2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

Football hates the NCAA. They will start their own league soon. Basketball will come along. Without that, there is no NCAA.

Pepp vs Stanford added to schedule for this week! Do any of the Stanford Parents know if it is going to be streamed and/or if spectators are allowed?

Pepp vs Stanford added to schedule for this week! Do any of the Stanford Parents know if it is going to be streamed and/or if spectators are allowed?
Can't say on streaming, but there is no way in hell Santa Clara County's health department is going to allow spectators at a game.

Back in the fall, Newsom tried to allow stadiums to open. Within hours, Cody called a special press conference just to shoot it down, at least for SCC.

Sadly....no fans or family or parents in Cagan at Stanford (maybe/hopefully down the road later this spring??)
Live stream link not up on Stanford website yet but I do think they will have a link available. Waiting...

CBU is now 3-0-1 and could very well go undefeated this year. I see them as an early match up for Pepperdine or UCLA in round 1 provided both make it. Will be a dangerous opponent

Why is it that UCLA and Cal are playing games but the rest of the California state schools are barely starting practice? I am not referring to any of the private schools in the WCC. Is this based upon the conference they are in? If so, how does being in PAC12 over ride county and state COVID restrictions for state run instituitions? UCSD is not even playing, and they have the on campus ability to test all of their students.

Why is it that UCLA and Cal are playing games but the rest of the California state schools are barely starting practice? I am not referring to any of the private schools in the WCC. Is this based upon the conference they are in? If so, how does being in PAC12 over ride county and state COVID restrictions for state run instituitions? UCSD is not even playing, and they have the on campus ability to test all of their students.

The 9 UC and Cal State schools in the women's Big West (incl UCSD this year) are not playing b/c the Big West is not having a season. If the Mountain West schools (3 Cal State schools) are not practicing, they better get to it as they start games in a couple of weeks.

UCSD has been training since the fall. As mentioned above, their conference cancelled the season, but they are still training. CBU has been playing this spring. Many Division II and NAIA schools in California are also competing this spring. The majority of schools in California are competing, but at least two conferences (one in Division II and the Big West in DI are not).

Sadly....no fans or family or parents in Cagan at Stanford (maybe/hopefully down the road later this spring??)
Live stream link not up on Stanford website yet but I do think they will have a link available. Waiting...
yes, the game was live streamed today.

2-1 Stanford over Pepp. Stanford scored 2 goals in the last 8 minutes.
1-1 Sac State and Oregon.

I don't think there's a run away team this year in the WCC.

2-1 Stanford over Pepp. Stanford scored 2 goals in the last 8 minutes.
1-1 Sac State and Oregon.

I don't think there's a run away team this year in the WCC.
That is a nice showing from Pepp. I like Pepp. CBU, watch out too. Thanks for the score update.

Anyone have a read on the foul call at the end of the Pepp game?

Goalie slid to smother the ball, collided with the attacker. Left shin a bit high. Attacker goes down, tripped by shin?

p.k. awarded. 2-1.

2 mins later almost the same excact play happened to Pepperdine attacker and no call awarded to them. After the game the PD Head Coach B-lined straight for that referee and gave him a few words.
As he should. When I coached hoops for a year, i was hot head coach. I got T up a few times. It's super important your team knows you will fight for them. I havent scene the actual bad call, but based on a freind who saw it and all of you, that is not the way to lose. Replay challenge is in order. Any real ref here reverse that? I heard Pepp looked strong. Go Mid Majors!!!

CBU dominated LMU statistically and LMU turns around to beat a good Portland team that just beat OSU 4-3. Yes watch out for CBU. They will gain more confidence as the season moves on.

prediction: CBU beats CAL in round 1

Back