Blues COVID email

What additional federal resources do you think are needed?
The federal resources that are needed are the ones that all large companies have already put in place in order to survive. Basically, a mindset that the virus does exist and we are going to fight it. Look at every state as part of the United States. Look at every state and consider how we can help. Densely populated states need more support and rural states need the same support in densely populated areas. In other words, after 9/11 we put a threat meter in place. Easy to do. If you looked at the US in terms of risk you could color code in every state in a level of risk from 1 to 5 instead of fighting red vs. blue. Focus on critical industries to support the supply chain. Equal access to safety equipment. Every governor proceeds with a national mindset and not a local one. Support for government agencies and respect for science. I did this in 5 minutes. In three words: A FUCKING PLAN.

The federal resources that are needed are the ones that all large companies have already put in place in order to survive. Basically, a mindset that the virus does exist and we are going to fight it. Look at every state as part of the United States. Look at every state and consider how we can help. Densely populated states need more support and rural states need the same support in densely populated areas. In other words, after 9/11 we put a threat meter in place. Easy to do. If you looked at the US in terms of risk you could color code in every state in a level of risk from 1 to 5 instead of fighting red vs. blue. Focus on critical industries to support the supply chain. Equal access to safety equipment. Every governor proceeds with a national mindset and not a local one. Support for government agencies and respect for science. I did this in 5 minutes. In three words: A FUCKING PLAN.

In your mind there was zero coordination between federal planners and their local counterparts? You are saying that the norms of emergency planning (consequence/crisis management,), coordination, synchronization and years of demonstrated coordinated response was thrown out the window. That career emergency planners sat on their hands and did nothing for political gain?

I get it, the nosebleed section of our government has played politics with this - pick a side and you can get an example. But the blanket idea that there wasn't a coordinated, vertical response to this is a reach. The media loves this narrative, one side says no plan, the other side says the plan was perfect. Like in every national emergency response, the truth lies somewhere in the middle, always room for improvement and opportunity to sustain what has gone well.

I would certainly agree with you if you said the political white noise during this election year has hampered the ability of professionals to do their job effectively. What you are saying above is nothing but talking points and main stream media hysterics. I won't go point by point above but please point out where equipment that was procured by the federal government was not delivered to a location that resulted in the health system being short equipment. There was plenty of hysterical reporting in the media about hospitals "on the verge" of being short.

In your mind there was zero coordination between federal planners and their local counterparts? You are saying that the norms of emergency planning (consequence/crisis management,), coordination, synchronization and years of demonstrated coordinated response was thrown out the window. That career emergency planners sat on their hands and did nothing for political gain?

I get it, the nosebleed section of our government has played politics with this - pick a side and you can get an example. But the blanket idea that there wasn't a coordinated, vertical response to this is a reach. The media loves this narrative, one side says no plan, the other side says the plan was perfect. Like in every national emergency response, the truth lies somewhere in the middle, always room for improvement and opportunity to sustain what has gone well.

I would certainly agree with you if you said the political white noise during this election year has hampered the ability of professionals to do their job effectively. What you are saying above is nothing but talking points and main stream media hysterics. I won't go point by point above but please point out where equipment that was procured by the federal government was not delivered to a location that resulted in the health system being short equipment. There was plenty of hysterical reporting in the media about hospitals "on the verge" of being short.
I think we generally agree here, and I agree that media hype always gets in the way. But the job of those in power is to act and not be distracted by the media and call the media the problem or the solution. The mindset from the beginning was red vs. blue, and still is today. Why did Maryland have to procure Covid test kits from Korea? And in what universe would the USA need to do this? Why is the greatest country in the world lacking for supplies? Why did the feds make states compete for resources? This will be political, but why was Cuomo asking for ventilators? I can't understand this. Why did a whistleblower say the task force was trying to manipulate data? The entire goal of this was to protect the stock market. Disinformation and misinformation are always there, but it continues to get worse and there is no sign of improvement. Any national plan puts us in better shape today.

If that's your view of the world, then it's adding fuel to the fire. Do you care that players on those teams have suffered from the virus? If you look at this in a rational way it's really easy to read. The green states have much lower population density for the most part and are in safer areas and have lower risk of contracting or spreading the virus due to geography. If those players did not travel far, were tested regularly like pros are, had the ability to isolate so they didn't spread it to others then it's. Can that happen for HS students so their parents aren't infected?

I think we generally agree here, and I agree that media hype always gets in the way. But the job of those in power is to act and not be distracted by the media and call the media the problem or the solution. The mindset from the beginning was red vs. blue, and still is today. Why did Maryland have to procure Covid test kits from Korea? And in what universe would the USA need to do this? Why is the greatest country in the world lacking for supplies? Why did the feds make states compete for resources? This will be political, but why was Cuomo asking for ventilators? I can't understand this. Why did a whistleblower say the task force was trying to manipulate data? The entire goal of this was to protect the stock market. Disinformation and misinformation are always there, but it continues to get worse and there is no sign of improvement. Any national plan puts us in better shape today.
No disagreement from me on anything here. It was going to be political from the beginning, there was no way around it. It's why our legislative body has some of the lowest approval ratings, around 75% disapproval.

