WWC 2023

I've been extremely unimpressed with Rodman. Kick and run player with a brick of a first touch. No technical ability that I've noticed. To be fair I really haven't watched her play other than this world cup, but what's the appeal?

I totally noticed that as well. Hopefully we're both wrong and she can kick it up a notch.

I agree with your Smith assesment. Would like to see some different looks ultimately though, there are no other true 9's on the roster, Rodman I guess or Williams, but I'd rather see Thompson on the field personally so that means try Smith in the middle. They should all be interchangebale if Vlatko had any imagination, Smith/Rodman/Thompson positionless forwards let the kids play, they'll figure it out in the attack!

P.S. Yeah again, still don't care. if its 'comical" laugh and move on, life's too short to comment about some professional athletes personal beliefs especially since there is an agenda here when one side is already referring to actions as "stupidity". Sorry to say but you aint bridging any gaps or building any bridges with that language

I don't "move on", personally, because I won't be bullied the way Rapinoe bullied her teammates into their protest bullshit. Same way I tell people where to stick it when they try to get people fired for stating facts instead of the bullshit, woke script that's been fashionable the last couple of years. We have enough stupidity in our country already. Someone has to draw the line at some point. So when an emotionally crippled idiot says a man can menstruate and have babies, I call them a 'fucking moron' all day; every day.

I've been extremely unimpressed with Rodman. Kick and run player with a brick of a first touch. No technical ability that I've noticed. To be fair I really haven't watched her play other than this world cup, but what's the appeal?

She had a couple of good flashes previously but, overall, I agree with your sentiment.

No, the country is divided because of stupidity PERIOD......on both sides of the country. That's the problem. We're all bragging it's a free country and I can do what I want..........until you do something somebody doesn't like. Any, I'll drop it.

Agreed on Sophia Smith. Rodman.........brick like touch like the other

I think you're right to a point, Michelle... but anybody still supporting Biden, after bashing Trump for 4-years, needs a slap upside the head. They're both assholes as human beings but it's high time this woke crap goes away. We've not all been walking around in a universal stupor all these decades. That's different than the stupidity you're referring to.

I think you're right to a point, Michelle... but anybody still supporting Biden, after bashing Trump for 4-years, needs a slap upside the head. They're both assholes as human beings but it's high time this woke crap goes away. We've not all been walking around in a universal stupor all these decades. That's different than the stupidity you're referring to.
They both need to go away for sure!

ok, sorry, back to soccer. Hopefully the attack gets it's sh-t together or else the ladies won't make it to the finals, IMO.

I don't "move on", personally, because I won't be bullied the way Rapinoe bullied her teammates into their protest bullshit. Same way I tell people where to stick it when they try to get people fired for stating facts instead of the bullshit, woke script that's been fashionable the last couple of years. We have enough stupidity in our country already. Someone has to draw the line at some point. So when an emotionally crippled idiot says a man can menstruate and have babies, I call them a 'fucking moron' all day; every day.
I personally know a few of the players and although they may not be singing along with the anthem, I assure you they are not protesting.

I personally know a few of the players and although they may not be singing along with the anthem, I assure you they are not protesting.

Appreciate that. Yeah, I didn't really believe they were protesting per se. And I saw several mouthing the lyrics. It's kind of picking the pepper out of the fly shit at that point. They all stood and that's certainly good enough for a whiner like me. I'm a bit more concerned about the lack of fluidity I'm seeing out there. Sometimes it takes awhile but I thought they looked great for about 20 minutes last night.

I'm just happy to see Rapinoe sit the bench. ;)

Was it just me, or did the US seem gassed in the latter half of the 2nd half? If they were, that's the coach's fault for lack of preparation.

Was it just me, or did the US seem gassed in the latter half of the 2nd half? If they were, that's the coach's fault for lack of preparation.
He only made one sub compared to Hollands 4. Don’t think he trusts the bench despite picking his team. Especially with players like Pugh, Sauerbrunn, Macario and even Mewis out on injury.

They both need to go away for sure!

ok, sorry, back to soccer. Hopefully the attack gets it's sh-t together or else the ladies won't make it to the finals, IMO.

Here's part of my point, Michelle, and then I'll drop it:

Meanwhile, American football star Megan Rapinoe has been vocal about why she chose not to sing during the national anthem. In September 2016, she made headlines for following in NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s example by taking a knee during the national anthem, to help raise awareness of racial inequality and police brutality. One month later, she wrote an essay for The Players Tribune to explain the decision.

“I haven’t experienced over-policing, racial profiling, police brutality or the sight of a family member’s body lying dead in the street,” she wrote. “But I cannot stand idly by while there are people in this country who have had to deal with that kind of heartache.”

