Recruiting Tips for Parents Just Starting the Process

I’m glad that everything worked out for you and your daughter regarding going to a JC. I know plenty of people that going to community college was the right thing for them. With that being said it was not directed at you and if you feel that it was then hopefully you now understand. I won’t get into people’s personal choices and situations as my family is different although I also have a degree from the same school as will my daughter in 17 months and our path and experience was much different than yours (we were/are athletes) so try to understand a different perspective than your own.

Regarding me and Cali and what I say. Please stay out of it. This is Hatfield and McCoy $hit and with all due respect you aren’t either so just be a silent observer. I go after whomever, whenever I deem it appropriate. Please just pretend you are the n the corner of Crenshaw and Slauson and keep on moving or simply put me on ignore and you will no longer feel the need to lecture me in how to deal with a lying pansy.

Get it now? Good luck to you and your family.

Wow, the hatred you have for Cali really comes out in your post. Not sure what the "Crenshaw and Slauson" reference means, but can I hang out on Fairfax and Slauson since I lived near there for a while and still know people in Inglewood. It is fairly close to where you want me to hangout. Oh, and we are also athletes that played college baseball, volleyball and soccer.

I have never had a problem with your posts and find many to be informative and usually just skip over the "Hatfield and McCoy" type posts. This thread is about advice on college recruiting and some people actually read it for advice which there is some good advice. Your post made JC's sound like they are not an option to be considered. Could you imagine the soccer mom who does not know better and is looking for advice for her daughter and your post happens to be the first she reads? Some threads are for bitching and feuds and others should be for sharing useful experiences and information.

Sounds like a nice way of saying MAP needs to increase her/his signal to noise ratio. When the signal is good there is a lot of good information.

Wow, the hatred you have for Cali really comes out in your post. Not sure what the "Crenshaw and Slauson" reference means, but can I hang out on Fairfax and Slauson since I lived near there for a while and still know people in Inglewood. It is fairly close to where you want me to hangout. Oh, and we are also athletes that played college baseball, volleyball and soccer.

I have never had a problem with your posts and find many to be informative and usually just skip over the "Hatfield and McCoy" type posts. This thread is about advice on college recruiting and some people actually read it for advice which there is some good advice. Your post made JC's sound like they are not an option to be considered. Could you imagine the soccer mom who does not know better and is looking for advice for her daughter and your post happens to be the first she reads? Some threads are for bitching and feuds and others should be for sharing useful experiences and information.

Nice to hear. If you played sports at UCLA then our time there probably overlapped and I may have come across you at one time or another. I don’t hate Cali. He is just the ultimate hypocrite and that observation goes back to the old forum.

I look at the situation a little differently. Cali is so prone to hyperbole and misrepresentation that I often crack on him just to point out his bull$hit.

Sounds like a nice way of saying MAP needs to increase her/his signal to noise ratio. When the signal is good there is a lot of good information.

I’m 16-17 months from signing off for good and converting into an Albion ‘05 fan which is the team that my second favorite player is a member of but I will let her entirely more diplomatic mother be her advocate. I’m just happy that my baby is 100% healthy for the first time since her junior year of high school and ready for her best season ever.

Not sure what the "Crenshaw and Slauson" reference means, but can I hang out on Fairfax and Slauson since I lived near there for a while and still know people in Inglewood.

Ha ha, "Crenshaw and Slauson" referencing the old days of when we use to hang out there cruising down the street. "Keeping it moving."

Ha ha, "Crenshaw and Slauson" referencing the old days of when we use to hang out there cruising down the street. "Keeping it moving."

The 'Shaw was ruff in the 80' but turned around a bit lately with the light rail going through & station at Hyde Park things have cleaned up somwhat.

I must have hit a nerve with @norwegian too. I don’t care haters are gonna hate and I will be booking a flight to Cary soon...

You sure make a lot of guarantees that hardly ever actually come through. A year ago you promised the forum multiple times that you were booked for a flight to France for the U20 WC. That starts next week. Were you able to get a refund?

You sure make a lot of guarantees that hardly ever actually come through. A year ago you promised the forum multiple times that you were booked for a flight to France for the U20 WC. That starts next week. Were you able to get a refund?
His DD was injured or MAP would be going to France for the U20 WWC.

Hey genius my kid got a scope after a visit to US Soccer’s doctor found a problem with her knee that had been bothering her for 3 years. Now let me ask you a question. Why isn’t your daughter in France? Is your kid good enough to get on the field with my player? Mine is a 3.8 student at a top 25 university and is the best college player at her position. How is yours doing?

Nice try pal but my kid is bullet proof. The U20 coach would love to have my player. Ask me this question in a few months when she is on the U23 roster or when she is deciding between being a first round draft choice, playing in Europe or going straight to grad school. How are your kids choices going?

You are swinging above your weight class McFly.

Show me one guarantee that didn’t? Oh and I will be in Cary in December. How about you?

I agree with @Surfref if you want to get into a flame war with me I am game but let’s take it to the D1 talk thread. Since 90%+ of the kids of parents on this forum won’t ever play D1 it won’t be a distraction to the people looking for good info on recruiting. I’m ready and willing...

His DD was injured or MAP would be going to France for the U20 WWC.

No she wouldn't, but that's not a slight. She still is a wonderful player. And yes my oldest runs in the same soccer circles as Maps amazing daughter. They know each other well.
Having a wonderful kid doesn't preclude the father from being a world class douche. And I know of nobody in those same circles who doesnt believe that 1) KM is a great kid and a wonderful player and, 2) her dad is an insufferable blowhard.

No she wouldn't, but that's not a slight. She still is a wonderful player. And yes my oldest runs in the same soccer circles as Maps amazing daughter. They know each other well.
Having a wonderful kid doesn't preclude the father from being a world class douche. And I know of nobody in those same circles who doesnt believe that 1) KM is a great kid and a wonderful player and, 2) her dad is an insufferable blowhard.
SPOT ON

I don’t agree! My DD was club teammates with 2 defenders who made the U20 squad and KM is just as good if not better than those 2 players.

Last edited:
I don’t agree! My DD was club teammates with 2 defenders who made the U20 squad and KM is just as good if not better than those 2 players.

I’m not sure who they are referring to but the people in the know say that my kid is the best 1v1 defender in the country and it isn’t very close. August is here so the bull$hit stops and actions talk. I’ll be in Cary in December and my kid will graduate in 16 months Summa Cum Laude and will be one of the first 4 players chosen in the NWSL draft in 2020 if she decides to play domestically. Haters gonna hate.

You wish that your kid ran in the same circles and you say many things without corroboration. I welcome anybody that thinks anything about me to say it to my face like a man (or woman) otherwise you are just a bitching a$$ pu$$y.

Except she chokes in big games and has yet to stop game winning goals in the last two NCAA finals. Go ahead, book that loss to Cary. I am looking forward to watching it.

Back