To your point about Maryland, it's likely that was a recommendation from the federal government as a solution to getting product there faster. Many federal organizations involved in procurement of PPE and they are given plenty of leash to conduct acquisition to meet timelines. I don't see anything wrong with that, especially early on when access was tight. Ventilators, well, that was political. They were never going to run out of them but it made for great doom, gloom, and ghoul headlines. Plenty of ventilators to go around, now we have too many. I'm sure we'll stockpile some and sell some.

The federal governments role is to provide resources and focus regionally, not develop a one fit all national plan. We are not Sweden, Korea, Germany, etc. Many in the hysterical media, who don't understand how this country is structured and organized to respond to emergencies will continue to put blame on the lack of a national plan. With that said, not much articulation of what is being actually done is happening. That would help with the temperature of this country -----but it's an election year.

B
No disagreement from me on anything here. It was going to be political from the beginning, there was no way around it. It's why our legislative body has some of the lowest approval ratings, around 75% disapproval.

To your point about Maryland, it's likely that was a recommendation from the federal government as a solution to getting product there faster. Many federal organizations involved in procurement of PPE and they are given plenty of leash to conduct acquisition to meet timelines. I don't see anything wrong with that, especially early on when access was tight. Ventilators, well, that was political. They were never going to run out of them but it made for great doom, gloom, and ghoul headlines. Plenty of ventilators to go around, now we have too many. I'm sure we'll stockpile some and sell some.

The federal governments role is to provide resources and focus regionally, not develop a one fit all national plan. We are not Sweden, Korea, Germany, etc. Many in the hysterical media, who don't understand how this country is structured and organized to respond to emergencies will continue to put blame on the lack of a national plan. With that said, not much articulation of what is being actually done is happening. That would help with the temperature of this country -----but it's an election year.
But in times of crisis, the feds had an opportunity to step up. Normally states can manage on their own. It exposed a lot of weaknesses in national leadership that continue to get worse.

My point is, our access to information is limited and those in highest office know a lot more than us and have continued to provide misinformation that has and will continue to add to the death count, unnecessarily.

Setting aside this little political exchange....just an aside...with the internet this is no longer true. It used to be the so-called expert class captured information because they were the only ones that had access to it. The internet has changed all that. You have access to most of the studies and data that they do. Think critically, think for yourself, and don't let others of any political stripe think for you.

I'll tell this story again. Several months ago, my doctors misdiagnosed a very bad bacterial infection. They told me to keep dong what I was doing even though I was very quickly deteriorating. I did my research and insisted on several more tests. Turns out another week on the same course would have landed me at the minimum long term in the hospital, or quite possibly my kids would have had to bury me. But my friends, even my folks said "trust the experts". Question everything, be persistent, be insistent, and think for yourself.

Setting aside this little political exchange....just an aside...with the internet this is no longer true. It used to be the so-called expert class captured information because they were the only ones that had access to it. The internet has changed all that. You have access to most of the studies and data that they do. Think critically, think for yourself, and don't let others of any political stripe think for you.

I'll tell this story again. Several months ago, my doctors misdiagnosed a very bad bacterial infection. They told me to keep dong what I was doing even though I was very quickly deteriorating. I did my research and insisted on several more tests. Turns out another week on the same course would have landed me at the minimum long term in the hospital, or quite possibly my kids would have had to bury me. But my friends, even my folks said "trust the experts". Question everything, be persistent, be insistent, and think for yourself.
On one point we can agree. Everyone needs to take charge of their own health. Sadly my kids' doctors have given a lot of bad advice over the years and we always question it and continue to. This is a soccer forum so everyone understands the MDs look at the greater number of kids who come in and think their advice for a serious soccer player will work. It almost never did. I mean, not one of those MDs ever considered a chiropractor. Those who do what the doctor ordered without seeing other options or considering it have a less chance of being happy and healthy. But I disagree on your interpretation of the pandemic. What is known today will be contradicted tomorrow scientifically according to the virus because we know so little about it, but certain things that we are being told are just common sense and we have national and global data to show that we are in trouble and that we will be until there is a vaccine, better national leadership and a proven therapy to treat it. None of those are available yet to us.

Perhaps it’s time to warn or ban people or freeze or delete this thread . It started out ok but now consists of posts that appear to be mainly personal and dominated by a relatively small number of posters who post a lot and recently on this thread are usually not related to youth soccer . And every once in a while some useful post with interesting youth soccer information gets lost in the sea of non soccer posts .

I’m for free speech but Dominic set up another off topic section where people can express anything they want and we can all choose where we want to go and it is his forum so he can set the rules and hopefully enforce them .
I can tell you one thing, I'm not about to try to re-summarize it ;)

they own secret under ground training bunkers in AZ and Nevada. What did you think was actually behind the fences at area 51?
Not true. People tell me Blues is a secret owner of a medium-sized Pizza Restaurant chain that is headquartered in the Scottsdale area. One of these new restaurants was just built adjacent to a large municipal soccer field. You do the math.

