Blues COVID email

But policy for a great country like the USA is not set by exception, it's established for the normal people who don't carry a confederate flag and who want to love thy neighbor and for the immigrants and people of all colors who make this country great.
Isn't BLM and full Dem support for it creating policy by exception? Isn't defund the police, etc all by exception? The number of unarmed black men shot by the police in any given year you can count on a hand or two.

And the list goes one.

To pretend one side is pure and the other side is evil is naive at a minimum or simply partisanship (most likely).

LOL, he's done an amazing job on Covid. This guy tweets something similar every day.

It really boggles the mind to think that we are the only country in the world suffering from Covid this way, the President has admittedly lied about the seriousness of it and flaunts his own experts advice on mask all the time, but you think because we were the 42nd country to close our borders he did a good job.
where were you in february when fauci said the situation with COVID is minuscule? He said we should be focused on the flu. did you read the article for usa today? its quoting from fauci interview in february after the president took actions that the left said was xenophobic.

B

But in times of crisis, the feds had an opportunity to step up. Normally states can manage on their own. It exposed a lot of weaknesses in national leadership that continue to get worse.
We'll just agree to disagree. I don't know what "stepping up" means. The system isn't designed for the federal government to take the lead on domestic emergencies. I agree the messaging certainly has been lacking. If you are referring to politicians being political, then yes, rhetoric should have been more moderate

Even when there were limited federal directives, many governors publicly stated that the federal government was limited in power. It's all political BS - NY is a perfect example. You can't have it both ways, but that's called politics. Wyoming's needs are different from New York's needs, from Washington's needs, Oregons, etc..you get the point.

I will say that it may be time to re-look how the government responds to public health emergencies. Federal regulations give more power to states than to the federal government. In this case, the cross border nature of this event may force the Public Health community to re-look things. But this is a big ask of a government that is so deeply divided and partisan. Everyone wants to be the hero for their ideological cause

Isn't BLM and full Dem support for it creating policy by exception? Isn't defund the police, etc all by exception? The number of unarmed black men shot by the police in any given year you can count on a hand or two.

And the list goes one.

To pretend one side is pure and the other side is evil is naive at a minimum or simply partisanship (most likely).
Do you count 100s or 1000s on one hand or two? Just google back people shot by policy in 2020 and you'll get facts, but I guess you have big hands and know everything. Hey, a black guy without a gun gets shot, why should that bother you?

So, you're head is in the desert sand. If you can pull it out, ask yourself this question. Why does BLM exist? Try a little empathy before you answer.

As far as your next comment, elections are about the choice between the lesser of the two evils. I would guess from your perspective, I can see you'd like the sore loser who refuses to concede power when he loses. It's kinda like running on the field and crying when your team loses. No one likes a sore loser, but is that what you teach your children?

Both sides honestly kinda suck, but one is much worse.

Do you count 100s or 1000s on one hand or two? Just google back people shot by policy in 2020 and you'll get facts, but I guess you have big hands and know everything. Hey, a black guy without a gun gets shot, why should that bother you?

So, you're head is in the desert sand. If you can pull it out, ask yourself this question. Why does BLM exist? Try a little empathy before you answer.

As far as your next comment, elections are about the choice between the lesser of the two evils. I would guess from your perspective, I can see you'd like the sore loser who refuses to concede power when he loses. It's kinda like running on the field and crying when your team loses. No one likes a sore loser, but is that what you teach your children?

Both sides honestly kinda suck, but one is much worse.

Why doesn't it bother you when 7 of them kill each other on a daily basis? We know why the organization exists... to do away with the traditional family unit that doesn't exponentially lead to no education and lots of incarceration. OH WAIT! They just removed that paragraph.

What do you do when the annual flu comes around, which stats show it’s much worse for kids then COVID? SDSU has had over 1000 kids diagnosed with COVID; Zero hospitalizations; all recovered. Open up all sports and schools. Simple.
Not true, SDSU currently has a student hospitalized. But the big question is, how many other people have those other 999 students passed the virus onto others? With the flu, you know you are sick, others know you are sick, easy to avoid. Oh, when the flu comes around I get my flu shot.

