'23-'24 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

Update from the great state of Texas, Lonestar, GA is now Sting Austin. Sting Austin hired their coach, she brought 15 of their players including their YNT players. They will get to ruin the party for a few teams this year. I know you Californians probably don’t care, but this is just an FYI.
Is that starting immediately? Or next season?

What happens to the existing players? Kinda sucks to hang them out to dry with only a 1/3 of the way through the season.
Texas wants to win. This is Big news in the Big State. New coach brings their top talent all the time, just like Coach Prime. This will help the girls to learn adversity and how to deal with the ups and downs in college. It does suck this is in the middle of the season.

Is this for all age groups?

Is lonestar GA done?
It has affected the 2011 and 2009 age groups. I would imagine Sting Austin will put on a full court press for remaining players at Lonestar GA. Any games that Lonestar cannot present a team to compete will be considered a forfeit on Lonestar’s behalf.

It has affected the 2011 and 2009 age groups. I would imagine Sting Austin will put on a full court press for remaining players at Lonestar GA. Any games that Lonestar cannot present a team to compete will be considered a forfeit on Lonestar’s behalf.
Lonestar is a different club.

On their Instagram they recruit (i mean celebrate inclusiveness) for M2F trans players.

Maybe this is just how you appeal to parents in Austin.

The 09 and 11 ga red teams (1st teams) will basically scratch the season. There will be no refilling their rosters. They will be replaced in the GA champions league. They followed their coach, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

Lonestar Red 09s are now listed as forfeiting all of the '23-'24 season.

Here is what I find funny...Sting Austin has just about zero chance of making ECNL playoffs this year because Sting was already 0-6-1 before the player move. In an extremely tough division, this was an incredibly dumb move by most of the players. At least the DKSC had the morality to wait until the end of the season along with the players. Instead of the coach playing the season out and possibly winning a GA title and then possibly making ECNL playoffs the following year. The ones that are hurt the most are the players by not getting to experience what it's like to possibly win a National Title. Instead, they are playing for perhaps a third tier showcase event next summer.

Don't get me wrong, this season doesn't mean much for college recruitment and I get that. It's next year, especially Spring 2025, when heavy recruiting will happen, but if Sting Austin doesn't make playoffs next season, then it was probably a poor decision. Let's also not forget this group has one of the most cancerous families in US Soccer, the Reynas...

We actually had a bench player move to Texas last summer and join Lonestar Red...

Here is what I find funny...Sting Austin has just about zero chance of making ECNL playoffs this year because Sting was already 0-6-1 before the player move. In an extremely tough division, this was an incredibly dumb move by most of the players. At least the DKSC had the morality to wait until the end of the season along with the players. Instead of the coach playing the season out and possibly winning a GA title and then possibly making ECNL playoffs the following year. The ones that are hurt the most are the players by not getting to experience what it's like to possibly win a National Title. Instead, they are playing for perhaps a third tier showcase event next summer.

Don't get me wrong, this season doesn't mean much for college recruitment and I get that. It's next year, especially Spring 2025, when heavy recruiting will happen, but if Sting Austin doesn't make playoffs next season, then it was probably a poor decision. Let's also not forget this group has one of the most cancerous families in US Soccer, the Reynas...

We actually had a bench player move to Texas last summer and join Lonestar Red...
It's an odd situation for everyone.

GA is probably pissed that Lonestar let a coach flip teams to Sting + take top talent players with them

The timing by the coach that left Lonestar for Sting seems like it was planned to cause the most amount of damage to Lonestar. There must have been bad mojo for a while for something like this to happen.

Does Sting have more connections into colleges than Lonestar? It sounds like no. Purely from a who's going to generate the most action around my kid, winning a National title for GA (this season) seems like a better play then maybe being in the top 10 of ECNL (next season).

My bet on this one is that Lonestar leadership is poor + they stumbled into wins from where they are geographically.

It would be interesting if ECNL gave the new Sting teams wildcard entries to finals.

The players are treated last, yet there the one's tearing their acl, broken bones, CTE from heading the ball and mental abuse. Who wins? Coach and new club. Old club? Sorry suckers!!!!

Well, we will know our first playoff entry by the end of this weekend. Texas Conference Cup will be held and the winners of each age bracket will gain entry to playoffs. Not sure if that is an advantage or disadvantage.

Well, we will know our first playoff entry by the end of this weekend. Texas Conference Cup will be held and the winners of each age bracket will gain entry to playoffs. Not sure if that is an advantage or disadvantage.
I see it as an opportunity Big Tex. I love Texas by the way. Prices are awesome and you do things big. Movies theaters are amazing and the food is to die for. Go Texas 100%.

The winner of the Texas Conference Cup gets a spot in the ECNL Champions League playoffs?

The winner of the Texas Conference Cup gets a spot in the ECNL Champions League playoffs?
That is correct. Winner of the Conference Cup and the next top 5 finishers at the end of the league play will hit Champions league playoff. I have heard we are a pilot program to see how it works out but who knows.

I see it as an opportunity Big Tex. I love Texas by the way. Prices are awesome and you do things big. Movies theaters are amazing and the food is to die for. Go Texas 100%.
Maybe, I think it takes away the fact that you are playing for something and without discipline I feel like it could hurt in the long run.

Texas is great! You are welcome to visit anytime you like. Maybe, we get a beer next time you get down to Dallas. We don’t have weather like California nor do we have the same quality of Birria but we are working on it.

That is correct. Winner of the Conference Cup and the next top 5 finishers at the end of the league play will hit Champions league playoff. I have heard we are a pilot program to see how it works out but who knows.
What if the winner is also in the top 5 in league play?

It's an odd situation for everyone.

GA is probably pissed that Lonestar let a coach flip teams to Sting + take top talent players with them

The timing by the coach that left Lonestar for Sting seems like it was planned to cause the most amount of damage to Lonestar. There must have been bad mojo for a while for something like this to happen.

Does Sting have more connections into colleges than Lonestar? It sounds like no. Purely from a who's going to generate the most action around my kid, winning a National title for GA (this season) seems like a better play then maybe being in the top 10 of ECNL (next season).

My bet on this one is that Lonestar leadership is poor + they stumbled into wins from where they are geographically.

It would be interesting if ECNL gave the new Sting teams wildcard entries to finals.

Agree but I don’t think they get Wild Card. That would mean they have to finish high with taking over an already a bad record They haven’t even played the tough Texas teams yet. It would also mean one of the last ones in would have to give up their spot.

Back