It's not about laws. It's taking what the CDC says seriously and using common sense and not telling everyone else that the problem doesn't exist. Why not just start there?
that would be great if the advice we got from our expert was consistent with that. I pointed out that the president did take the problem serious by restricting travel on jan 31st and creating the coronavirus task force. I showed how our expert was on usa today saying the problem was minuscule and that people really needed to be focused on combating the flu. That was late February when our expert said that. the president as expected should be taking advice from our experts. do you disagree that the president took actions to combat the virus while fauci was telling the news it was a minuscule problem?

Your entire post is based on governing by exception, which is how current leadership sells everything. There are bad immigrants who are abusing the system. Yes. There are people taking advantage of government assistance and living off of our tax dollars. Yes. There are bad actors during protests. Yes. Do some women get abortions and abuse the system for their own gain? Yes. But policy for a great country like the USA is not set by exception, it's established for the normal people who don't carry a confederate flag and who want to love thy neighbor and for the immigrants and people of all colors who make this country great. The guy in charge doesn't respect anything but the exceptions that people get pissed off about. Words and actions tell the story day after day. At the highest level, there is currently no law, no order, no respect for authority, no decency, no fight for Covid, no desire for race relations. And just today 400 + top military made their choice. Why are you not with them?

that would be great if the advice we got from our expert was consistent with that. I pointed out that the president did take the problem serious by restricting travel on jan 31st and creating the coronavirus task force. I showed how our expert was on usa today saying the problem was minuscule and that people really needed to be focused on combating the flu. That was late February when our expert said that. the president as expected should be taking advice from our experts. do you disagree that the president took actions to combat the virus while fauci was telling the news it was a minuscule problem?
Our problem with fighting this virus is misinformation and infighting. If you and I both agreed to wear a mask and not fight normal safety measures, we begin to fix the problem. Cutting off travel was a good start. National lockdown was a good start. I dispute that Fauci ever committed that this is a miniscule problem. Did you see him grilling a senator yesterday on herd immunity? The actions from the top of the administration are telling us every day that we knew about the problems at the highest level and the public was told something else. Even after lockdown until today, we're still hearing go back to school, open up. And every time that happens, the virus comes back. If you're going to say those things, list the safety measures. Stop undermining advice.

Your entire post is based on governing by exception, which is how current leadership sells everything. There are bad immigrants who are abusing the system. Yes. There are people taking advantage of government assistance and living off of our tax dollars. Yes. There are bad actors during protests. Yes. Do some women get abortions and abuse the system for their own gain? Yes. But policy for a great country like the USA is not set by exception, it's established for the normal people who don't carry a confederate flag and who want to love thy neighbor and for the immigrants and people of all colors who make this country great. The guy in charge doesn't respect anything but the exceptions that people get pissed off about. Words and actions tell the story day after day. At the highest level, there is currently no law, no order, no respect for authority, no decency, no fight for Covid, no desire for race relations. And just today 400 + top military made their choice. Why are you not with them?
Join Norcaldad and me on the other thread.

I think the fact that trump restricted travel in january 31st and created the coronavirus task force, while his expert was saying this in late February is impressive:

Once again our other choice (Joe Biden) said he wouldn't have restricted travel initially and called trump xenophobic for doing it. Now he admits it was a good call. So I'm choosing the president with better decision making skills. We all know how our democrat leadership has and would have made it worse like pelosi and deblasio in february telling people to come out in large crowds to chinatown.

Other than that, tax reform. Lower taxes is great for people and businesses. It creates more jobs here in the states which resulted in the lowest unemployment we had in 50 years for all every man, woman, and race until covid hit.

First step act, helping to correct the racist crime bill that disproportionately put people of color in prison. A bill that Joe Biden literally wrote and did nothing to fix after decades in politics.

Being former military he has funded our defense department allowing us to gain control after the gains we lost to isis during obama and Hilarys rein.

I'm pro life and pro school choice which biden is against. After all he prevented busing people of color to rich white schools. He's on record saying he didnt want his white kids growing up in a racial jungle.

I can continue if you'd like but I think you get the point.

LOL, he's done an amazing job on Covid. This guy tweets something similar every day.

It really boggles the mind to think that we are the only country in the world suffering from Covid this way, the President has admittedly lied about the seriousness of it and flaunts his own experts advice on mask all the time, but you think because we were the 42nd country to close our borders he did a good job.

Our problem with fighting this virus is misinformation and infighting. If you and I both agreed to wear a mask and not fight normal safety measures, we begin to fix the problem. Cutting off travel was a good start. National lockdown was a good start. I dispute that Fauci ever committed that this is a miniscule problem. Did you see him grilling a senator yesterday on herd immunity? The actions from the top of the administration are telling us every day that we knew about the problems at the highest level and the public was told something else. Even after lockdown until today, we're still hearing go back to school, open up. And every time that happens, the virus comes back. If you're going to say those things, list the safety measures. Stop undermining advice.
you read the article where usa today said fauci called COVID minuscule, are you saying he didnt say that? just look up the interview. its on youtube. anyways move it to the other thread. I dont want to be blocked because people dont know what our expert said in interviews back in february.

Back