'23-'24 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

Does Sting have more connections into colleges than Lonestar? It sounds like no. Purely from a who's going to generate the most action around my kid, winning a National title for GA (this season) seems like a better play then maybe being in the top 10 of ECNL (next season).

I don't know; being a competitive team in the Top League vs. the top team in a Tier 2 League is a tough choice. If we apply the scenario in a different context does it make more sense; winning a Championship in USL (this season) or maybe being in the top 10 MLS (next season). I think most coaches and players would make the move to the higher tier league.

I don't know; being a competitive team in the Top League vs. the top team in a Tier 2 League is a tough choice. If we apply the scenario in a different context does it make more sense; winning a Championship in USL (this season) or maybe being in the top 10 MLS (next season). I think most coaches and players would make the move to the higher tier league.
Triple AAA Champ vs Last place in the National league West? I take the Big Leagues all day

Triple AAA Champ vs Last place in the National league West? I take the Big Leagues all day
That's not the issue.

The problem is because the Lonestar team switched to Sting at the first part of this season they can't qualify for ECNL finals. Unless ECNL gifts them some sort of pass.

The new Sting team will still likely get to play in regional showcases but they'll miss out on a year of being in the "top 20 in the nation" + ECNL finals.

If they stayed in GA until the end of the season they'd get a chance at GA finals before jumping to ECNL Sting.

That's not the issue.

The problem is because the Lonestar team switched to Sting at the first part of this season they can't qualify for ECNL finals. Unless ECNL gifts them some sort of pass.

The new Sting team will still likely get to play in regional showcases but they'll miss out on a year of being in the "top 20 in the nation" + ECNL finals.

If they stayed in GA until the end of the season they'd get a chance at GA finals before jumping to ECNL Sting.
I get it, just having fun with you bro.

That's not the issue.

Who actually cares about rankings at this age?

I feel like there's a lot of people who still care, but now that you mention it ... I have to admit I'm spending a lot less time checking the app, so I get your point

Agree with you. I still look at the rankings, more for what to expect. Gives me an idea if teams are under or overperforming.

Speaking of, my DD gets '09 PDA Blue tomorrow and then '09 SUSA ECNL on Sunday. She isn't back on the field yet (hopefully February) and going up with a teammate. I am not driving to NJ to watch what till likely be back to back smackdowns of her team. But I wish them the best. But I wish them best of luck!

Agree with you. I still look at the rankings, more for what to expect. Gives me an idea if teams are under or overperforming.

Speaking of, my DD gets '09 PDA Blue tomorrow and then '09 SUSA ECNL on Sunday. She isn't back on the field yet (hopefully February) and going up with a teammate. I am not driving to NJ to watch what till likely be back to back smackdowns of her team. But I wish them the best. But I wish them best of luck!
Respectable results, good job to your daughter’s team. I hope she is feeling better.

Not a whole lot. The dust has pretty much settled with team movement...may see an occasional ECNL player switching clubs or ECRL player being moved up. But it never ceases to amaze me how some third or fourth team player's parent thinks they can make an ECNL team. The next big thing on the horizon is college recruiting.

Reactions: LVB
But it never ceases to amaze me how some third or fourth team player's parent thinks they can make an ECNL team.
Well, let me help you out Rainbow. All parents believe in their child and think their child is amazing player. The big lie is from coach who says, "I can develop your child to be Elite. Pay me x amount and pay xtra on privates and in no time, I will make your child elite." The GDA got this rolling with 25% guaranteed starts. These were the Founders and people who bank rolled the teams. The truly Elite player got everything for free.

Well, let me help you out Rainbow. All parents believe in their child and think their child is amazing player. The big lie is from coach who says, "I can develop your child to be Elite. Pay me x amount and pay xtra on privates and in no time, I will make your child elite." The GDA got this rolling with 25% guaranteed starts. These were the Founders and people who bank rolled the teams. The truly Elite player got everything for free.
The 25% start was to ensure that ALL players selected for GDA were good enough to be on the team and would receive decent playing time. I'm really not sure why you're upset about it. It's only 25%..

The 25% start was to ensure that ALL players selected for GDA were good enough to be on the team and would receive decent playing time. I'm really not sure why you're upset about it. It's only 25%..
"Selected" is the key word. Pay for guarantee starts is dumb. I'm not upset. This is how it went down, and it hurt the purity of real competition. If your kid was truly a "B or C" team player but your parents were loaded with money, Doc and coach got the player(s) on GDA Elite team when they truly had no business playing on the top team. It hurt the top players getting better. GDA gave a C team player a start every 1 game out of 4 and they did not earn the start. We're seeing the repercussions of that today.

"Selected" is the key word. Pay for guarantee starts is dumb. I'm not upset. This is how it went down, and it hurt the purity of real competition. If your kid was truly a "B or C" team player but your parents were loaded with money, Doc and coach got the player(s) on GDA Elite team when they truly had no business playing on the top team. It hurt the top players getting better. GDA gave a C team player a start every 1 game out of 4 and they did not earn the start. We're seeing the repercussions of that today.
That's still happening a lot in ECNL. More so than it did it was happening in GDA and I don't see how that 1 in 4 start is contributing to the problem at hand.

