amazing - made us feel welcome - very personable - showed us around, invited us to watch practice the next day. Campus tour was engaging. UOP was the opposite.

So maybe their recruiting needs to be better?

My player really wanted to go to UOP a few years back so when we were in Oregon we thought we'd visit UOP and Oregon. (She wants to go to a university with small class sizes). Coaches at Oregon were amazing - made us feel welcome - very personable - showed us around, invited us to watch practice the next day. Campus tour was engaging. UOP was the opposite.

So maybe their recruiting needs to be better?
Those Oregon facilities are AMAZING!!!

This UCLA USC game is so fun to watch. But the announcing is so god awful bad. It’s physically painful. How can we be in 2021 and can’t find people that know the game of soccer?

This UCLA USC game is so fun to watch. But the announcing is so god awful bad. It’s physically painful. How can we be in 2021 and can’t find people that know the game of soccer?
We were saying the same thing about the announcers. Terrible!

crazy to think USC might not make the tourney. still some soccer to play. I'm thinking 5 teams.

Provided nothing odd happens:
Santa Clara is IN
Pepperdine is IN if they beat Santa Clara. If they tie they must beat BYU.
BYU IN in if they beat Pepperdine. A tie would not help their cause unless Pepperdine beats SC.

BYU is OUT if they lose to Pepperdine. That would give them a third place finish, 2 losses in the WCC, 2 losses to USC and UCLA
Pepperdine is OUT if they lose to Santa Clara and BYU.

Gonzaga IN if they can beat 2/3 of the big 3 and come in at least 2nd in the WCC.

USF can play spolier this year

I would be interested to know how long they have been practicing. I know some teams have games scheduled in early April and are just starting to practice this week. Maybe UOP was in a similar situation?
I believe the new coaching staff is a definite step above the last group but honestly, UOP doesn't belong in the WCC.

I believe the new coaching staff is a definite step above the last group but honestly, UOP doesn't belong in the WCC.

100% agree with women's soccer. We could do some damage in the WAC, Big Sky or Mtn West.
Overall the school is decent in softball, men's and women's hoops, volleyball. Water polo is elite. Men's soccer was elite when Ryan Jordan was the coach but he left for UCLA. Are you saying as a school they don't belong in WCC?

100% agree with women's soccer. We could do some damage in the WAC, Big Sky or Mtn West.
Overall the school is decent in softball, men's and women's hoops, volleyball. Water polo is elite. Men's soccer was elite when Ryan Jordan was the coach but he left for UCLA. Are you saying as a school they don't belong in WCC?
To be honest, I don't know enough about the other sports at UOP to say, but definitely the women's soccer program needs to either improve or move to a conference where they can succeed. I also think BYU should move out of the WCC to a different conference, PAC 12 maybe?

To be honest, I don't know enough about the other sports at UOP to say, but definitely the women's soccer program needs to either improve or move to a conference where they can succeed. I also think BYU should move out of the WCC to a different conference, PAC 12 maybe?
Why would any school want to move to a lower conference and who would slot right in because they have better programs in all of their sports? Just because they aren't doing well now, doesn't mean they won't in the future.

Why would any school want to move to a lower conference and who would slot right in because they have better programs in all of their sports? Just because they aren't doing well now, doesn't mean they won't in the future.
I don't think they've ever done well. Coleman was the head coach for years and they were poor. UOP brought in Scroope and she didn't do much better. UOP doesn't belong in the WCC. Doesn't really matter to me whether they want to move or not my opinion is they should move.

I don't think they've ever done well. Coleman was the head coach for years and they were poor. UOP brought in Scroope and she didn't do much better. UOP doesn't belong in the WCC. Doesn't really matter to me whether they want to move or not my opinion is they should move.
They were a .500 team in the BIG West and had few good seasons, one of which was an NCAA appearance. They are a .500 team in any conference that's not the elite 5 and WCC. Do conferences kick teams out?

Conferences include the entire sports program. You cannot just remove a sport or two. It is all or nothing. So unless UOP is struggling historically in all WCC sports the school is not going to change conferences.

Back