Girls Development Academy

I just checked the 3 big Dallas clubs and they show the same trend. Wonder if this might be common to large urban areas. Perhaps areas with large talent pools are less likely to need '02s to fill out the rosters?

Total Starts:
DALLAS TEXANS 220
2001 190
2002 30
FC DALLAS 219
2001 184
2002 35
SOLAR SOCCER CLUB 209
2001 186
2002 23

Not apples to apples. The Frontier Conference (and Dallas) currently has 02 DA teams as a pilot program. The Frontier this past year has single age groups for 05s through 01s. Specific U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 DA teams exist and the only combined age is U18/19. The U13 and U16 teams were pilot programs this year in the Frontier, and have been confirmed to be in place again next year. Those clubs each have six DA teams, not four like most of the country.

So, of course the Dallas teams don't have a lot of 02s on the 01 DA team. Most 02s play on the U16 DA team and most 01s play on the U17 DA team.

Not apples to apples. The Frontier Conference (and Dallas) currently has 02 DA teams as a pilot program. The Frontier this past year has single age groups for 05s through 01s. Specific U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 DA teams exist and the only combined age is U18/19. The U13 and U16 teams were pilot programs this year in the Frontier, and have been confirmed to be in place again next year. Those clubs each have six DA teams, not four like most of the country.

So, of course the Dallas teams don't have a lot of 02s on the 01 DA team. Most 02s play on the U16 DA team and most 01s play on the U17 DA team.
The FC Dallas DA webpage shows they have a combined u16/17 team this year. Same thing for all of the other teams in that division. Those plans for the pilot u16 teams are for next year.
http://fcdl.ussoccerda.com/home.php

Thanks everyone for all the excellent, in-depth research. It's crazy how much different than the rest of the country we are here in So Cal. Guess Dallas area too.

So like I said. The combined age groups are older player heavy. This means as situated, a lot of 03 girls have serious decions to make.

I know tons of 03s felt like they missed out on high school this year, so playing DPL or ECNL and practicing 3 days a week may be a welcoming call to many.

I just don't see how the DA thrives with the younger ages in combo groups having girls out of the system for a year. Are they expected to want to return? I'm not sure about the thought process.

Anyways, I think if you really want them developing you have to keep them in the system. The pilot program in the Frontier group sounds like a good idea mostly. No matter how they do it, the dedication, talent and coaching has to be there.

Thanks everyone for all the excellent, in-depth research. It's crazy how much different than the rest of the country we are here in So Cal. Guess Dallas area too.

So like I said. The combined age groups are older player heavy. This means as situated, a lot of 03 girls have serious decions to make.

I know tons of 03s felt like they missed out on high school this year, so playing DPL or ECNL and practicing 3 days a week may be a welcoming call to many.

I just don't see how the DA thrives with the younger ages in combo groups having girls out of the system for a year. Are they expected to want to return? I'm not sure about the thought process.

Anyways, I think if you really want them developing you have to keep them in the system. The pilot program in the Frontier group sounds like a good idea mostly. No matter how they do it, the dedication, talent and coaching has to be there.
Word is the pilot program is coming to So Cal for the 2003 age group. DA structure, no high school and same showcases.

Word is the pilot program is coming to So Cal for the 2003 age group. DA structure, no high school and same showcases.

My girl would like to play in the combo group, but I still think this is a wonderful idea. May be what the girls need to break years of habits and cultivate the ones needed to succeed with this style of play.

Major changes for next year. 02 and 03 split in So Cal. Only combined age is 00/01. 7 subs in all ages except 00/01.

And where can we find out more on this?

You would of had to be at the meeting yesterday here in NC. It will come out next week in a presentation re-cap.

I should add, the 03 is not nationwide. Only So Cal and Frontier. Might add one more.

You would of had to be at the meeting yesterday here in NC. It will come out next week in a presentation re-cap.

I should add, the 03 is not nationwide. Only So Cal and Frontier. Might add one more.

Ok. I'm glad they didn't ignore the issue of players being left out in if they kept the grouping system status quo. How was the reaction during the meeting?

Looking at the numbers, So Cap is a gigantic reason the national percentage of olders vs youngers on the team is at 68%.

Thank goodness, now maybe Lambchop will stop whining that life is not fair.

The DA only cares about the development of the unicorns. The rest are training dummies. The thought process is sound to achieve the goal. Keep drinking the koolaid.

Point of information, I never said that. What I said is honesty and integrity are important for what DA conveyed! Like I said, you probably were not at the meetings. You are very good at interrupting statements to fit what your agenda is. Interesting that you were so concerned when you didn't even have a dd that would be affected. If the decision does happen officially next week, I am happy for all the girls who want to continue to develop.

If I'm correct the pilot teams games will be playing friendlies as there be no point system or playoffs at the end of the season. Plus they will not be able to play High School. If someone has heard different I'd like to hear about how it is to workout.

Back