'23-'24 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

Those lying DOCs/coaches still exist today in ECNL/GA/any letter league. It's not about the league. Bad coaches exist in every league and will use whatever power they have to manipulate situations to their advantage.
I agree about horrible coaches but some horrible people were behind the GDA. It was easy to predict thier failure back in 2018. Naughty men running the league.

Yes, some girls are guaranteed to start based on how much parents donate in ECNL clubs or any club.
They were going to allow high school soccer based on comments based on feed back.
Clubs still have kids wear things, on feet or chest, to measure speed and amount of movement.
If your kid is as good as Messi, then no one cares what the metrics show.
ECNL is 9.5 months of soccer but just less days and less oversight to make sure the girls are training properly.
The rule was not to make mommy and daddy happy. I disagree with you on this point.
I would argue officially ECNL is only a solid 9 months out of the year if you go to playoffs and finals. Its only like 6 if you don't.

It’s been awhile since my last visit and figured I’d drop by. Got a chance to meet @Tim Powell in Florida. Awesome to meet someone from here and pretty crazy tbh. Enjoyed the conversation and comradere. No parents were injured when our DDs teams faced each other.

In other news, PDA is no longer #1 after losing for the first time in ages this weekend. Two of PDA’s players were at USYNT camp however. IMO Matchfit is actually the better team now even though they might not have as skilled players. They connect passes extremely well with pinpoint accuracy and play team ball.

MVLA is the new #1 but I honestly don’t know if they are that good. I am more curious if Solar can put things together before playoffs. This year is a toss up I believe and at least a dozen probably have a decent chance at winning. If I had to bet, I would still take a team from SW, Texas, or N.A.

Also, since FC Virginia completely blew up, we moved our DD back to ECNL with Bethesda a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the team needs a lot of help. I’m doing my best to remain optimistic but it’s not easy since we are heading into freshman year. I don’t know how visibility will be affected of the team stays at bottom table. If anyone has any insights on that, feel free to DM me.

Cheers and good luck the rest of Spring!

It’s been awhile since my last visit and figured I’d drop by. Got a chance to meet @Tim Powell in Florida. Awesome to meet someone from here and pretty crazy tbh. Enjoyed the conversation and comradere. No parents were injured when our DDs teams faced each other.

In other news, PDA is no longer #1 after losing for the first time in ages this weekend. Two of PDA’s players were at USYNT camp however. IMO Matchfit is actually the better team now even though they might not have as skilled players. They connect passes extremely well with pinpoint accuracy and play team ball.

MVLA is the new #1 but I honestly don’t know if they are that good. I am more curious if Solar can put things together before playoffs. This year is a toss up I believe and at least a dozen probably have a decent chance at winning. If I had to bet, I would still take a team from SW, Texas, or N.A.

Also, since FC Virginia completely blew up, we moved our DD back to ECNL with Bethesda a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the team needs a lot of help. I’m doing my best to remain optimistic but it’s not easy since we are heading into freshman year. I don’t know how visibility will be affected of the team stays at bottom table. If anyone has any insights on that, feel free to DM me.

Welcome back Mars. Tim is the real deal. Cheers to you both :)

I can attest that Tim is one of the good ones!

Ruined or attempted to develop them (help them evolve as players) but they rejected it cause it would affect their results?
This is accurate. AR is not the issue. The club is. AR takes the fall/ ask any respectable coach or DOC at any club - as I have - and they will agree that he the finest in a losing battle called the blues …and should be coaching older girls collegiate or pro bound / not youngers …. He should be DOC - not a youth coach - pre collegiate coach - master of teaching the game / teacher / sage / if you want it. Have respect - over the small minded negativity- small minded it’s !