Simply put, Rapinoe's statement is inaccurate and caused unnecessary hate towards law enforcement. Did black people die at the hands of police? Yes, some that chose to resist arrest. Some did it with half a dozen drugs in their system like George Floyd. Meanwhile, I looked up the statistics because I care more about being accurate than pandering... black people are being killed by other black people. The statistics say, on average, it's 2,500 times per year. That's 7 per day. Every day. So no, we don't have a cop problem. We have a respect for law enforcement problem if you're looking to blame cops in the U.S. Kaepernick started a lie because he got benched for poor performance. Neither he nor Rapinoe ever had jack shit to say about how many black kids die in the streets any given weekend in Chicago.

Now Rapinoe says it's okay if males play soccer. Incredible timing as she plays what will likely be her final season.

Here's part of my point, Michelle, and then I'll drop it:

Meanwhile, American football star Megan Rapinoe has been vocal about why she chose not to sing during the national anthem. In September 2016, she made headlines for following in NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s example by taking a knee during the national anthem, to help raise awareness of racial inequality and police brutality. One month later, she wrote an essay for The Players Tribune to explain the decision.

“I haven’t experienced over-policing, racial profiling, police brutality or the sight of a family member’s body lying dead in the street,” she wrote. “But I cannot stand idly by while there are people in this country who have had to deal with that kind of heartache.”

Simply put, Rapinoe's statement is inaccurate and caused unnecessary hate towards law enforcement. Did black people die at the hands of police? Yes, some that chose to resist arrest. Some did it with half a dozen drugs in their system like George Floyd. Meanwhile, I looked up the statistics because I care more about being accurate than pandering... black people are being killed by other black people. The statistics say, on average, it's 2,500 times per year. That's 7 per day. Every day. So no, we don't have a cop problem. We have a respect for law enforcement problem if you're looking to blame cops in the U.S. Kaepernick started a lie because he got benched for poor performance. Neither he nor Rapinoe ever had jack shit to say about how many black kids die in the streets any given weekend in Chicago.

Now Rapinoe says it's okay if males play soccer. Incredible timing as she plays what will likely be her final season.

You are right that the problems in Chicago need to be corrected. We also need to fix the systemic problems within law enforcement.
For those of us who have been in law enforcement and continue to be in it, it's a known fact that there is definitely a group of racist jerks that are roaming out there and need to be removed from the force or put on different duties, but they are currently protected and very difficult to remove from positions of power.

It's a dream to think that our police force is perfect and we do not need to improve it.

Rapinoe has very different opinions than myself but her opinions do not do anything to harm others and blaming her for anger towards the police force is incorrect. The bad apples in the police force are to blame and our constant sheltering of the bad apples. We shouldn't protect bad teachers and we shouldn't protect bad cops. The protection of bad cops is what causes unnecessary hatred towards good cops, not Rapinoe's opinion.

Rapinoe's difference in opinion doesn't make her a bad person or someone who would prevent me from supporting my country in a WorId Cup. I may not agree with her opinions but I support her on the soccer field as a USWNT player.

You are right that the problems in Chicago need to be corrected. We also need to fix the systemic problems within law enforcement.
For those of us who have been in law enforcement and continue to be in it, it's a known fact that there is definitely a group of racist jerks that are roaming out there and need to be removed from the force or put on different duties, but they are currently protected and very difficult to remove from positions of power.

It's a dream to think that our police force is perfect and we do not need to improve it.

Rapinoe has very different opinions than myself but her opinions do not do anything to harm others and blaming her for anger towards the police force is incorrect. The bad apples in the police force are to blame and our constant sheltering of the bad apples. We shouldn't protect bad teachers and we shouldn't protect bad cops. The protection of bad cops is what causes unnecessary hatred towards good cops, not Rapinoe's opinion.

Rapinoe's difference in opinion doesn't make her a bad person or someone who would prevent me from supporting my country in a WorId Cup. I may not agree with her opinions but I support her on the soccer field as a USWNT player.

I agree. Don't you think there are racist jerks in every profession? I'm inclined to believe resisting arrest and shouting "defund the police" is a nice way to solidify law enforcement's bond, Sock. They already wear a bullseye on their chest everyday. I think every profession needs to be improved and nobody should be protected, but resisting arrest doesn't serve the purpose of weeding out bad cops. Neither does defunding them when cameras and less lethal options aren't already in every department. Cops aren't that 'protected' when many of them have been indicted and serving time. Read the autopsy report for George Floyd. Not the one his family paid for... the real one. Severe health issues, 6+ drugs in his system and no physical damage to his body. If you can yell and scream for 10 minutes, you can breathe. Had he not resisted arrest for half an hour, they may have been able to revive him from the Fentanyl overdose that was going to kill him.

