'22-'23 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

Again maybe so, I say that about Surf who just cruised against Solar and RC. Did PDA pick up players? They tied Matchfit twice and Matchfit lost to Koge.
No new players. MFA and PDA are huge rivals in NJ. I think the second game was the same weekend as US Mini-Camp. MFA had one player and PDA had six players at the camp so that would explain the tie.

We have friends at both clubs and know both teams very well. PDA has stronger players across the board and plays better soccer.

Have to agree with everyone else though, PDA, Solar, Blues and Surf. PDA and Surf seem to be the hottest right now.

I think the only thing Cali teams have working against it right now is the weather conditions out here in VA. It’s been extremely humid, wet, and whether we have Canadian smoke issues is too far out. It will be different for some of these young ladies. I wish we had Cali conditions because I can’t stand dripping in sweat standing still when it is only 85*. It’s similar to a 100* day in Dallas. Lets just hope the muggy conditions go away!!!

*Edit - Don’t underestimate Richmond. They have home field advantage and I’m telling you, if you are not ready for they’re style of play, they can catch you off guard.

No new players. MFA and PDA are huge rivals in NJ. I think the second game was the same weekend as US Mini-Camp. MFA had one player and PDA had six players at the camp so that would explain the tie.

We have friends at both clubs and know both teams very well. PDA has stronger players across the board and plays better soccer.

Have to agree with everyone else though, PDA, Solar, Blues and Surf. PDA and Surf seem to be the hottest right now.

I think the only thing Cali teams have working against it right now is the weather conditions out here in VA. It’s been extremely humid, wet, and whether we have Canadian smoke issues is too far out. It will be different for some of these young ladies. I wish we had Cali conditions because I can’t stand dripping in sweat standing still when it is only 85*. It’s similar to a 100* day in Dallas. Lets just hope the muggy conditions go away!!!

*Edit - Don’t underestimate Richmond. They have home field advantage and I’m telling you, if you are not ready for they’re style of play, they can catch you off guard.
Thanks for the intel; I said the same thing about the weather. The So Cal games I watched this past week were very high pace. It won’t be so in Richmond. What style are you speaking of regarding Richmond?

Love this Mars and 100% I agree. This is what makes soccer so fun. I remember when my dd old Surf team was taking on the #1 team in the country, the San Jose Earthquakes. They were loaded to bear and I think had 5 UCLA commits before the girls were 8th graders, a Stanford stud and a roster full of YNT players. We had two YNT players and two Virtual YNT Camp invites because of the Rona. Anyway, they were the top of the top and I would argue second best team ever behind the old Blues Baker 01/02 squad with, Turner, Rodman, Campbell, Jackson and few others that I can't remember. Anyway, in 2017 we caught the Quakes off guard and upset them 2-0 in the first year of the Girls Development Academy. Our coach had the best game plan of a full court press 10 minutes into the game. Both teams played from the back. When he yelled, "attack" we pressed them and it was a like a deer in headlight moment for their goats. Every scout West of the Mississippi was in attendance. My dd had the game of her life (Doc and coach said that, not me) and she scored both goals. It was in Oceanside and the fields were perfect and the weather was perfect. Good luck to all the teams and especially good luck to all Socal teams. Bring home the Natty. My dd has that natty in 2017 and it still brings joy to both of us. Go get em Socal!!!

Love this Mars and 100% I agree. This is what makes soccer so fun. I remember when my dd old Surf team was taking on the #1 team in the country, the San Jose Earthquakes. They were loaded to bear and I think had 5 UCLA commits before the girls were 8th graders, a Stanford stud and a roster full of YNT players. We had two YNT players and two Virtual YNT Camp invites because of the Rona. Anyway, they were the top of the top and I would argue second best team ever behind the old Blues Baker 01/02 squad with, Turner, Rodman, Campbell, Jackson and few others that I can't remember. Anyway, in 2017 we caught the Quakes off guard and upset them 2-0 in the first year of the Girls Development Academy. Our coach had the best game plan of a full court press 10 minutes into the game. Both teams played from the back. When he yelled, "attack" we pressed them and it was a like a deer in headlight moment for their goats. Every scout West of the Mississippi was in attendance. My dd had the game of her life (Doc and coach said that, not me) and she scored both goals. It was in Oceanside and the fields were perfect and the weather was perfect. Good luck to all the teams and especially good luck to all Socal teams. Bring home the Natty. My dd has that natty in 2017 and it still brings joy to both of us. Go get em Socal!!!
I like when situations like this happen.

