'22-'23 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

Alright, here is my take, and remember, no real dog in the race since my DD is in GA.

First, great pick by @rainbow_unicorn picking Surf over Solar. Second, SW sure has shown they are toughest conference this year based on results. Congrats to the teams that have advanced!

Now, as much as I think Real Colorado is a great team, when a team is hot during playoff time, no matter pro or youth, it's something to pay attention to. I think Surf and PDA are the two top dogs. I think Surf will pull off the win over Real and likely make it to the final. They have the experience unlike Real. Not going to lie, I hope that game is streaming or something because there is going to be a ton of talent on that field.

PDA is PDA. They have the experience. They are developed the right way and are fun to watch. They also have two players who are likely to be on the U15 USYNT next year. Anything less than making the final will be a disappointment. However, if Surf cruises to the final, it's going to be a toss up.

Blues is also hot right now. Eclipse is a very good team that they beat in group play. I wouldn't write them off either.

While Legends also went 3-0, they probably had one of the easiest groups to win. While it might sound like I am playing them down, they just weren't tested like others.

MVLA is a darkhorse. I'm not sure if the amazing 2010 they have is playup or not. Regardless, this club does something right with development and always has a top notch team.

Richmond is a darkhorse. Congrats to Seattle on giving them a tie. Richmond has a style of play where they play for wins. It's not conventional, but if opponents aren't ready for it, they could advance.

Lastly, not sure what is going on with DKSC and Solar. Guessing there is probably a lot of turmoil with the coach moving to Solar. Based on current results, I can't see either with a title run this year. But hey, that's why we play. Tough to say how long it will take to get team, players, coaches, parents, and chemistry sorted out but I am positive Solar will be a good team regardless.

Not sure if teams are reseeded moving into finals or if there is a bracket!

Final 8 (My Seeds)
1. PDA
2. Surf
3. Blues
4. MVLA
5. Legends
6. Slammers Koge
7. Richmond
8. DKSC
Do they get re-seeded for final 8 brackets? Don’t know who played in the memorial tournament game but Koge recently defeated MVLA.

Alright, here is my take, and remember, no real dog in the race since my DD is in GA.

First, great pick by @rainbow_unicorn picking Surf over Solar. Second, SW sure has shown they are toughest conference this year based on results. Congrats to the teams that have advanced!

Now, as much as I think Real Colorado is a great team, when a team is hot during playoff time, no matter pro or youth, it's something to pay attention to. I think Surf and PDA are the two top dogs. I think Surf will pull off the win over Real and likely make it to the final. They have the experience unlike Real. Not going to lie, I hope that game is streaming or something because there is going to be a ton of talent on that field.

PDA is PDA. They have the experience. They are developed the right way and are fun to watch. They also have two players who are likely to be on the U15 USYNT next year. Anything less than making the final will be a disappointment. However, if Surf cruises to the final, it's going to be a toss up.

Blues is also hot right now. Eclipse is a very good team that they beat in group play. I wouldn't write them off either.

While Legends also went 3-0, they probably had one of the easiest groups to win. While it might sound like I am playing them down, they just weren't tested like others.

MVLA is a darkhorse. I'm not sure if the amazing 2010 they have is playup or not. Regardless, this club does something right with development and always has a top notch team.

Richmond is a darkhorse. Congrats to Seattle on giving them a tie. Richmond has a style of play where they play for wins. It's not conventional, but if opponents aren't ready for it, they could advance.

Lastly, not sure what is going on with DKSC and Solar. Guessing there is probably a lot of turmoil with the coach moving to Solar. Based on current results, I can't see either with a title run this year. But hey, that's why we play. Tough to say how long it will take to get team, players, coaches, parents, and chemistry sorted out but I am positive Solar will be a good team regardless.

Not sure if teams are reseeded moving into finals or if there is a bracket!

Final 8 (My Seeds)
1. PDA
2. Surf
3. Blues
4. MVLA
5. Legends
6. Slammers Koge
7. Richmond
8. DKSC

Let’s give some love to the Pacific Northwest! 3 squads making the top 16!
Phenomenal showing from the SW conference and congrats to all 16 teams. Fun to watch from the outside looking in! Here’s my 8. Solar bounces back and finds a way to the elite 8. Would be a bummer to not see PDA in there but hey it’s soccer right. Had to throw in a super sleeper in and show some love for the PNW!

Final 8 (Non Seeded)
1. PDA if they play KC. They out if they play Solar.
1.Solar
2. Surf
3. Blues
4. United FC
5. MVLA
6. DKSC- they out if they play Solar. In if they play KC
6:Solar
7. Richmond
8. Seattle United- ya ya I know. Far fetched and my super sleeper. Got to show some love for the PNW!