I think Rapinoe is a bad person. I don't need her or LeBron James or Kareem to tell me how it is... especially when data doesn't support it. She went from great player to "look at me" to "cops are bad and black people are victims". Furthermore, you'd have to convince me she didn't pressure her teammates to toe the line. I'm not saying you shouldn't support her but I won't. Same way I don't support ANY athlete that gives reason to doubt their character. I LOVED Hope Solo. Greatest female keeper of all time. A mess of a human being. Maybe not her fault but Rapinoe chose to front a bullshit narrative like Kaepernick did. If black lives matter to you, they should all matter. Not just the ones that purport to validate your attention seeking behavior. Rapinoe is also the same player that traveled 3.5 hours, one way, to practice as a kid while just telling high schools their volleyball just isn't important enough to exclude males.

Okay... done now. This is a WWC thread.

US just aren’t creative in the final third , useless cross after useless cross in the second half . Reminded me of the Wambauch days . Should have walked out of there with 3 points

There was one play where Morgan beat her defender in the box , but she never picked up her head , there was a player sitting wide open at the six. Morgan crossed it in with her left foot to the back post, which was a 50/50 ball at best . And then not timing her run correctly on the goal called back, ughhh. ( maybe I’m being too harsh :) ).

I don’t know why he didn’t make more subs or put Thompson in, maybe he was favoring size and strength against the Dutch?

They really miss Swanson

think they are going need Lavelle fit enough to play 90 to win this

US just aren’t creative in the final third , useless cross after useless cross in the second half . Reminded me of the Wambauch days . Should have walked out of there with 3 points

There was one play where Morgan beat her defender in the box , but she never picked up her head , there was a player sitting wide open at the six. Morgan crossed it in with her left foot to the back post, which was a 50/50 ball at best . And then not timing her run correctly on the goal called back, ughhh. ( maybe I’m being too harsh :) ).

I don’t know why he didn’t make more subs or put Thompson in, maybe he was favoring size and strength against the Dutch?

They really miss Swanson

Totally agree there!!!

I agree. Don't you think there are racist jerks in every profession? I'm inclined to believe resisting arrest and shouting "defund the police" is a nice way to solidify law enforcement's bond, Sock. They already wear a bullseye on their chest everyday. I think every profession needs to be improved and nobody should be protected, but resisting arrest doesn't serve the purpose of weeding out bad cops. Neither does defunding them when cameras and less lethal options aren't already in every department. Cops aren't that 'protected' when many of them have been indicted and serving time. Read the autopsy report for George Floyd. Not the one his family paid for... the real one. Severe health issues, 6+ drugs in his system and no physical damage to his body. If you can yell and scream for 10 minutes, you can breathe. Had he not resisted arrest for half an hour, they may have been able to revive him from the Fentanyl overdose that was going to kill him.

I think Rapinoe is a bad person. I don't need her or LeBron James or Kareem to tell me how it is... especially when data doesn't support it. She went from great player to "look at me" to "cops are bad and black people are victims". Furthermore, you'd have to convince me she didn't pressure her teammates to toe the line. I'm not saying you shouldn't support her but I won't. Same way I don't support ANY athlete that gives reason to doubt their character. I LOVED Hope Solo. Greatest female keeper of all time. A mess of a human being. Maybe not her fault but Rapinoe chose to front a bullshit narrative like Kaepernick did. If black lives matter to you, they should all matter. Not just the ones that purport to validate your attention seeking behavior. Rapinoe is also the same player that traveled 3.5 hours, one way, to practice as a kid while just telling high schools their volleyball just isn't important enough to exclude males.

Okay... done now. This is a WWC thread.
I'm going to drop the subject too and focus on the WWC after this last comment. It's a lot easier to drop bad eggs in other professions or put them in areas where they don't affect the public, but bad teachers and bad cops are too well protected and it hurts the good ones. The good ones want the changes too.

Rapinoe never physically hurt anyone nor does she encourage violence. She just has some opinions I strongly disagree with. Plenty of people I disagree with are good people. Plenty of people with the same opinions as myself behave badly as human beings, unprovoked violence. It just makes more sense to judge people by their physical behavior/actions rather than their opinions. Freedom of thought and speech is vital to a free society. The constant cancel culture from the left and right is terrible. Cancel culture should be reserved for those that are violent and encourage violence.

They really miss Swanson

I'd imagine Alex is unsettled about the hype Sophia is getting right now. For me, I don't see Pugh/Swanson being as effective as she used to be. I remember her blowing past defenders and that really doesn't happen anymore. Finally got her 'woman' body?

I think you're 101% right about Rose Lavelle. I never gave her enough credit for the contributions but, in my mind, she's underrated now.

I think you're 101% right about Rose Lavelle. I never gave her enough credit for the contributions but, in my mind, she's underrated now.

The first thing I saw her do when she ran onto the pitch was clap and yell at her teammates to get them fired up. That's a veteran competitor right there and something I hope coach Andonovski recognizes he'll need in the line up down the stretch.

The first thing I saw her do when she ran onto the pitch was clap and yell at her teammates to get them fired up. That's a veteran competitor right there and something I hope coach Andonovski recognizes he'll need in the line up down the stretch.
Need to develop more players like her with creativeness and tactical awareness.

Back