Not true, SDSU currently has a student hospitalized. But the big question is, how many other people have those other 999 students passed the virus onto others? With the flu, you know you are sick, others know you are sick, easy to avoid. Oh, when the flu comes around I get my flu shot.
The data just keeps coming in.

Reopening schools isn’t spreading coronavirus, say public health experts. Early evidence “suggests that opening schools may not be as risky as many have feared,” report Laura Meckler and Valerie Strauss in the Washington Post. While students and teachers have become sick with coronavirus, there’s “little evidence that the virus is spreading inside buildings.”

lenagranefelt-girlswithacomputer-916-2048x1152-1.jpg

Sweden, which didn’t close schools, reported no higher rate of infection among schoolchildren than in Finland, where schools did close in spring. Photo: Lena Granefelt
The new National COVID-19 School Response Data Dashboard released its first data showing low levels of infection among students and teachers. Emily Oster, a Brown economics professor who helped create the dashboard, said school coronavirus rates are “much lower” than those in the surrounding community.

Why doesn't it bother you when 7 of them kill each other on a daily basis? We know why the organization exists... to do away with the traditional family unit that doesn't exponentially lead to no education and lots of incarceration. OH WAIT! They just removed that paragraph.
Black on black violence is something you should do more research on before you start talking about it.

Of course, the apple doesn’t fall from the fear tree.
They love the independence and freedom. They are highly self motivated, successful students and athletes. No need on our part to push them. They know how to occupy their time and are incredibly creative, no whining or moaning about "poor me"!

A black guy with a gun getting shot doesn't bother me. Nor does a white guy with a gun, etc.

The BLM crap and the defund the police idiocy is supposedly related to UNARMED black guys getting shot without as they claim any reason. Those cases you can count on a couple of hands any year. Go look up their poster boys. That by definition is creating policy by exception.

The data just keeps coming in.

Reopening schools isn’t spreading coronavirus, say public health experts. Early evidence “suggests that opening schools may not be as risky as many have feared,” report Laura Meckler and Valerie Strauss in the Washington Post. While students and teachers have become sick with coronavirus, there’s “little evidence that the virus is spreading inside buildings.”

lenagranefelt-girlswithacomputer-916-2048x1152-1.jpg

Sweden, which didn’t close schools, reported no higher rate of infection among schoolchildren than in Finland, where schools did close in spring. Photo: Lena Granefelt
The new National COVID-19 School Response Data Dashboard released its first data showing low levels of infection among students and teachers. Emily Oster, a Brown economics professor who helped create the dashboard, said school coronavirus rates are “much lower” than those in the surrounding community.
Sweden is a failed experiment. And there's a key point you are missing. If someone spreads it from school and someone dies and the school gets sued, everything closes down again. Part of the AMerican system is the freedom to sue someone, like it or not, some idiot will do it. It's as much of the problem as the system itself, and we all benefit and lose from it.

Black on black violence is something you should do more research on before you start talking about it.

I know black on black murders average about 2,500 per year and there's an average of 225 black people killed in confrontations with police. What Hound told you was "unarmed" deaths. There aren't that many. I don't need to research what the latest excuse is for B on B crime... I'm sure it's somebody else's fault.

A black guy with a gun getting shot doesn't bother me. Nor does a white guy with a gun, etc.

The BLM crap and the defund the police idiocy is supposedly related to UNARMED black guys getting shot without as they claim any reason. Those cases you can count on a couple of hands any year. Go look up their poster boys. That by definition is creating policy by exception.
When you ask why people are protesting rather than getting mad at the protests you will have less stress about this. Would you prefer to live in a country where you get disappeared when you protest?

I know black on black murders average about 2,500 per year and there's an average of 225 black people killed in confrontations with police. What Hound told you was "unarmed" deaths. There aren't that many. I don't need to research what the latest excuse is for B on B crime... I'm sure it's somebody else's fault.
So your point is black people don't have a right to stand up for equal rights? Or what are you getting at? This figure is also more like 4-5 times higher than you say, but the point from the people protesting and standing up for their rights is that 1 life is too much, and then there's a history of how black people are treated worldwide throughout history. So, you're angry at people for speaking up and joining movements, or the few who screw it up for everyone?

Back