Little known tidbit of information…remember the USYS team KC Legends that was highly ranked? Well they’re star forward (maybe best in US) moved to KC Athletics before the ECNL deadline and is now playing with them. I saw today she scored 4 goals in yesterday’s game. Kudos to Legends for keeping her out of the net. She is a pretty amazing player.

Unless they the refs turn the games into a football scrum, Texas teams aren’t playing well. Now I don’t know the brackets, but back in Feb-March, I predicted Surf and potentially Koge if healthy advancing to final 8. Blues will advance o the final 8 with their matchup. Koge don’t know if healthy but will be favored, and a surf team that just ripped Solar. PNW had a great showing, didn’t see that happening but glad they’re participating in final 16.

Unless they the refs turn the games into a football scrum, Texas teams aren’t playing well. Now I don’t know the brackets, but back in Feb-March, I predicted Surf and potentially Koge if healthy advancing to final 8. Blues will advance o the final 8 with their matchup. Koge don’t know if healthy but will be favored, and a surf team that just ripped Solar. PNW had a great showing, didn’t see that happening but glad they’re participating in final 16.
Koge and Legends advance; surf up 2-0 at half. Richmond up 1-0 at half

I’m going with Blues to win the belt, They have always been top top and seem to be peaking. Feels like it’s their time. Congrats to the elite 8!

I’m going with Blues to win the belt, They have always been top top and seem to be peaking. Feels like it’s their time. Congrats to the elite 8!
Maybe so, but being contrarian, they had an easy path to the elite 8. Matchups will be key, they seem to be a one trick pony, and if she’s marked, they will have issues. Each team has their issues but who can adapt. In playoffs, I like teams that can win close games similar to MLB. I recall the SF Giants one championship season, winning all the one run games.

Maybe so, but being contrarian, they had an easy path to the elite 8. Matchups will be key, they seem to be a one trick pony, and if she’s marked, they will have issues. Each team has their issues but who can adapt. In playoffs, I like teams that can win close games similar to MLB. I recall the SF Giants one championship season, winning all the one run games.
My dd was called a one trick pony when she played for da Blues...lol. Is the Elite 8 in ECNL single elimination or group play?

Based on what I saw of the Sweet 16 games, no one is in the same league as PDA.

didn’t get to see them. What’s ur intel on their play? PDA tied Matchfit a couple times this year, who lost to Koge.
PDA has a lot of scoring options. Their MF and defense are solid, hard to break through. I think Surf and Solar are only teams that can beat PDA at finals this year.

If the bracket is setup like last year... PDA will have most of the lower ranked teams on their path to the finals.

If the bracket is setup like last year... PDA will have most of the lower ranked teams on their path to the finals.
Is there such a thing as lower rank really in the elite 8? Koge often gives surf a hard time and has wins - blues has a hard time against surf and has losses - koge has a hard time again blues and loses. San Juan is tough and shows up but often ties or loses Socal. Solar is maybe over confident coming in but needed the wild card. I call it for one of the socal teams - and I know koge had a hard time this year - many injuries to deal with along the way and had to scrap to contend for playoff spot. Koge may be mentally prepared more than any other team. Blues had a high scoring season with a specific style of play. Blues may get knocked off footing in elite 8 - and surf always looks solid.

Is there such a thing as lower rank really in the elite 8? Koge often gives surf a hard time and has wins - blues has a hard time against surf and has losses - koge has a hard time again blues and loses. San Juan is tough and shows up but often ties or loses Socal. Solar is maybe over confident coming in but needed the wild card. I call it for one of the socal teams - and I know koge had a hard time this year - many injuries to deal with along the way and had to scrap to contend for playoff spot. Koge may be mentally prepared more than any other team.

Blues had a high scoring season with a specific style of play. Blues may get knocked off footing in elite 8 - and surf always looks solid.
[/QUOTE
Blues beat surf 4 to 1 and tied 1 to 1 = league play. Lost in pks to Surf (1-1) in Manchester. Beat up on Koge twice in league (5-3 and 5-1). Had a coaching change mid season. All teams have had injuries and players not at games so cant use that excuse for Koge or any other team. You want to talk mentality the blues definitely have it along with surf, legends and play with a coolness. Either of those 3 can do it.

I’d say your final comes down to a combo of surf, Solar, PDA, SoCal Blues. It’s the elite 8 and all of these teams are capable. Surf looks really good but Solar figured them out after first 20 mins and it was a different game after that. It was just too late by then. If I had to bet though, I’d say the final is PDA v Surf.

Back