Often teams get used to playing other teams in their league, or playing on on turf or grass, etc etc etc. Then when a new something comes in everything gets upended.

Back in the day we had a coach that did everything "right". Played out of three back, taught players to "break the line", everything was very conservative but it worked against the teams in league. In comes a new B team coach who taught his team to boot it up + play wild and aggressive. Basically everything "wrong" in youth soccer. It worked they beat our team + it caused a huge rift in the club. Nine times out of ten it wouldn't have worked but that day it did.

Once the team was exposed to that style of play more often they knew how to handle it. There's a reason youth coaches default to possession. But sometimes teams just have to go for broke and play crazy because it might work.

I like when situations like this happen.

Often teams get used to playing other teams in their league, or playing on on turf or grass, etc etc etc. Then when a new something comes in everything gets upended.

Back in the day we had a coach that did everything "right". Played out of three back, taught players to "break the line", everything was very conservative but it worked against the teams in league. In comes a new B team coach who taught his team to boot it up + play wild and aggressive. Basically everything "wrong" in youth soccer. It worked they beat our team + it caused a huge rift in the club. Nine times out of ten it wouldn't have worked but that day it did.

Once the team was exposed to that style of play more often they knew how to handle it. There's a reason youth coaches default to possession. But sometimes teams just have to go for broke and play crazy because it might work.
I hear you bro. Were talking about doing whatever it takes to win the natty during playoff time, not league :) Lay it all out for one game is fun to watch. Playing the passing game sometimes is tossed that day because the other team is going all out to win. You have to catch teams off guard or try something new to win at all cost. Blues played very direct when my dd was playing for that club. That #1 team was all about big, fast, aggressive and never let the gas pedal off until you were up 8-0 or won, whichever came first. That Blues team was #1 in the country and gave up ZERO goals in league. Lot's of YNT players on that team as well.

Thanks for the intel; I said the same thing about the weather. The So Cal games I watched this past week were very high pace. It won’t be so in Richmond. What style are you speaking of regarding Richmond?

Tried to send you PM but am not allowed for some reason. Don't want to put that on blast.

I call San Juan winning it all.. their pick up of those sac
Little known tidbit of information…remember the USYS team KC Legends that was highly ranked? Well they’re star forward (maybe best in US) moved to KC Athletics before the ECNL deadline and is now playing with them. I saw today she scored 4 goals in yesterday’s game. Kudos to Legends for keeping her out of the net. She is a pretty amazing player.
Little known tidbit of information…remember the USYS team KC Legends that was highly ranked? Well they’re star forward (maybe best in US) moved to KC Athletics before the ECNL deadline and is now playing with them. I saw today she scored 4 goals in yesterday’s game. Kudos to Legends for keeping her out of the net. She is a pretty amazing player.
He
I’d say your final comes down to a combo of surf, Solar, PDA, SoCal Blues. It’s the elite 8 and all of these teams are capable. Surf looks really good but Solar figured them out after first 20 mins and it was a different game after that. It was just too late by then. If I had to bet though, I’d say the final is PDA v Surf.
My dd.. had played with that player but both girls San Juan picked up for encl playoffs… I’ll go with the latter.. the forward SJ grabbed is one of the best in the nation.

Nope, first time poster.
The reason I ask is because GA gave the Golden Glove award this year to a 2010 that might be a biological boy + parents on other teams are talking about it.

Problem is if the players parents are able to get a birth cert switched from Male to Female there's not much GA can do about it. Unless we want to start testing 13 year old girls for testosterone levels.

The reason I ask is because GA gave the Golden Glove award this year to a 2010 that might be a biological boy + parents on other teams are talking about it.

Problem is if the players parents are able to get a birth cert switched from Male to Female there's not much GA can do about it. Unless we want to start testing 13 year old girls for testosterone levels.
Okay, so my post had nothing to do with that..

Nope, nothing to do with that. San Juan will win bc of the 9 they grabbed. Might be the best kid I have seen for the age group.

I’m going with Blues to win the belt, They have always been top top and seem to be peaking. Feels like it’s their time. Congrats to the elite 8!
That’s a lot of pressure for that team… they’re only one of two teams (2010s) that made the finals for our club … and they share the same coach… it’s going to be tough, and yet interesting to see how they do.

Back