This is accurate. AR is not the issue. The club is. AR takes the fall/ ask any respectable coach or DOC at any club - as I have - and they will agree that he the finest in a losing battle called the blues …and should be coaching older girls collegiate or pro bound / not youngers …. He should be DOC - not a youth coach - pre collegiate coach - master of teaching the game / teacher / sage / if you want it. Have respect - over the small minded negativity- small minded it’s !
It's all the Blues fault🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I had firsthand experience and so did a very dear friend of mind and his dd and what you're saying is not true shooting star. My pals dd was leaving his old Strikers team. AR told the dad if you leave, no ODP invite for your daughter. All this because she went to da Blues. The shit he said about Tad, crazy Larry and the Baker Bros was insane. I was shocked he went to tad after turning down a bag of cash to be the Doc for OC Surf. I read the email by the way to my pal. I will ask my pal to post it for all to read. I do agree he should be in the pros. Sage my ass!!! This guy is a liar bro. He also has the keys to colleges, YNT recommendations and Pros. Trust me, the money is very nice at the youth level, especially the private sessions that allows mom and dad private access to all the keys. Get the cash out daddy and STFU and tell your beautiful dd to obey the master teacher and do as told and all well go with you.

It's all the Blues fault🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I had firsthand experience and so did a very dear friend of mind and his dd and what you're saying is not true shooting star. My pals dd was leaving his old Strikers team. AR told the dad if you leave, no ODP invite for your daughter. All this because she went to da Blues. The shit he said about Tad, crazy Larry and the Baker Bros was insane. I was shocked he went to tad after turning down a bag of cash to be the Doc for OC Surf. I read the email by the way to my pal. I will ask my pal to post it for all to read. I do agree he should be in the pros. Sage my ass!!! This guy is a liar bro. He also has the keys to colleges, YNT recommendations and Pros. Trust me, the money is very nice at the youth level, especially the private sessions that allows mom and dad private access to all the keys. Get the cash out daddy and STFU and tell your beautiful dd to obey the master teacher and do as told and all well go with you.
I have a few friends that played for that 2010 team and they have all said that AR was handed a national contending team when he first started and the top players are now gone because of his lies and lack of development promises. He promised possession but all he ever made the girls back line do is boot the ball. Go watch them play today and you'll see what I'm talking about. Now he lost the 09's that were in the national team camp. Hmm don't you all see the pattern? Why are the top players leaving his teams?

My advice for AR and the Blues. AR should have more of an administrative role. He should not be coaching young players. He should leverage his connections to benefit club and players to get them to colleges, pro etc Blues need young coaches with energy. They need to standardize the coaching across teams to develop a soccer identity. We know they are the best at the young ages at spotting talent. Many youth national team players have passed through the Blues or been discovered by Blues. They are doing it right at the young ages and having introduced a futsal program which is ideal as well for development. But come 11v11... Young coaches with passion and energy are needed to drive them to being a top contending club again.

I have a few friends that played for that 2010 team and they have all said that AR was handed a national contending team when he first started and the top players are now gone because of his lies and lack of development promises. He promised possession but all he ever made the girls back line do is boot the ball. Go watch them play today and you'll see what I'm talking about. Now he lost the 09's that were in the national team camp. Hmm don't you all see the pattern? Why are the top players leaving his teams?
One 09 player. And every Blues team is like this...national "contender" at the younger ages but then teams fall apart as they get older as players figure out that Blues ball may not be the best path forward for their future.

I also have an issue with parents that blame a coach for lack of development for their player. That finger should ALWAYS be pointed inward to the player/family first when it comes to development.

One 09 player. And every Blues team is like this...national "contender" at the younger ages but then teams fall apart as they get older as players figure out that Blues ball may not be the best path forward for their future.

I also have an issue with parents that blame a coach for lack of development for their player. That finger should ALWAYS be pointed inward to the player/family first when it comes to development.
'Every?" Look Rainbow, we know you hate da Blues but stop lying, my gosh!!!

I have issues with you 100%. Players develop themselves with the help of a coach and trainer. AR gets you deal, if you pay. Spooner at Surf tried to develop my dd by having her get a recruits mom's phone number at her only invite at US Soccer Training Center. If she did what was asked of her, she would have been developed by the #1 club in the country. I went right to him and asked him WTF is going on? He laughed it off and then asked if I would be willing to give her ride if he can convince her to come to Surf. He said she was the best talent in the country and was already picked for, "The List", before The List was announced. I took a stand with Spooner, the next guy that came and did naughty and the club was sued and then we got AR. What a time that was.

P.S. She didn't sign with Surf but she was sure picked for The List and multiple times.

Back