WWC 2023

7#9 Netherlands 1-0 #21 Portugal

Netherlands early goal confirmed after lengthy video review overrules offside call on the field.

Highlights video --

#5 France 0-0 #43 Jamaica

Jamaica held on to steal a point, playing red-card short at the end.

Highlights video --

#16 Italy 1-0 #28 Argentina

Late goal (87') in a close game after two early goals negated by offside flag.

Highlights video --

#2 Germany 6-0 #72 Morocco

Masterful control by Germany throughout plus two own-goals by Morocco

Highlight video --

Last edited:
#25 Colombia 2-0 #17 Korea

Colombia dominated the match, but their goals were gifts from the Korea defense so the game could have easily ended 0-0.

Highlights video --

#46 Philippines 1-0 #26 New Zealand

Historic game. Philippines has the advantage that most of their players grew up in the USA club, HS, and college environment.

Highlights video --

#20 Switzerland 0-0 #12 Norway

Group A is up for grabs.

Switzerland 4 +2
New Zealand 3 +1
Philippines 3 -1
Norway 1 -2

Highlights video --

Last edited:
I'm just now seeing all this controversy about some of the women's team not singing the anthem. Thoughts on that?

Who cares? I'm more concerned with the US continued reliance on Morgan at the 9. I'd like to see Smith there and Thompson starting on the wing. Let the kids play!

I'm with you, WHO CARES!! And yes, Smith at the 9...........I've grown tired of Morgan way before now.

Many of us care since this country is divided and it's because of 'woke' stupidity. One can say the U.S. has work to do and isn't perfect, but to imply it's not worth you mouthing the words, because you need to protest something, is comical. None of them possess the guts to leave it.

P.S. - Sophia is more effective on the outside because she excels at 1 v 1 challenges, has deceptive speed and can still get shots off. Stick her at the 9 and she gets bottled up in the middle. We'll see how she does now the secret is out.

I've been extremely unimpressed with Rodman. Kick and run player with a brick of a first touch. No technical ability that I've noticed. To be fair I really haven't watched her play other than this world cup, but what's the appeal?

#1 USA 1-1 #9 Netherlands

Good result for both sides as long as they follow through on their last games.

Highlights video --

Many of us care since this country is divided and it's because of 'woke' stupidity. One can say the U.S. has work to do and isn't perfect, but to imply it's not worth you mouthing the words, because you need to protest something, is comical. None of them possess the guts to leave it.

P.S. - Sophia is more effective on the outside because she excels at 1 v 1 challenges, has deceptive speed and can still get shots off. Stick her at the 9 and she gets bottled up in the middle. We'll see how she does now the secret is out.

I agree with your Smith assesment. Would like to see some different looks ultimately though, there are no other true 9's on the roster, Rodman I guess or Williams, but I'd rather see Thompson on the field personally so that means try Smith in the middle. They should all be interchangebale if Vlatko had any imagination, Smith/Rodman/Thompson positionless forwards let the kids play, they'll figure it out in the attack!

P.S. Yeah again, still don't care. if its 'comical" laugh and move on, life's too short to comment about some professional athletes personal beliefs especially since there is an agenda here when one side is already referring to actions as "stupidity". Sorry to say but you aint bridging any gaps or building any bridges with that language

No, the country is divided because of stupidity PERIOD......on both sides of the country. That's the problem. We're all bragging it's a free country and I can do what I want..........until you do something somebody doesn't like. Any, I'll drop it.

Agreed on Sophia Smith. Rodman.........brick like touch like the other

Back