'22-'23 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

Solar, PDA, Richmond and Surf andvance to Semis.

Blues lost in Pks, Koge got screwed by the ref badly-Red card 10 min into game; later in game awarded a pk on a dive; didnt award pks the other way when their was a bloody nose in box. -Ecnl should be embarrassed by the non impartial ref in that game-i guess being impartial doesnt exist in today's language in many ways...

Blues lost in Pks, Koge got screwed by the ref badly-Red card 10 min into game; later in game awarded a pk on a dive; didnt award pks the other way when their was a bloody nose in box. -Ecnl should be embarrassed by the non impartial ref in that game-i guess being impartial doesnt exist in today's language in many ways...

I watched the game. Richmond outplayed Koge. First, about your red card....Richmond beat the last player to goal, Koge player tripped from behind right outside the box. That is an immediate red card. To say that was a dive is awful, like awful. It was actually a smart play by the defender though because she saved a goal and nothing came of the free kick. Red card was the correct call, sorry. It's Nationals. You don't get off with a yellow on this level. I was actually happy to see that called as a red for once because too many players do the exact same thing and get off with a foul or a yellow when it should always be red.

Second, Koge was awarded an indirect kick due to a high kick foul in the box. The ball bounced in the box off of a ball played in and the Richmond made a high kick that did hit the Koge player in the face. The Koge player never touched or had possession. By rule, this was the correct call.

Calls were in fact made both ways from what I saw. I actually came out with more respect for Koge as they were more physical against a team that is known for its physicality.

In the end, Richmond outpossessed and finished. Don't blame refs for a 2-0 game especially when those goals were scored during play and not on free kicks.

Anybody can view these replays if they want to check themselves.

I watched the game. Richmond outplayed Koge. First, about your red card....Richmond beat the last player to goal, Koge player tripped from behind right outside the box. That is an immediate red card. To say that was a dive is awful, like awful. It was actually a smart play by the defender though because she saved a goal and nothing came of the free kick. Red card was the correct call, sorry. It's Nationals. You don't get off with a yellow on this level. I was actually happy to see that called as a red for once because too many players do the exact same thing and get off with a foul or a yellow when it should always be red.

Second, Koge was awarded an indirect kick due to a high kick foul in the box. The ball bounced in the box off of a ball played in and the Richmond made a high kick that did hit the Koge player in the face. The Koge player never touched or had possession. By rule, this was the correct call.

Calls were in fact made both ways from what I saw. I actually came out with more respect for Koge as they were more physical against a team that is known for its physicality.

In the end, Richmond outpossessed and finished. Don't blame refs for a 2-0 game especially when those goals were scored during play and not on free kicks.

Anybody can view these replays if they want to check themselves.
How were the other games Mars?

How were the other games Mars?
So Legends and Surf was a really good game. Surf got up 2-0 but Legends did everything they could to claw back in. Another physical game.

I think Blues outplayed Solar in 1st half, Solar absolutely turned it around the second half and drew a foul in the box to tie it up. And then PKs. Another great game that could have gone either way.

PDA and San Juan not so much. PDA dominated most of the game and San Juan had a few chances. If PDA did a better job at finishing by the goal, it could have been a 6-0 game. I am going to chalk San Juan’s performance up to playing a team like PDA rather than say they didn’t look good.

Richmond and PDA played at Jeff Cup earlier this Spring with PDA winning 1-0. I like PDA again, maybe by more.

Going to take Surf over Solar. Surf seems bigger and more physical than Blues but in reality this is a toss up again.

Here is some additional insight although it pains me to say. I also watched the 2009 GA Nationals and have somewhat of a comparison albeit a very small sample size…

I think 6 of the 8 final ECNL teams would likely win over the GA Champion and GA Finalist. There is one team in the final 8 that would be tossups with those GA teams. The other team I actually believe would lose to the GA teams.

Surf destroyed Solar. Solar fortunate they have a chance with WC as the game could’ve been real ugly.
Surf went thru Solar like a sharp knife to butter again. Congrats! Watching the game, SW Sonoran division is a beast, would this solar team even qualify for the playoffs in that conference? Just a thought...Also, is this Solar coach staying or leaving? His yelling is unprecedent...

I
Surf went thru Solar like a sharp knife to butter again. Congrats! Watching the game, SW Sonoran division is a beast, would this solar team even qualify for the playoffs in that conference? Just a thought...Also, is this Solar coach staying or leaving? His yelling is unprecedent...

I was more surprised about San Juan putting up 4 goals on Koge. 1-0 wins isn’t exactly a sharp knife through butter though. More like a bread knife through bread. A tough battle with the bread eventually winning. Two wins in the end though leaves little doubt.

I

I was more surprised about San Juan putting up 4 goals on Koge. 1-0 wins isn’t exactly a sharp knife through butter though. More like a bread knife through bread. A tough battle with the bread eventually winning. Two wins in the end though leaves little doubt.
Surf hit many posts-- as for the San Juan game, if you knew the koge players they had multiple players playing different positions that normally dont. Appeared to treat it like a scrimmage.

I do know/understand soccer; Solar got carved up, no PK this game to bail you out.
Blues foul was unfortunate. I heard the replay most said it was bs? Let’s see what they have next year - coach who came in mind season - he made changes that speak - I’m changing things ?

Koge seems maybe not as prepared for big league this year - that what that loss was about - preparedness. Coaches fault. Also 4-1 ? If you don’t take a national consolation game with pride and give it away - I’m not sure what that says. It’s not a scrimmage. Not all players want to lose so if that’s true that players were moved to different positions - well call me confused. That’s what off season training is for.

Finalists are well deserving at the end of the day - 2 oiled machines playing food soccer.

Blues foul was unfortunate. I heard the replay most said it was bs? Let’s see what they have next year - coach who came in mind season - he made changes that speak - I’m changing things ?

Koge seems maybe not as prepared for big league this year - that what that loss was about - preparedness. Coaches fault. Also 4-1 ? If you don’t take a national consolation game with pride and give it away - I’m not sure what that says. It’s not a scrimmage. Not all players want to lose so if that’s true that players were moved to different positions - well call me confused. That’s what off season training is for.

Finalists are well deserving at the end of the day - 2 oiled machines playing food soccer.
Sorry writing from my bumpy car ride

Heard surf added all these players and started them as the powerhouses they think they are. Does that win national titles? Has all this become just a recruiting to win shit show? Where is development? No seriously what team develops - I know you recruit - obviously if you have a hole to fill or someone leaves or … but adding those many players at the end …hmmmm

PDA wins. Great effort by Surf though. Solar coach and Surf Coach are meeting afterwards for beers to discuss how they might actually be blood related because of how similar they are. You need to let the girls play. I also am not going to be able to sit for a week after hearing the PDA coach telling his players to "Stand'er up" about 1,000,000x.

Fun game though. The 2010 game was also a good one to watch.

Back