Recruiting Tips for Parents Just Starting the Process

No, NoGoal rents his clubs.
With my club hoeing ways. You can actually say that, since I just traded in my Callaway Sub Zero Epic 3 wood for the Rogue Sub Zero 3 wood. On the launch monitor I was getting 15 yards more, because of 1K less backspin.

I would say there are just as many elite academic universities at the D3 level that can rival the elite academic universities at the D1 level (education wise) than D2 or NAIA. The only D2 that comes to mind as an elite academic university in SoCal is UCSD and they are going D1 by 2021. The other D2’s that come to mind are Dominguez Hills, Cal State LA, Azusa Pacific....not exactly difficult universities to gain admissions to. NAIA in SoCal to name a couple consists of Soka University and Concordia University. Where as D3 consists of Claremont Colleges, Occidental, Cal-Tech which their education rivals or surpasses the levels at USC, UCLA, UCI, UCSB, Pepperdine and alike.
You forgot your Alma Mater CPP.

You forgot your Alma Mater CPP.
True and Cal Poly Pomona University being D2 isn’t difficult to gain admissions either with a 39% acceptance rate. It is harder than Dominguez Hills, Cal State LA and San Bernardino though and harder than D1 Cal State Fullerton.

Last edited:
With my club hoeing ways. You can actually say that, since I just traded in my Callaway Sub Zero Epic 3 wood for the Rogue Sub Zero 3 wood. On the launch monitor I was getting 15 yards more, because of 1K less backspin.
That's kinda why I want to play with you, I might be able to get a few new clubs.

Yup truth is harsh, just like you’re an asshole!

I also don’t care if, I’m banned or put in time-out. I don’t get on his forum much anymore! The golf forum is better anyways!

My Gun and Scuba Diving forums are both positive and helpful. The volleyball forum that my sister (her daughters play) introduced me too does not have adults writing disparaging remarks about kids or college age players. This soccer forum seems to be the only place that I have seen where adults are outright a-holes toward kids or make disparaging comments about a kid to try put down an adult poster.

My Gun and Scuba Diving forums are both positive and helpful. The volleyball forum that my sister (her daughters play) introduced me too does not have adults writing disparaging remarks about kids or college age players. This soccer forum seems to be the only place that I have seen where adults are outright a-holes toward kids or make disparaging comments about a kid to try put down an adult poster.
What kind of guns?

Since we are in a thread related to collegiate sports, here is some trivia for today in history. On 3 August 1852 America's first intercollegiate athletic event was held as crews from Yale and Harvard raced on Lake Winnipesaukee in Center Harbor, NH.

The posters on the golf forum are so nice and helpful. It was an environment I had to get use to after SoCal Soccer. Hahahaha!

It didn’t matter if your a scratch or 30 hdcp golfer. They all love the game and have respect for each other. There are posters who postt their dislikes on certain brand name clubs though, lol!

Last edited:
Can you provide an elite NAIA academic university? I can easily name a few D3 elite universities outside SoCal such as Tufts, Carnegie Mellon, and NYU.
It depends on the Major your looking for but since NAIA schools are small liberal arts schools it would be those subjects. Off of the top of my head schools like George Fox in OR and Westmont here in So Cal offer great Elementary Education programs. If your kid wants to be a Dr. then an NAIA school is not gonna work.

one
What kind of guns?

22, 9, 40, 45, 223(556), 240, 270, 375, and 12-guage. Not a big fan of the AR or AK since they are such a pain in the ass to own in Cali and I only have one left that I plan to sell within the year. Highly prefer my Ruger Mini-14 5.56 18.5" (have backup tactical 16.1" barrel) over the AR/AK platforms. I can shoot far more accurately and just as quick with it. I really don't see the appeal of an AR if you cannot use it on burst or semi modes. For a pistol I prefer S&W M&P 40 or 45, not really a 9mm fan but have a Beretta. All of my pistols are S&W M&P so I can pick anyone up and they all feel the same in my hand with the only different being the kick. My Ruger .375 will drop just about anything smaller than a hippo. Highly recommend the Remington Model 783 in 270win for a deer and other game deer and smaller. Really good for wild boar. And, the always dependable Rugger 10/22. Now I am in the mood to go to the range after work and put a couple 100 rounds down range.

Okay, back to soccer.

one

22, 9, 40, 45, 223(556), 240, 270, 375, and 12-guage. Not a big fan of the AR or AK since they are such a pain in the ass to own in Cali and I only have one left that I plan to sell within the year. Highly prefer my Ruger Mini-14 5.56 18.5" (have backup tactical 16.1" barrel) over the AR/AK platforms. I can shoot far more accurately and just as quick with it. I really don't see the appeal of an AR if you cannot use it on burst or semi modes. For a pistol I prefer S&W M&P 40 or 45, not really a 9mm fan but have a Beretta. All of my pistols are S&W M&P so I can pick anyone up and they all feel the same in my hand with the only different being the kick. My Ruger .375 will drop just about anything smaller than a hippo. Highly recommend the Remington Model 783 in 270win for a deer and other game deer and smaller. Really good for wild boar. And, the always dependable Rugger 10/22. Now I am in the mood to go to the range after work and put a couple 100 rounds down range.

Okay, back to soccer.
I am partial to Colts myself, big 1911/hi-power fan. I have an ar and love to shoot it, ca legal. weatherby 270 mag, 300 short mag and an old winchester 30-30.
I do also have a colt single action army customized by Bob Munden and 3 1911's.

I am partial to Colts myself, big 1911/hi-power fan. I have an ar and love to shoot it, ca legal. weatherby 270 mag, 300 short mag and an old winchester 30-30.
I do also have a colt single action army customized by Bob Munden and 3 1911's.

I had a Para Ordinance 1911, but sold it a couple years ago after having some problems with the hammer and I wanted to standardize my pistols. The 1911and my S&W 45 will definitely stop someone or an animal in it's tracks. The Beretta 9mm is the only non-S&W I own. I shot a Weatherby 270 a couple years ago. Nice rifle and accurate.

The most prestigious D3 is MIT (except for crewing where its D1).

Other D3s worth noting are U of Chicago, Coast Guard Academy, Washington University in St. Louis, Vassar, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute amongst others. Don't forget UC Santa Cruz is a D3 also.

Getting back to one of the comments about how we know many more D1's because of sports programs, its so true. If some the schools didn't have athletics, they would just be another college. It really helps to be D1 in football and basketball. TV coverage does wonders to people's awareness of names.

True and Cal Poly Pomona University being D2 isn’t difficult to gain admissions either with a 39% acceptance rate. It is harder than Dominguez Hills, Cal State LA and San Bernardino though and harder than D1 Cal State Fullerton.
One of the top Landscape Architecture schools in the country.

Back