'23-'24 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

I'm a little less enthusiastic this coming season since my DD likely won't be back on the pitch until Spring but at least her recovery is going well thus far.

Team news - feel free to add info. Then we can all make our predictions.

North Atlantic Division - PDA picked up a few additional players but have an extremely large roster. Could affect team moral/chemistry. Matchfit lost a trio of starters, no longer relevant. Penn Fusion will rebound and finish second and will be very high quality playoff team with it's additions in '24.
Texas - Solar losses it's angry coach, adds head coach from DKSC along with some DKSC players. Guessing slow start util chemistry is developed but once they do, can only imagine how good they could possibly be. Unknown is how severly DKSC will be affected by all of this. One of the Houston ECNL teams picked up a large haul of GA players, most from former GA team, Houston Dash. Not sure which ECNL team it is though.
Mid Atlantic - Richmond has no alternative for other ECNL or GA clubs in the area. Have added a couple quality players; VDA - Gained and lost players. Some from Loudoun. Will still play 2nd fiddle to Richmond. Loudoun added a cancer to it's team and going downhill.
New England - FC Stars puts some 09s back on age and adds a couple players. SUSA and Stars will battle for top spot but neither are a threat for Nat'l Championship. GA National Champions South Shore is keeping all of it's key players so perhaps still a favorite to go back-to-back.
Nor Cal - San Juan added multiple GA players that obviously helped during playoffs. That's all I know.

SoCal don't care about GA so I'm not going to get too much into that. Just know South Shore, Tophat and Lonestar are the three teams you would have to take seriously right now if you had to play them. There are others but those are the tops for 2009 this coming year. That's all I currently know. I'm out of the info loop as I've kept more to myself this year and keeping my mouth shut.

Will be interesting to see SoCal's info and player/coach movement. A ton of potential for a super team!!!

SoCal don't care about GA so I'm not going to get too much into that.

Will be interesting to see SoCal's info and player/coach movement.

The amount of players/parents that are willing to be glued to an ECNL bench rather than playing GA or any other league is really telling….

The amount of players/parents that are willing to be glued to an ECNL bench rather than playing GA or any other league is really telling….
At least they know who the GA 2009 top competition is. (South Shore, Tophat, and Lonestar)

I'm ok with that.

At least they know who the GA 2009 top competition is. (South Shore, Tophat, and Lonestar)

I'm ok with that.

Actually, if healthy and the FCV ‘09 who went to National Camp is moved on age, I 100% think FCV will win GA this year. There is also another ‘09 play up who will definitely be back on age in the Spring. If I had seen the improvements in the roster/friendlies a month ago, I would have predicted this bold statement. The team looks really good even without the play up and my DD (hopefully will be back January ‘24). Will be tested next weekend against Richmond ECNL. In friendlies this year the 09s had a 2-1 outcome vs the 08 FCV GA team and an 8-0 outcome vs. the 07 GA 2nd team.

It’s amazing how much a team can improve with selfless play and a smaller roster.

Oh, the other thing that isn’t so bold…picking Solar again to win ECNL. That roster is absolutely stacked now. They will come together by playoff time at the latest. Unlike Chelsea, they didn’t have to pay a Billion dollars for the DKSC girls (at least I don’t think).

Oh, the other thing that isn’t so bold…picking Solar again to win ECNL. That roster is absolutely stacked now. They will come together by playoff time at the latest. Unlike Chelsea, they didn’t have to pay a Billion dollars for the DKSC girls (at least I don’t think).

taking a team that has won a national championship and then finished top 4 the next year and adding to it the top players from another top 5 team nationally certainly seems like a recipe for another national championship. I don’t think it’s going to take until playoffs to be gelled. Having watched this team last two weeks, it’s coming along quickly.Its along season and there are some great teams out there ready to compete. Should be a fun season.

taking a team that has won a national championship and then finished top 4 the next year and adding to it the top players from another top 5 team nationally certainly seems like a recipe for another national championship. I don’t think it’s going to take until playoffs to be gelled. Having watched this team last two weeks, it’s coming along quickly.Its along season and there are some great teams out there ready to compete. Should be a fun season.
Solar will be strong as always maybe snatch that top title again. But with that said Blues gave them a run for money at nationals with possession- watched part of the game but wouldn’t discount the Blues team - showing great strength against Solar.

Nice work! Looks like they overcame a predicted 2-0 loss to grab a win instead; Loudoun is no slouch! But certainly neither is your team - seeing as you can count all of the higher-rated GA teams in the country without using all of your fingers.

Well, had a rematch this morning and lost to Loudoun 3-1. Made some mistakes but oh well. Happy just to cheer on the team even when DD won’t be able to play for a few more months. It’s keeping her involved as well as showing she cares for the team and not just herself. Good luck to all of you in your opening league games next week!

Southwest ECNL
Opening games for Sonoran
Surf rebels sharks blues all won no GD.
Koge lost to blues

Mojave
Beach, Breakers takes a win
Legends yet to play

let the games behin

In the never ending debate between ECNL and the other leagues, according to the rankings app, the top 10 teams in California are all from ECNL.
Of the next 10, 5 are also from ECNL, 2 each for GA and ECRL and 1 from DPL.

Texas
Albion attracted the Houston Dash GA players, five of them. DKSC was decimated in the departure, one remaining player. Solar now has 17 of 21 kids that have been called into YNT mini camps. FCD got stronger and added 6 new players. Sting Black added 11 DKSC RL players, kept 5 NL and added an NL. Sting Royal also got a brand new roster and should be the stronger Sting team. Texans added 11 new players and should be stronger. And welcome the Colorado teams and the Conference Cup, we will know the first playoff attendee by the middle of November!

Texas
Albion attracted the Houston Dash GA players, five of them. DKSC was decimated in the departure, one remaining player. Solar now has 17 of 21 kids that have been called into YNT mini camps. FCD got stronger and added 6 new players. Sting Black added 11 DKSC RL players, kept 5 NL and added an NL. Sting Royal also got a brand new roster and should be the stronger Sting team. Texans added 11 new players and should be stronger. And welcome the Colorado teams and the Conference Cup, we will know the first playoff attendee by the middle of November!
Is this typical for Texas teams across age groups? This is a ridiculous amount of player movement.

Texas
Albion actually got 6 From Dash. Yikes!

Is this typical for Texas teams across age groups? This is a ridiculous amount of player movement.
It was due to a few things, DKSC lost 2 coaches, including their coaching director to Sting Black and DKSC lost their 09 ECNL coach to Solar, Sting Black lost an 09 coach to DKSC, Sting Royal took a coach from Solar and made him a coaching director. Sting Black lost their coaching director, he left back to Kansas. And the uncertainty of players at Solar. All of this created the most movement we have ever seen in one age group (09) but it affected many others age groups as well.

No this is not typical.

In the never ending debate between ECNL and the other leagues

The debate was ended conclusively and mathematically quite awhile back - but where would internet forums be if discussions ever actually had a stopping point. Nothing's forever of course, and at some point it's certainly possible or even likely that the landscape may change to something completely different. But it's not this season (or next, or even within the next 5).

The debate was ended conclusively and mathematically quite awhile back - but where would internet forums be if discussions ever actually had a stopping point. Nothing's forever of course, and at some point it's certainly possible or even likely that the landscape may change to something completely different. But it's not this season (or next, or even within the next 5).

Ceteris paribus, I agree, but that's a bold statement given everything we've seen happen over the past few years.

DA did survive for about 5 years on the girls side. But that was a more tenuous situation with DA and ECNL duking it out. With ECNL as top dog right now I can see the elite landscape staying stable for quite a while.

Back