The point of enforcing it was to prevent bad players from being added and if a bad player was added, coaches had to face the repercussion of starting that poor player every 1 in 4 games and hurting their chances of winning.

That's still happening a lot in ECNL. More so than it did it was happening in GDA and I don't see how that 1 in 4 start is contributing to the problem at hand.

The point of enforcing it was to prevent bad players from being added and if a bad player was added, coaches had to face the repercussion of starting that poor player every 1 in 4 games and hurting their chances of winning.
What is happening a lot in ECNL? Guarantee starts? The first year of the GDA 04, no playoffs and zero repercussions. That was another stupid rule. More dumb rules were no high school soccer, forcing the girls to wear a dumb vest to see how much running they do during the game and at practice. Some coaches used the vest to roast the girls who were not running 5 miles a game or at practice. Messi walks to read the game. No one makes that guy wear a dumb vest. Another dumb rule was 10 months of soccer for 12- & 13-year-olds. Fifi would not be allowed to play in the GDA and that would be horrible. The 25% rule was to make mommy and daddy happy to see their baby girl start in the Girls Development Academy, where this was the only pathway to YNT and WNT and parents would share there dd will be the next Mia. We can agree to disagree. I'm just for pure competition and sick of this pay for play model in our country and parents paying loads of cash for their kid to be elite. True elite players should never have to pay, MOO :)

Last edited:
What is happening a lot in ECNL? Guarantee starts? The first year of the GDA 04, no playoffs and zero repercussions. That was another stupid rule. More dumb rules were no high school soccer, forcing the girls to wear a dumb vest to see how much running they do during the game and at practice. Some coaches used the vest to roast the girls who were not running 5 miles a game or at practice. Messi walks to read the game. No one makes that guy wear a dumb vest. Another dumb rule was 10 months of soccer for 12- & 13-year-olds. Fifi would not be allowed to play in the GDA and that would be horrible. The 25% rule was to make mommy and daddy happy to see their baby girl start in the Girls Development Academy, where this was the only pathway to YNT and WNT and parents would share there dd will be the next Mia. We can agree to disagree. I'm just for pure competition and sick of this pay for play model in our country and parents paying loads of cash for their kid to be elite. True elite players should never have to pay, MOO :)
Yes, some girls are guaranteed to start based on how much parents donate in ECNL clubs or any club.
They were going to allow high school soccer based on comments based on feed back.
Clubs still have kids wear things, on feet or chest, to measure speed and amount of movement.
If your kid is as good as Messi, then no one cares what the metrics show.
ECNL is 9.5 months of soccer but just less days and less oversight to make sure the girls are training properly.
The rule was not to make mommy and daddy happy. I disagree with you on this point.

Yes, some girls are guaranteed to start based on how much parents donate in ECNL clubs or any club.
They were going to allow high school soccer based on comments based on feed back.
Clubs still have kids wear things, on feet or chest, to measure speed and amount of movement.
If your kid is as good as Messi, then no one cares what the metrics show.
ECNL is 9.5 months of soccer but just less days and less oversight to make sure the girls are training properly.
The rule was not to make mommy and daddy happy. I disagree with you on this point.
The lying Docs told me they were going to allow High School Soccer after the second season of GDA but that never happened. The only kids that got to do both GDA and HS Soccer were the rich mommy and daddy kids that went to private school because little Susie soccer wanted to do both and when she complains and cries to her daddy, she gets what she wants. Come on man, I witnessed this crap and experienced it. Rumor was after the third year they were going to be nice and allow the poor public-school kids to also play HS Soccer but Covid 19 hit our shores and the liars quit on everyone so we will never know for sure. The rule for the 25% was abused by coaches to make mommy and daddy happy and get them to pay, pay , pay extra for development privates and donate to the cause. I know one family that bought so many golf balls their kid started the next game.

Anyone care to predict how the Southwest Conference divisions end up with half the season gone? Seems like there there may be some uncertainty.

Texas Conference gets a little harder with Rush being added. Should be fun next year with a full strength Stong Austin and Rush added.

The lying Docs told me they were going to allow High School Soccer after the second season of GDA but that never happened. The only kids that got to do both GDA and HS Soccer were the rich mommy and daddy kids that went to private school because little Susie soccer wanted to do both and when she complains and cries to her daddy, she gets what she wants. Come on man, I witnessed this crap and experienced it. Rumor was after the third year they were going to be nice and allow the poor public-school kids to also play HS Soccer but Covid 19 hit our shores and the liars quit on everyone so we will never know for sure. The rule for the 25% was abused by coaches to make mommy and daddy happy and get them to pay, pay , pay extra for development privates and donate to the cause. I know one family that bought so many golf balls their kid started the next game.
Those lying DOCs/coaches still exist today in ECNL/GA/any letter league. It's not about the league. Bad coaches exist in every league and will use whatever power they have to manipulate situations to their advantage.

Back