2020 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!! EXTENDED TO SPRING '21!!!!

If they have a livestream, the camera person will probably be some freshman from some other sports team with almost no camera experience. They will zoom in too much and often times the ball will be out of the frame. The commentators will miss announcing a large percentage of the visiting team's substitutions and will mispronounce or misidentify a good number of the others.

At least there won’t be any negative soccer parents in the stands complaining about the most asinine things even before they happen.

No much room for error this year. Coaches will have a short hook as only 9-10 games, each meaning a whole lot. We could see some upsets with few scrimmages to be played.

WCC and PAC 12 will be a dog fight.
Some of the sacrificial lambs of the past could upset with a shortened season.

No much room for error this year. Coaches will have a short hook as only 9-10 games, each meaning a whole lot. We could see some upsets with few scrimmages to be played.

UCLA vs Stanford will be a good watch. With Macario leaving will UCLA have a better chance of winning this match up?

For the WCC:
The same suspects as favorites

look for UOP and Loyola to surprise this year.

Look for USF and SMC to have a down year with significant transfers and heavy graduating losses.

prediction.

1) BYU/Pepperdine/Santa Clara
2) Portland/ Gonzaga
3) UOP/San Diego/Loyola
4) USF/SMC

48 teams in the NCAA means some deserving teams won't make it. In the Pac, most (all?) teams are scheduled to play 14 to 16 games. Not a lot of chance for teams to load up on non-conference wins (esp b/c 1 to 3 non-conference games are being played against conference opponents).

I'm curious about how CA teams will fare considering most of them have not been able to (presumably) practice together until last couple weeks.

UCLA will win the pac 12

Stanford will be 2 or 3.

Stanford loses a generational player in Macario who will be on the USWNT soon. They also lose Smith, who was pretty good offensively.
There's no one on the current roster that can duplicate what Macario did. Stanford doesn't have that one player that can bail them out if the team is not at its peak. It will be an adjustment losing a player on that caliber. So for that sole reason I don not see them repeating as champs.

If they have a livestream, the camera person will probably be some freshman from some other sports team with almost no camera experience. They will zoom in too much and often times the ball will be out of the frame. The commentators will miss announcing a large percentage of the visiting team's substitutions and will mispronounce or misidentify a good number of the others.
Titans playing this year Outside?

Cal has been practicing as a team since training resumed early this month and I’m pretty sure that Stanford has as well.
Hey bro, if Srs play this season from Pac 12, can they play next season? No Big West season and is allowing all Srs another season next year? Thanks bro

Hey bro, if Srs play this season from Pac 12, can they play next season? No Big West season and is allowing all Srs another season next year? Thanks bro

Under the NCAA rules, this is season is a freebie. When the new frosh arrive, there will be 2x the number with 4 years of eligibility. I am not sure how this is managed with respect to a team’s specific scholarship allotment (it would seem that they’d need to increase the # for a bit) or the extent to which this is the player’s choice (In the P5, where awards are guaranteed 4-year awards, do they become 5-year awards? If so, it seems that it could be financially impactful and it is why I thought the NCAA would change the NLI date for this year’s seniors (I was wrong) and why I thought that schools may re-structure verbal offers for 2021s (I assume I was wrong about that but people don’t generally talk about their own kid’s award so I can only guess)

Under the NCAA rules, this is season is a freebie. When the new frosh arrive, there will be 2x the number with 4 years of eligibility. I am not sure how this is managed with respect to a team’s specific scholarship allotment (it would seem that they’d need to increase the # for a bit) or the extent to which this is the player’s choice (In the P5, where awards are guaranteed 4-year awards, do they become 5-year awards? If so, it seems that it could be financially impactful and it is why I thought the NCAA would change the NLI date for this year’s seniors (I was wrong) and why I thought that schools may re-structure verbal offers for 2021s (I assume I was wrong about that but people don’t generally talk about their own kid’s award so I can only guess)
Its a log jam, that's for sure. Basically, 2021 and 2022s have it very tough. Old days, the schools took in 8-11 recruits bro? Now days, maybe 4 or 5? Oh boy, I was wrong about waiting. I take that all back today. I'm eating some crow with humble pie. I know when to admit I was wrong and I was wrong. I should have let my dd email and talk it up three years ago. I had know idea it would be this hard for my dd to actually play in a game, let alone get recruited. Peace!!!

Back